Spring Football starts today

Goo Punch

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah. Eagles has really good speed, especially for his size. He ran a 4.51 at a Houston opening where everyone was posting slow times due to bad weather outside. Z is where I’d prefer to have my worst route runner because they run a lot of deep routes, like go’s and posts, while X is more of a possession receiver that needs to run good routes. 

Eagles has struggled with route running in the past and he loses a lot of his speed on cuts, so I think Z would fit him a lot better.

Burt might compete for the Z as well, when he comes back.

47 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I think all the recieving spots are locked down, with only H being a little up for grabs with the talent there. 

If Bru gets his waiver granted, I think he is at worst our 3rd best wideout come August. 

Then again, we might play him more at the slot, but if anything is "up for grabs" I'm assuming he grabs it. 

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah. Eagles has really good speed, especially for his size. He ran a 4.51 at a Houston opening where everyone was posting slow times due to bad weather outside. Z is where I’d prefer to have my worst route runner because they run a lot of deep routes, like go’s and posts, while X is more of a possession receiver that needs to run good routes. 

Eagles has struggled with route running in the past and he loses a lot of his speed on cuts, so I think Z would fit him a lot better.

Eagles also ran a 3.99 shuttle, so he should have some quicks.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

If Bru gets his waiver granted, I think he is at worst our 3rd best wideout come August. 

Then again, we might play him more at the slot, but if anything is "up for grabs" I'm assuming he grabs it. 

I don't see how Jake gets totally left out. Moore either. The coaches may be forced into more of a rotation than they're letting on. Way too much talent would be left on sidelines. 

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I don't see how Jake gets totally left out. Moore either. The coaches may be forced into more of a rotation than they're letting on. Way too much talent would be left on sidelines. 

I think it will be a rotation, too. My point is that while a bunch of guys will get a look at the slot I wouldn't be surprised if Bru establishes himself as one of our top wideouts. CJ is obviously a lock for the X. Duvernay will see a lot of plays as well. After that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else struggles to separate themselves from Bru. 

I mean he was a top 10 player nationally for a reason. I would be more surprised if he didn't feature quite a bit his freshman year. 

(obv this is assuming he plays)

Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

It's amazing how far we've come in two years. 2017 we were complaining about the WR rotation now we need it just because the room is so stacked. 

Yep. Herman’s been killing it in recruiting. 2020’s team will be by far the most talented roster we’ve fielded in about 10 years. 

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Orlando.   $1.7mill/yr    (2yrs left)

Beck.        $790k/yr       (1yr left)

Hand         $650k/yr      (2yrs left)

Except for Orlando and Hand, Ohio State is paying all of their coaches more in 2019.  Might make sense to give Coach Washington a better raise......

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Orlando.  $1.7mill.  (2yrs left)

Beck.        $790k    (1yr left)

Hand         $650k.   (2yrs left)

Except for Orlando and Hand, Ohio State is paying all of their coaches more.  Might make sense to give Coach Washington a better raise......

They all got pay cuts.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

They all got pay cuts.

1)Orlando, Beck & Hand no cuts right??

2) Why pay cuts for the other 7 assts??

3). If you have details, please share how much the pay cuts were for each of the 7 coaches mentioned in the Brian Davis tweet.... (cuts are minimal I think)

Of the 7 assts, I still think Washington should get a raise.....

Thx

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Orlando.   $1.7mill/yr    (2yrs left)

Beck.        $790k/yr       (1yr left)

Hand         $650k/yr      (2yrs left)

Except for Orlando and Hand, Ohio State is paying all of their coaches more in 2019.  Might make sense to give Coach Washington a better raise......

I think Hand deserves a raise.

17 hours ago, Machinator said:

I don't think he's going to be better than a junior Kerstetter or even a redshirt freshman Christian Jones.

I could see him being in the two-deep at guard, though.

What the fuck is with all of this “Tyler Johnson might be a guard” bullshit? Is it coming from anywhere other than $9.95ers over-thinking their own evaluation skills?

Edited by closetojumping

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What the fuck is with all of this “Tyler Johnson” might be a guard bullshit? Is it coming from anywhere other than $9.95ers over-thinking their own evaluation skills?

He's been listed as the 3rd team RG on a couple of the practice reports posted above. 

I thought it was interesting, to say the least, that Moore was listed as 2nd team RG. Any insight on these and the Okafor situation?