Texas @ Stanford series

TheBryMan81

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Yeah I would love for that to be a pipeline and opportunity for our RTF students/grads. Though they need to perform up to professional levels, this isn't baby's first TV job...like those Stanford guys.

If the bar is be better than Lowell fucking Galindo, I’m confident we can find students who can surpass that expectation.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

With the quality of the stream, I don’t imagine it’d be very easy to sync them up, but did anybody try streaming andjust listening to the radio broadcast? Don’t know why that didn’t cross my mind last night. 

the radio stream was about 30-45 seconds ahead of the video stream

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

We need to.

It's such a game changer in selling to recruits and other students.

Want to go into broadcasting, sports reporting or TV production after graduation? WE HAVE A FUCKING NETWORK THAT FOCUSES ON THIS!   Our on-air talent should be used for graduates before being gobbled up by the networks.  Build a base of UT alum throughout the sports broadcasting and reporting world.

Plus just look at the former hosts of LHN... NFL Countdown Host, CNN Anchor, NFL Cowboys Reporter

1.png

1-cover-main-a-1.jpg

Jane-Slater.jpg

59 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If the bar is be better than Lowell fucking Galindo, I’m confident we can find students who can surpass that expectation.

I wish someone on set w/LG would light up a stoagie & set his hair product on fire.

Dude belongs in Racal Flats, not UT Sports 

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BERT said:

Wasn't he pulled because we got the first two on in the 9th against him? 

He still had really good stuff to my eye and was still around the zone.  I guess the coach thought he was out of gas.  Ellis got on with an infield single and then he walked a guy on some close pitches.  You can assume Todd would still have sacrificed and they would have still intentionally walked Zubia.  So it came down to who would you rather have face Reynolds with the bases juiced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Enter at your own peril

Hey I already have the D1Baseball guys spending 95% of their time talking about the ACC and SEC and ignoring the entire rest of the country. How much worse could it be?

Edited by Valmy77

I would think Oklahoma State should be happy we ran off Mack Brown. They have pretty much dominated us since.

It was funny while Garrido was head coach the Texas haters despised us for NOT running him off after his DWI incident. There is just no pleasing the irrational.

Edited by Valmy77

39 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Love us or hate us, it all pretty much revolves around us. We dominate our victims without even pondering their existence, much less their threat. 

We sre back bitches...  We are here to take your girlfriends, your lunch money, and whatever else it is you think we do...

Just kidding... we could do all that even when we couldn't string out a conference series win in 700 plus days...

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Isn't there some weird stat about how our result against Stanford correlates to how far we go in postseason? 

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Let's see....in the years we made the national championship game/series:

In 2002: We went 1-2 at Stanford

In 2004: We went 1-2 at Stanford

In 2005: We went 3-0 at home

In 2009: We went 2-1 at Stanford

So there doesn't seem to be a correlation.

Might be a little correlation........?

Stanford while always fundamentally sound, was a damn good team in 2002 and us, them, and Rice were all on the same side of the bracket in that CWS. Those games won all came down to clutch hits or plays.... Augie always used this series as some what of a barometer (and, I believe Mark Marquardt & Stanford also) to see where we stood in the early season. 7-5 over those four years you posted. Not sure what we did against them in 2003, but we were also in the CWS that year.

56 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Not sure but I would like to see it if anyone should have it.

Here is last 3 years.....

2016  @ home, Split the series 2-2. Nothing for us after the Big 12 Tourney.

2017 @ 1-3. Stanford won 1st game then lost last 3.   UT made Regionals and beat by Long Beach St.

2018  @ home, 1-3. Horns win 1st game and drop next 3.  TX Regional and Supers Host. CWS - 2 and BBQ. (Stanford lost in their home regional twice to a hot Cal St Fullerton, otherwise, imo they might win it all at CWS) 

2019 1-0 so far.....split or better is gravy. Stanford consistently fields a sound, fundamental ball club.

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

2019 1-0 so far.....split or better is gravy. Stanford consistently fields a sound, fundamental ball club.

In my experience the West Coast teams tend to field teams like this, which is why I usually hate playing them. UC Irvine, Long Beach State, UCLA, Cal State Fullerton, and Stanford strike fear in my heart the way other teams don't because they usually are frustrating as hell to score upon.

So I felt a little better seeing Stanford make some mistakes last night even though they did shut us out for eight innings.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

In my experience the West Coast teams tend to field teams like this, which is why I usually hate playing them. UC Irvine, Long Beach State, UCLA, Cal State Fullerton, and Stanford strike fear in my heart the way other teams don't because they usually are frustrating as hell to score upon.

So I felt a little better seeing Stanford make some mistakes last night even though they did shut us out for eight innings.

Agree 100%. Dad played at UT for Bibb Falk, so I have been watching UT baseball since the last games at Clark Field (ref. my sign in name). Been back in TX now for 10 years but lived on the west coast for 25 years and watched plenty of Pac 10 Baseball. Probably a couple of others, but I would include Pepperdine to your list. I dont like seeing them but you know you better be ready, because they will be. With Augie gone and Marquardt (sp?) no longer coaching , I still hope we continue to play them. I think it is good for college baseball for elite programs to challenge each other a bit.

Though not there this year, it gives me another reason to visit the bay area and my daughter that lives out there.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Would you say it scares you to death? 

2 hours ago, petscii said:

We sre back bitches...  We are here to take your girlfriends, your lunch money, and whatever else it is you think we do...

We're here to take your whiskey and your women, burn this mother down, sacrifice your virgins

6 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Ok help an old man out..

i am getting to the screen for the game with the play arrow but no matter how many times I press it nothing happens.

WTF?

Send me your surly login, SSN, and credit card info and I'll get you authenticated.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Ok help an old man out..

i am getting to the screen for the game with the play arrow but no matter how many times I press it nothing happens.

WTF?

Try going through texassports.com.  Go to the calendar at the top, click on the plus sign by today's game, then click on the thing that looks like a tiny Sony camcorder.  Of course, you will need to wait until 8:05p.

Funny..some of you but I tried last night well into game time and got nothing.

Will wait until game time tonight and then terrorize you fuckers if I can't get it to work.

What really pisses me off is I have 6 or 7 fucking PAC 12 channels and they were all showing women's fucking basketball.

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Ok help an old man out..

WTF?

I had the same problem last night using Chrome. I couldn't get it to play at all after the game had already started. I switched over to Safari and it worked immediately, so maybe try using a different browser.