How Fox News works

retread

28 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

i remember in the 70s when i was kiddo that "cotton pickin hands/minds " was a common phrase by other kids. 

I get what you’re saying ( “paddy wagon”).  However, we are supposed to become more enlightened as we age. 

Edited by SaucyJack

My in-laws watch Fox News all day and listen to Fox News radio in the car.  Wife brought our child over there the other day and noticed a brand new NRA camo duffel bag in the utility room.  Yep, apparently they send you the bag when you sign up to become an NRA member.  They aren't gun owners. 

My wife’s 90+ year old grandma and late 60s aunt joined the NRA because FoxNews recommended it. Neither owns a gun but both hate minorities so there’s that.

When this group of olds that are addicted to Fox News is all but gone in 15 years, are they replaced by current 50 year olds? I’m 35 - does my generation ever become the olds addicted to a right wing news channel? Is there something about this group in particular that makes them susceptible to this type of propaganda or are olds always that way?

43 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

When this group of olds that are addicted to Fox News is all but gone in 15 years, are they replaced by current 50 year olds? I’m 35 - does my generation ever become the olds addicted to a right wing news channel? Is there something about this group in particular that makes them susceptible to this type of propaganda or are olds always that way?

Baby boomers are addicted to and basically believe everything they see on tv. Hell just look at trump. That doesn’t really apply to later generations.

It's worse than that. The younger generation follows "influencers" without questions. Some of those "influencers" are on TV, others aren't. 

Kylie Jenner tweeted about not using Snapchat and their stock plummeted. It's just as bad as the olds. 

• Like 1

Hannity turned into a scared little pussy.   After his Maxine Waters comment, everybody called him out on it, and he claims he didn’t try to tie it to Maxine.  Then his people produce a bunch of clips proving his point.  

And of course, those clips fail to include the one where he called out Maxine.

Larry Kudlow tells Maria Bartiromo a bald-faced lie about the deficit this morning. Not only does she not challenge him on it, the Fox Business twitter account parrots it verbatim. 

Please, someone make an argument that Fox Business is not a propaganda arm of the WH. Anyone?

Of course it is.

Maria asked Ivanka if she was the voice whispering to her father to sign the family separation EO.  Ivanka said yes and that she has strong opinions about the topic.

No follow-up. Such fake journalism.

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Dinesh D'Souza's disingenuous Republican/Democrat history, and the fact that millions of people believe it, is one of the most infuriating things in political commentary.  

I bet far more people that are truly undecided are turned off by it than are convinced.  

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Mother fucker should be in jail.

I'd be fine with just denaturalizing him and sending him back to India.

We could go with reason #3

Membership in Subversive Groups: Your citizenship may be revoked if the U.S. government can prove that you joined a subversive organization within five years of becoming a naturalized citizen. Membership in such organizations is considered a violation of the oath of U.S. allegiance. Examples include the Nazi Party and Al Qaeda.

I could make a pretty good argument that he was a member of the Republican party within 5 years of becoming a citizen and they are currently a subversive organization.

• Like 1

FNC has been the most-watched cable news network for 66 consecutive quarters.

Fox News averaged 1.4 million total day viewers compared to 930,000 for MSNBC and only 658,000 for CNN. During the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m., Fox averaged 2.4 million total viewers compared to 1.7 million for MSNBC. CNN failed to surpass the one-million viewers plateau during primetime – averaging an audience of only 929,000 viewers.

FNC also won both categories among the key demo of adults age 25-54, averaging 286,000 a day of those viewers and 480,000 during primetime. In the process, Fox News was home to 10 of the top 15 cable news programs in total viewers and eight of the top 15 in the coveted demo.

“Hannity” finished the quarter as the most watched program in cable news, averaging 3.4 million total viewers for his best total since returning to 9 p.m. ET. MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” finished second with an average of 2.8 million while “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” “The Ingraham Angle” and “The Five” round out the Top 5.

FNC finished atop the basic cable rankings for total day viewers, with MSNBC coming in second followed by Nickelodeon, TNT HGTV and Investigation Discovery while CNN settled for No. 7. During primetime, CNN fell further down and finished tenth overall, finishing behind FNC, TNT, MSNBC, ESPN, HGTV, USA, TBS. Investigation Discovery and History.

FNC’s sister, Fox Business Network, also topped its competition by defeating CNBC among business day viewers for the seventh consecutive quarter. CNBC hit four-year lows in both total day and primetime viewership.

The people I know who really like FoxNews, watch that shit every waking hour they have the TV on.

It drives me nuts to be around them or at their house... 

It's just nonstop agitation and shit-stirring... like Cloakroom, but all from one side  that they agree with.  It truly borders on some psychopathic behavior.

35 minutes ago, slorch said:

The people I know who really like FoxNews, watch that shit every waking hour they have the TV on.

It drives me nuts to be around them or at their house... 

It's just nonstop agitation and shit-stirring... like Cloakroom, but all from one side  that they agree with.  It truly borders on some psychopathic behavior.

For many people, Fox News is their window to the outside world.  They believe what they’re being told on their most trusted news channel.  They want to stay informed, they think they’re well informed because they watch so much Fox News.  

This applies to Trump himself as well.  He’s a 72 year old white male, the quintessential Fox demographic.  He dictates his tweets and policy from what he sees on Fox News.  His campaign was targeted to the Fox News viewers.

People like to say Fox News is state run media but I think it’s more likely America is a media run state.

Unfortunately, Fox News isn’t a good source of quality information.  CNN and MSNBC aren’t fantastic either, to be fair.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2