Spring Football starts today

Goo Punch

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

From an OU fan lmao: 

There is no fkn way OU is favored by 14.5 over Texas. My Sooners have had monster teams the past two years and mine was 7 and 9 and covered neither. That has to be a typo

Another OU fan:

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

just went to the betonline..and the LSU game is TX plus 3.. and the ou games is not even listed for that weekend smh..

Well it was fun while it lasted. 

I would be surprised if we aren't favored in Ft. Worth, and shocked if we don't get at least a touchdown against what will likely be an awful Tech team at home. 

23 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Yeah, but does the NCAA really want to deal with the litigation that would ensue should they deny McCoy's request?

Exactly, if a player has an attorney, the NCAA isn't going to waste their time, money, and effort on it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Yeah, but does the NCAA really want to deal with the litigation that would ensue should they deny McCoy's request?

Then they need to change the rule.

Putting players who can’t afford to hire an attorney at a severe disadvantage is not a good policy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need a new name for it. Hey, why not name it after our two greatest coaches, and call it Royal Brown Stadium? We could use the same name for our team colors - Royal Brown sounds much more top-flight than Burnt Orange.

Just think of the Merchandizing that could be done. Would you like a Royal with cheese? Royal brown (bacon)? Royal and brown (like a harp and Guinness). The possibilities are endless!

Just think of the Merchandizing that could be done. Would you like a Royal with cheese? Royal brown (bacon)? Royal and brown (like a harp and Guinness). The possibilities are endless!
"Yeah, let me have a Crown Royal Brown on the rocks... Make it a double. "

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Putting players who can’t afford to hire an attorney at a severe disadvantage is not a good policy. 

Lol at words like "change, disadvantage, and good policy" when talking about the ncaa.

Haven't laughed that hard today, thanks.

OU being a 17 pt favorite has to be either trolling or galactic level of delusion (1-2 rungs within aggy level delusion). I know we’re replacing a lot on defense, but they are replacing a lot of playmakers and linemen on the offensive side of the ball. Whose fucking logic was this?

4 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Yep, locker room material, disrespect, chip on shoulder, something,  something, something...kick their meth headed trailer dwelling asses... btw,  ousux.

Wanna be a little careful here, although I grant you, MensaTom appears quite a different breed from Mack or Charlie. Few years back - spring 2011 I think - some loudmouth sooner was shooting off his mouth about a 38-point victory for them the next fall. I jumped all over his ass, offering to put up a cool quarter-mill on that line. Praise Bob, he didn't respond, because that was eggsackly the margin. Mouth, checks, body, cash... 

14 hours ago, Snacks said:
14 hours ago, Nivek said:

"Yeah, let me have a Crown Royal Brown on the rocks... Make it a double. "

Like the way you think - everythang better with bacon!

So I'm not the biggest sports betting guy, but, say put $20 on Texas every game now make sense? 

I just would like to punish these fucks for thinking Texas is going to take a step back, when I believe they are going to take a hop forward. 

On 3/19/2019 at 11:31 AM, Nope said:

Looks like Ojomo is spending spring break in Greece (Instagram story). Wonder who else made the trip.

Is he Eastern Orthodox?

It's cold in Greece this time of year. Nice weather if your hiking Mt. Olympus or the Acropolis, but definitely not beach weather and island hopping is what Greece is all about other than a day in Athens.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:36 PM, Burt Macklin said:

Welcome to America!

On 3/19/2019 at 4:06 PM, ztejas said:

That's not a policy that's just the country we live in. 

This.

Horns247 Staff: Best, most alarming developments from Week 1 of spring practice

Each week the Horns247 staff tackles the Question of the Week, where we provide answers to Longhorn specific topics. This week’s question comes after the Longhorns wrapped up the first week of spring practice. While Tom Herman's team has only put on the pads once, there were some significant developments that came out of Week 1 of spring football. With that in mind, the Question of the Week is ... What was the best development and most concerning development for Texas from the first week of spring ball?

Bobby Burton, Publisher

The glowing reviews of the team’s size and athleticism generally was perhaps the biggest positive takeaway from last week. Texas needs some new faces to step up and it looks like they have some legit replacements. From a downside, I’m probably most concerned about two of the lingering injuries. De'Gabriel Floyd and Keondre Coburn are both somewhat sidelined with what almost might be called indeterminate injuries. We don’t know the extent of them. Could they be career-threatening? We don’t know yet but until we hear something definitive, there will always be that doubt.

Chip Brown, Columnist

The best development from the first week of spring practice, to me, was the excitement in Sam Ehlinger’s voice talking about the upside and potential impact of Tope Imade on the O-Line , Josh Moore in the slot, Bru McCoy at receiver and Jordan Whittington at running back. The biggest concern are the tests being run to determine the lingering effects of a neck injury suffered in high school by potential middle linebacker/early enrollee freshman De'Gabriel Floyd.

Jeff Howe, Senior Writer

The best development is the amount of work the young skill players are getting on offense. With only four scholarship running backs on the roster compared to last preseason when there were seven, Keaontay Ingram and Jordan Whittington and going to get all of the work they can handle in the first spring practices for both Longhorns. The same can be said for a talented group of wide receiver with Devin Duvernay and Collin Johnson on the shelf and John Burt running track. Malcolm Epps, Joshua Moore and Brennan Eagles have were the No. 1 group in the first week and with eight career catches between the three of them, the more work they can get this spring the better they'll be. On the other side of the coin, the health of Keondre Coburn and De'Gabriel Floyd is concerning. Coburn is needed in a defensive line group that has a chance to feature nine significant contributors so long as younger members of the room like Coburn, Daniel Carson, Moro Ojomo and Jacoby Jones make good progress this spring. Inside linebacker is probably the biggest question mark among all of the position groups in the program right now and the fact that Floyd has yet to be cleared for contact negatively impacts an already thin room.

Taylor Estes, Managing Editor

The most positive development for Texas to me was the work from the wide receivers group. While it’s not a positive that Collin Johnson and Devin Duvernay are recovering from injuries, their absence has allowed for some of the younger guys to see additional reps in practice. Johnson and Duvernay have proven what they can do, so it’s beneficial for the coaches to see what the guys behind them have to offer. The most concerning development was definitely the lingering neck injury De'Gabriel Floyd has been dealing with. The linebacker group is already thin, so this does not help that situation in the slightest.

EJ Holland, Recruiting Analyst

From a recruiting standpoint, Texas got in Ja'Quinden Jackson and Chris Thompson for the first time this offseason. They are two of the top priorities in the class. Not getting Vernon Broughton back on campus was disappointing for Texas. They need to host him again soon.

Mike Roach, Recruiting Analyst

I think the best development were the early reports of Jordan Whittington and Bru McCoy. If McCoy can be cleared to play and Whittington can contribute at running back, it goes a long way towards the offense next year. The most concerning development is obviously the kidney ailment to Keondre Coburn. Organ issues are always concerning when it comes to a player's future and overall health.

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

These are both dope. Esp the Bru one. He meets Ray Lewis and Mahomes. 

Bru is such a SoCal kid - in his affect and demeanor. Crazy to me that we are snagging kids from MD. I mean he couldn't be more LA and he's coming to play football in Austin, Texas.

So excited for this season. 

On 3/19/2019 at 11:34 AM, Valmy77 said:

OU -17? The last time that matchup was decided by more than two TDs was 2013. I mean I know we lost some people but they lost the Heisman Trophy winner. Surely that means something? I don't get this huge collapse we are constantly seeing projected. If Charlie Strong's players were so irreplaceable and dominant why did they go 5-7 so much?

They lost their entire fucking offense. Murray, Brown, 4 OL, a TE, another WR.

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

These are both dope. Esp the Bru one. He meets Ray Lewis and Mahomes. 

Bru is such a SoCal kid - in his affect and demeanor. Crazy to me that we are snagging kids from MD. I mean he couldn't be more LA and he's coming to play football in Austin, Texas.

So excited for this season. 

Bru is such a hoss. Definitely laid back, very coastal California, but he showed up at 206 lbs?

Patrick Mahomes his such a rural Texas kid. His accent is very apparent.

Ray Lewis repeated "If you ever need anything..." (or something close), I'm not sure if Bru knows what Ray actually means, but his dad probably does.

Atlantic City is such a shit hole. It's so embarrassing that any award would hold its ceremony in that dump. I guess that all of Newark's banquet halls were reserved that weekend.

I'm psyched for this season. I'm also a little impressed that Mahomes knew that Texas & LSU play early this season. Apparently he still follows college ball a bit.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Bru is such a hoss. Definitely laid back, very coastal California, but he showed up at 206 lbs?

Patrick Mahomes his such a rural Texas kid. His accent is very apparent.

Ray Lewis repeated "If you ever need anything..." (or something close), I'm not sure if Bru knows what Ray actually means, but his dad probably does.

Atlantic City is such a shit hole. It's so embarrassing that any award would hold its ceremony in that dump. I guess that all of Newark's banquet halls were reserved that weekend.

I'm psyched for this season. I'm also a little impressed that Mahomes knew that Texas & LSU play early this season. Apparently he still follows college ball a bit.

Kermit the Frog is from rural Texas?

Image result for Kermit the Frog banjo

Image result for Kermit the Frog Patrick Mahomes

13 hours ago, satyanash said:

Horns247 Staff: Best, most alarming developments from Week 1 of spring practice

Reveal hidden contents

Each week the Horns247 staff tackles the Question of the Week, where we provide answers to Longhorn specific topics. This week’s question comes after the Longhorns wrapped up the first week of spring practice. While Tom Herman's team has only put on the pads once, there were some significant developments that came out of Week 1 of spring football. With that in mind, the Question of the Week is ... What was the best development and most concerning development for Texas from the first week of spring ball?

Bobby Burton, Publisher

The glowing reviews of the team’s size and athleticism generally was perhaps the biggest positive takeaway from last week. Texas needs some new faces to step up and it looks like they have some legit replacements. From a downside, I’m probably most concerned about two of the lingering injuries. De'Gabriel Floyd and Keondre Coburn are both somewhat sidelined with what almost might be called indeterminate injuries. We don’t know the extent of them. Could they be career-threatening? We don’t know yet but until we hear something definitive, there will always be that doubt.

Chip Brown, Columnist

The best development from the first week of spring practice, to me, was the excitement in Sam Ehlinger’s voice talking about the upside and potential impact of Tope Imade on the O-Line , Josh Moore in the slot, Bru McCoy at receiver and Jordan Whittington at running back. The biggest concern are the tests being run to determine the lingering effects of a neck injury suffered in high school by potential middle linebacker/early enrollee freshman De'Gabriel Floyd.

Jeff Howe, Senior Writer

The best development is the amount of work the young skill players are getting on offense. With only four scholarship running backs on the roster compared to last preseason when there were seven, Keaontay Ingram and Jordan Whittington and going to get all of the work they can handle in the first spring practices for both Longhorns. The same can be said for a talented group of wide receiver with Devin Duvernay and Collin Johnson on the shelf and John Burt running track. Malcolm Epps, Joshua Moore and Brennan Eagles have were the No. 1 group in the first week and with eight career catches between the three of them, the more work they can get this spring the better they'll be. On the other side of the coin, the health of Keondre Coburn and De'Gabriel Floyd is concerning. Coburn is needed in a defensive line group that has a chance to feature nine significant contributors so long as younger members of the room like Coburn, Daniel Carson, Moro Ojomo and Jacoby Jones make good progress this spring. Inside linebacker is probably the biggest question mark among all of the position groups in the program right now and the fact that Floyd has yet to be cleared for contact negatively impacts an already thin room.

Taylor Estes, Managing Editor

The most positive development for Texas to me was the work from the wide receivers group. While it’s not a positive that Collin Johnson and Devin Duvernay are recovering from injuries, their absence has allowed for some of the younger guys to see additional reps in practice. Johnson and Duvernay have proven what they can do, so it’s beneficial for the coaches to see what the guys behind them have to offer. The most concerning development was definitely the lingering neck injury De'Gabriel Floyd has been dealing with. The linebacker group is already thin, so this does not help that situation in the slightest.

EJ Holland, Recruiting Analyst

From a recruiting standpoint, Texas got in Ja'Quinden Jackson and Chris Thompson for the first time this offseason. They are two of the top priorities in the class. Not getting Vernon Broughton back on campus was disappointing for Texas. They need to host him again soon.

Mike Roach, Recruiting Analyst

I think the best development were the early reports of Jordan Whittington and Bru McCoy. If McCoy can be cleared to play and Whittington can contribute at running back, it goes a long way towards the offense next year. The most concerning development is obviously the kidney ailment to Keondre Coburn. Organ issues are always concerning when it comes to a player's future and overall health.

So we should just start calling him nearly-headless-De’Gabriel?

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

"Could they be career-threatening? We don’t know yet but until we hear something definitive, there will always be that doubt."

Jesus Christ, Bobby.

Fact: Sam Ehlinger was not at practice yesterday.

Bobby: "Could be career-threatening, we just don't know."

Narrator: No one was at practice, it's spring break.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

BJ Foster had 46 tackles, 9 TFL, 1 interception, and 2 forced fumbles as a true FR. If Foster can stay healthy I think he has a shot to win Big 12 DPOY next year. 

You really think he can beat out Stearns for DPOY?