The Epic Hunt for a Lost World War II Aircraft Carrier - They found the Wasp!

Laxtonto

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I've always preferred names like Wasp and Hornet instead of the names of presidents. 

There should always be ships of the line in the USN named Wasp, Hornet, Enterprise, Yorktown, Lexington, Saratoga and Ranger.  And I might even include Essex, Intrepid, Midway, Constellation and Bonhomme Richard in there.  Fuck naming them after Presidents. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

There should always be ships of the line in the USN named Wasp, Hornet, Enterprise, Yorktown, Lexington, Saratoga and Ranger.  And I might even include Essex, Intrepid, Midway, Constellation and Bonhomme Richard in there.  Fuck naming them after Presidents. 

Our servers at work used to be named after the carriers.   Some dipwad came along and changed them.  

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Hear hear! And might include? Midway and Intrepid are included for sure. 

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

One of the new carriers is going to be named Enterprise.  Wasp, Essex, Bonhomme Richard, and Hornet are amphibs.  Those seem to mostly get the cool names these days.

Yorktown, Ranger, Lexington, Saratoga, Midway, Constellation were all decommissioned in like the 90s or 2000s.  They'll probably be back.  America, the carrier, was decommissioned in the 90s, and is now an amphib (and class, should have been the name for what is the Ford class but oh well).  The Intrepid name hasn't been used for a while though, which is unfortunate.

Edited by MadBurgerMaker
  • Like 1