How Fox News works

retread

23 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That is fantastic.  And she is the perfect representation of an ugly American.  Just a condescending stupid bitch who has no idea what she is actually talking about.

But this is who we are now.  A country of -- AND RUN BY -- people who just say shit, and thus it must be true, without regard for facts, evidence, analysis, etc.

Denmark is just like Venezuela.

We defeated Communist Japan in WWII.

Trade Wars are good, and easy to win.

I had the biggest inauguration crowd ever.

[add 50,000 other insane statements from Trump and Fox over the past 2 years]

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But this is who we are now.  A country of -- AND RUN BY -- people who just say shit, and thus it must be true, without regard for facts, evidence, analysis, etc.

Denmark is just like Venezuela.

We defeated Communist Japan in WWII.

Trade Wars are good, and easy to win.

I had the biggest inauguration crowd ever.

[add 50,000 other insane statements from Trump and Fox over the past 2 years]

that's the thing. it's quite popular amongst the conservatives now to characterize europe negatively. and it must be true, because their audience has never been to europe.

i always laugh at no-go zones. i see it happen from time to time - "there are no go zones in london where sharia law rules the day, and the cops won't go there."

yeah, no. that's not at all true. but they aren't after the truth. that's the truly scary thing. the people spouting this crap know that they are lying. they KNOW it. they are just seeking to manipulate other idiots.

it's all very cynical.

40 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the people spouting this crap know that they are lying. they KNOW it. they are just seeking to manipulate other idiots.

it's all very cynical.

Cynical, maybe.  Proven to work?  Definitely.  After all, spewing such bullshit got them a president, and by that I mean a president who they can control with the properly placed statement/story.  That's as successful as any propaganda effort in human history.

Even their science pages are complete click bait:  http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/08/17/nasa-admits-400m-mars-opportunity-rover-could-be-lost-forever.html

"NASA admits $400M Mars Opportunity rover could be lost forever"

what?  those bastards at NASA have lost $400mm of taxpayer dollars?  Oh yeah, that is the rover that landed in 2004 and was supposed to last 90 days but is currently going on 5300 days.   Let's make NASA be the bad guys even though Opportunity may be the best cost-to-benefit ratio project ever by NASA.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Fox News just can’t believe their good fortune that Mollie Tibetts murderer is an illegal immigrant

Hallelujah.  Trump and Fox News can ignore the fake news about manafort and cohen and leverage the murder of a young woman to sell the Wall.

Without the illegal immigrant angle, they would have been forced to discuss Cohen and Manafort.

Just flipped on the five on fox and theyre talking about the Iowa girls murder.  The one guy, maybe itd Gutfield.  He looks like a Gutfield makes the most ironic statement of the week.

CNN and MSNBC arent covering this.  Maybe they think its not news.  The irony is beautiful

Dana Perino can get the work

On 8/16/2018 at 7:30 PM, burntorangebongos said:

DY0fwWOX4AAfA-P.jpg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/politics/trump-instagram-fox-news/

Some days President Trump's Instagram can seem like a Fox News fan account. 

Trump's account reposted 85 photos or videos from either Fox News, Fox Business or "Fox & Friends" from May 22 to Aug. 22. That's about 24% of the 358 posts on Trump's account in that time frame.

Many of the Fox posts that Trump's account reposts are graphics of Trump quotes -- either things he said or tweeted -- creating a social media feedback loop. Trump tweets, Fox News turns the tweet into a graphic and that graphic ends up back on a @realDonaldTrump account.

Twitter has long been Trump's social media platform of choice and the one he uses personally. That's reflected in his Instagram account, which frequently posts the text of his tweets. Earlier in his presidency, there was a visual inconsistency in the formatting of these tweet posts. Last August, for example, his account used four different formats in a single week. But today, tweet posts have a similar look, whether White House-made or from Fox News.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Fox News is reporting that Trump routinely paid off women?   I'm not surprised but I don't recall reading or seeing that news report.   

The documents said Pecker paid off "women". Avenatti has at least one unidentified client  paid off by Pecker and at least one paid by Cohen among his 3 unidentified clients. 

That does not include Bechard.

This is 2013 John Stewart and Chris Wallace talking about what Fox News is compared to other MSM outlets.
In hindsight, it’s remarkable how oblivious and tone deaf Chris Wallace was back then. Also notable how tuned in and candid John Stewart was when describing Fox News. 

My guess is that CW believed in the organization and the tag line, and tried to stay somewhat to it, but knew it was slanted, and that he didn’t pay much attention to his surroundings/watch other programs and assumed they were like him.

43 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Body of work aside, it's actually a good point from Tucker. Although I suspect Tucker is only going after Bezos because Bezos owns the Washington Post. 

Yeah, I can’t wait until he starts promoting Elizabeth Warren’s legislation to crackdown on corporate welfare queens.

• Like 1