How Fox News works

retread

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The GOP is in fact chock full of racist intolerant assholes.  Moose out front and all...

To be fair, there is also a core group of cultists too ignorant to know that  their team is chock full of racist intolerant assholes.

And, I assume some, are good people.

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

And, I assume some, are good people.

A huge amount of them are "good people".   They love their kids, they are good neighbors, they are Scouters, and drive food to the elderly, and all sorts of things that "good people" do. 

And they sit by and let the traitor in the White House do what he wants, and they vote in the sycophants in the GOP who vote against efforts to protect our election systems from compromise in the next election.   And they are too busy sending each other Facebook posts about Obama and Hillary smelling like sulfur to see entire generation of diplomatic alliances are being shredded, or that a dictator who is a KGB agent and the head of the greatest historical enemy of our country are being fellated by the POTUS on the world stage.   They ignore the parade of incompetent and dirty appointees to all level of positions, ignore the scandals, mostly because they never heard of them because they will not watch "Fake News".  

But if you tell them about the obscenity of Trump considering turning over American officials to Putin for interrogation, and the absolute proof that Russian interfered with our election process, they will say that it is a witch-hunt and lib tears, and ask you about Uranium One.  And show you the picture where Obama did not put his hand over his heart and say the pledge

giphy.gif

Which brings us to the question of what is 'good', I guess.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

A huge amount of them are "good people".   They love their kids, they are good neighbors, they are Scouters, and drive food to the elderly, and all sorts of things that "good people" do. 

And they're deathly afraid of black people. But they don't think they're racist. 

Just curious, but has Hannity discussed anything on his show other than the "Fake Russian Witch Hunt" or Clinton's servers over the past year?  Every clip I see of him he's hyperventilating over the same exact shit.

I suppose like Trump's Twitter account, the strategy is to repeat the lie enough times until it becomes others' truth.

On 7/21/2018 at 3:54 PM, Clob94 said:

3 solutions: 

3rd party that passes term limits   OR 

A national divorce (peaceful)       OR 

Go to your corner and ring the bell and let the bullets start flying. 

These are the only 3 ways we fix this division. 

Does a "national divorce" mean the south seceding again? 

3RD0.gif

• Like 1

The same poll says that 57% think Republican candidates are out of step.  And 49% want a D Congress in November to 43% wanting an R Congress.   And 45 - 52 approval to disapproval for Trump.  

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/today/z_creative/18570NBCWSJJulyPoll7-22-18Release.pdf

Granted, there was a shift in the perception of D candidates since early June, probably as more primary results came in, but at most it means the Ds don't have an advantage on "out of touch."  It's not the ringing endorsement of Rs that FoxNews is claiming. 

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I can't believe this shit still infuriates me, but it does.  Fuck any attempt at actual analysis, let's just claim that the Democrats are wrong about everything and call it a day.  

She gets lost in the shuffle, but Kayleigh has been one of the most consistently horrible cable personalities for a few years now.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The same poll says that 57% think Republican candidates are out of step.  And 49% want a D Congress in November to 43% wanting an R Congress.   And 45 - 52 approval to disapproval for Trump.  

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/i/today/z_creative/18570NBCWSJJulyPoll7-22-18Release.pdf

Granted, there was a shift in the perception of D candidates since early June, probably as more primary results came in, but at most it means the Ds don't have an advantage on "out of touch."  It's not the ringing endorsement of Rs that FoxNews is claiming. 

Reality: we think both parties are pretty out of touch with middle America, but we prefer the Democrats

Fox News: HA! PEOPLE THINK THE DEMOCRATS ARE OUT OF TOUCH. 56 is bigger than 57, right? Hey remember when Obama said 57 states.

I’ll stop flipping channels when I see Dana Perino, but it has very little to do with the profundity of her message. Both Greg Gutfield and Tucker have a keen sense of humor and provide enjoyable banter, however; I have no clue as to when either of their shows are on TV. 

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I can't believe this shit still infuriates me, but it does.  Fuck any attempt at actual analysis, let's just claim that the Democrats are wrong about everything and call it a day.  

She gets lost in the shuffle, but Kayleigh has been one of the most consistently horrible cable personalities for a few years now.  

Whenever Trumpism is officially out of power in the country (please be 2020, for the love of fuck), I want to see all of these Fox assholes suffer.  Hannity, Carlson, Kayleigh, Fox & Friends, Dobbs, etc..  Whether it's economic suffering, public shaming, or jail time, I truly hope these charlatans get what they deserve. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Whenever Trumpism is officially out of power in the country (please be 2020, for the love of fuck), I want to see all of these Fox assholes suffer.  Hannity, Carlson, Kayleigh, Fox & Friends, Dobbs, etc..  Whether it's economic suffering, public shaming, or jail time, I truly hope these charlatans get what they deserve. 

Yeah - won't happen.  When Trump falls out of power, Fox News will really hit its stride ramping up all sorts of inane conspiracy theories.  The only way I see Hannity or Tucker paying is if they're convicted of some really nefarious shit or someone infiltrates Fox News and gets some video of them admitting that their followers are all a bunch of rubes - and even then they'll be able to convince 3/4 of the olds that the Deep State manufactured the video.  Nope, I think we're stuck with Fox News until the olds die off and we can find a way to get the rural communities halfway educated.

6 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

Yeah - won't happen.  When Trump falls out of power, Fox News will really hit its stride ramping up all sorts of inane conspiracy theories.  The only way I see Hannity or Tucker paying is if they're convicted of some really nefarious shit or someone infiltrates Fox News and gets some video of them admitting that their followers are all a bunch of rubes - and even then they'll be able to convince 3/4 of the olds that the Deep State manufactured the video.  Nope, I think we're stuck with Fox News until the olds die off and we can find a way to get the rural communities halfway educated.

AYFKM? If Trump loses in 2020, especially to Warren or Harris, Fox News is going to become the richest company in the universe.  At least 90% approval among Republicans looking for someone to tell them it's The Deep State, Obama and Hillary's Shadow Government, the globalists, etc. that caused Trump to lose and you know, maybe 10 million illegals voted and Soros learned his lesson from 2016 and spread them out to Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Ohio this time instead of putting them all in California and maybe Trump didn't actually lose when only American votes are counted and we shouldn't work with the new POTUS and obstruct them 100% and the only answer is Civil War.

Edited by Js1

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think much of middle America is out of touch with politics.  

they don't give a rat's dime about this Russian/Cohen/Manafort etc. . Which is why they hate the media, topics with ZERO relevance outside the beltway and greedy lawyers.

It's not fake news, but completely irrelevant to the common American.  Hell, I'm a Democrat and I don't give a damn. 

38 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

they don't give a rat's dime about this Russian/Cohen/Manafort etc. . Which is why they hate the media, topics with ZERO relevance outside the beltway and greedy lawyers.

It's not fake news, but completely irrelevant to the common American.  Hell, I'm a Democrat and I don't give a damn. 

There are a lot of problems with what you just said here.

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

You should.

1 hour ago, Orca of Peace said:

it's not in my top 15 of political topics. 

Russia committed an act of war against the U.S. and the American president is defending them. The attacks are ongoing and the president is doing nothing to stop them. 

And you don't care?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Russia committed an act of war against the U.S. and the American president is defending them. The attacks are ongoing and the president is doing nothing to stop them. 

And you don't care?

America is basically God, so all this "war" and "attacks" is like a mosquito attacking an aircraft carrier. Doesn't mean anything really.  I don't think any pre election nonsense moved the needle to have Trump defeat HRC, and I'm a Democrat.  Sure there was meddling, and Trump is always chummy with people he's trying to seduce to get a deal, NK or Putin alike.

I wish the media would focus more on Jobs, Healthcare, property taxes, more about where the fuck our money is going - than this soap opera crap with lawyers, Stormy, blowjobs, russian hookers, the Playboy bitch etc etc etc.  Give me something of real substance for the common everyday guy. 

9 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

America is basically God, so all this "war" and "attacks" is like a mosquito attacking an aircraft carrier. Doesn't mean anything really.  I don't think any pre election nonsense moved the needle to have Trump defeat HRC, and I'm a Democrat.  Sure there was meddling, and Trump is always chummy with people he's trying to seduce to get a deal, NK or Putin alike.

I wish the media would focus more on Jobs, Healthcare, property taxes, more about where the fuck our money is going - than this soap opera crap with lawyers, Stormy, blowjobs, russian hookers, the Playboy bitch etc etc etc.  Give me something of real substance for the common everyday guy. 

He's trying to get trade deals with the EU, Canada, China....trying to redo the Iran deal. 

Wouldn't say he's being "chummy" with them. 

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

He's trying to get trade deals with the EU, Canada, China....trying to redo the Iran deal. 

Wouldn't say he's being "chummy" with them. 

those are not historical enemies. I'm getting Trump now, he sweet talks the enemy to soften them up, and Fs with the friends since he knows they will remain allies regardless. It's an amusing game he plays.

I don't think any pre election nonsense moved the needle to have Trump defeat HRC, and I'm a Democrat. 

You defend Rand Paul, you characterize a foreign authoritarian regime subverting our democratic system of government as "nonsense", claim evidence-free it didn't move the needle, think Trump attacking our allies and being chummy with dictators is an "amusing game" with a username I don't recall from Shag.

And claim you're a Democrat.

All righty.

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

You defend Rand Paul, you characterize a foreign authoritarian regime subverting our democratic system of government as "nonsense", claim evidence-free it didn't move the needle, think Trump attacking our allies and being chummy with dictators is an "amusing game" with a username I don't recall from Shag.

And claim you're a Democrat.

All righty.

the burden of proof is on those who claim the Russian meddling had a material impact on the election outcome, which it did not until proven otherwise. Can you do it?