How Fox News works

retread

No comedians allowed at the Correspondents Dinner.  Fox trying to spin that fact into anything other than then snowflakyiest thing ever is gold.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/white-house-correspondent-association-ditches-comedy-for-annual-dinner-after-michelle-wolfs-crude-18-performance

Way to ruin it for everyone, Michele!

Tucker Carlson is such a pussy.  I have seen so many clips with interviews where if he is the least bit challenged, he goes to histrionics.  He then belittles and yells louder than his guest to get his point across and never allows his counterpart to get theirs across.  He's a terrible interviewer and host.

9 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Tucker Carlson is such a pussy.  I have seen so many clips with interviews where if he is the least bit challenged, he goes to histrionics.  He then belittles and yells louder than his guest to get his point across and never allows his counterpart to get theirs across.  He's a terrible interviewer and host.

always worth a watch now and then.

11 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Have you read his book?  It's gotten rave reviews around here.

"Two thumbs up (my ass)! I love sucking dick for meth and then coming home to read another chapter of Tucker Carlson's takedown of the open borders, terrorist humping libtards. I only feel safe and secure in my knockoff tailored Chinese jerseys that I wear to eat Chinese food with the Jews and at night, snuggled up to my Trumpybear while I read Tucker's book." - Icono

30 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Are you saying he's the Colin Cowherd of politics?

• Like 1

I will give FoxNews credit in that they are finally discussing the Ivanka email scandal.

• Fox News commentators state it's not as bad as Hillary because Ivanka used a commercial email server and she's not SoS.  Agree about the SoS part.  The email server type is questionable.  In theory a private email server could more secure than commercial but it could also be the opposite.  We don't have enough info about this.
  • Same analysts stated that they are perplexed that Ivanka thought this was ok given the problems of Hillary.  Or how Ivanka is pleading ignorance of the rules.
  • Dershowitz is saying that the Ivanka scandal isn't a scandal because there wasn't any classified info in the emails.   How does he know that, other than what Ivanka's spokesperson is saying.   Didn't Hillary originally say her info wasn't classified.  not too mention that classified status can be applied retroactively.  

One question I wonder is whether Jared was using the same email server for his govt emails.  It would seem unlikely they wouldn't follow the same email practice.  And if he used his govt email only, wouldn't he have questioned or asked Ivanka why she wasn't doing the same?

14 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.  And there's fucking no way in hell she didn't know better considering her dad says something about Hillary's emails every 7 seconds.

I hear ya.  If I was in a senior position I would be asking if it was cool or advisable to even have my personal email on my work phone or laptop.  

The thing is, as far as security breaches go, Ivanka's emails are insignificant compared to Trump knowingly having an unsecured iphone that he uses while China and others listen in.  It also doesn't help that he hires unregistered foreign agents to be his National Security Adviser and other top level officials. 

• Like 3

Oh.  My.

I fully expect my in-laws to sign up immediately.  They will have another use for their iPhones after all:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/26/business/media/fox-news-nation-streaming.html

If you have ever wondered about the culinary skills of a “Fox & Friends” co-host, wonder no longer. On the new show “Cooking With Steve Doocy,” the pink-faced Fox News anchor makes chili with Dr. Oz, shares a kitchen with Kellyanne Conway and whips up stromboli with Anthony Scaramucci and his wife.

“Steve poured the wine!” Mr. Scaramucci wrote in an email. “It was an awesome time.”

Fox News viewers are fiercely loyal to their network. But will they pay to watch a “Fox & Friend” work a griddle?

That, in a gourmet nutshell, is the question for Fox Nation, the subscription-only streaming service — think Netflix for conservatives — that debuts on Tuesday and ushers the cable news business into a brave, uncertain new era.

For $5.99 a month, viewers can purchase on-demand access to live political commentary and hundreds of hours of original programming from familiar Fox News faces. Another “Fox & Friend,” Brian Kilmeade, has a history show called “What Made America Great.” Maria Bartiromo interviews Eric Trump for “The First Family.” “Borked” covers the 1987 Supreme Court non-confirmation of Robert H. Bork.

True-crime enthusiasts can opt for “The Fuhrman Diaries,” in which famous cases are examined by Mark Fuhrman, the former Los Angeles police detective who was revealed as a racist during the O. J. Simpson trial.

Fox Nation may be the id of Fox News, but it is also a potentially shrewd bet for the Murdoch family, which is testing the digital waters ahead of news rivals CNN and MSNBC.

For now, Fox News is not divulging the number of subscribers who have signed on for Fox Nation, saying only that it was pleased by the initial response. About 70 percent of sign-ups came from a mobile device, Mr. Finley said, calling it a promising sign for the product’s appeal to technologically adept consumers.

About that: The median age of a Fox News viewer is 65, hardly the target audience for a streaming app. Even Mr. Kilmeade, in an interview last week, conceded that cable TV was becoming passé with a new generation.

Diamond and Silk, the African-American sisters and Trump cheerleaders, will appear weekly as commentators. Editorial page writers for The Wall Street Journal — another Murdoch property — will appear on live segments dissecting the day’s news. Tomi Lahren, a rising star in right-wing media, will deliver two daily segments, “First Thoughts” and “Final Thoughts.” David Webb, a radio host, hosts “Reality Check.” Jesse Watters is planning a behind-the-scenes supplement for the panel discussion show “The Five,” and the archives of his man-on-the-street interviews, which originally aired on “The O’Reilly Factor,” will be available.

So this is how Fox News works.  It also shows (once again) the Trump administration is full of snowflakes who need safe spaces   

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-and-friends-fed-interview-script-to-trumps-epa-chief-emails-show?source=twitter&via=desktop

Former Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt was clearly taken aback last year when occasional Fox & Friends fill-in host Ed Henry grilled him about a number of ethical scandals facing his administration.

And Pruitt had a good reason to be surprised. In past interviews with President Trump’s favorite cable-news show, the then-EPA chief’s team chose the topics for interviews, and knew the questions in advance. 

In one instance, according to emails revealed in a Freedom of Information Act request submitted by the Sierra Club and reviewed by The Daily Beast, Pruitt’s team even approved part of the show’s script. 

Fox & Friends has long been a friendly venue for Trump and his allies, but the emails demonstrate how the show has pushed standard cable-news practices to the extreme in order to make interviews a comfortable, non-confrontational experience for favored government officials.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Hannity  will be hosting a seniors exercise show called Badass Bootcamp. He uses motvational tools like saying you look like a weak-ass liberal, a Nancy Pelosi-boy, etc. to drive you through your workout. He also leg sweeps cardboard cutouts of Shumer and Hillary.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I fucking can't believe this is real. Like legit real. This week we get the honor of watching Steve cook a stromboli with the Mooch.

Unreal

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Those can't be real.  They just can't.  

Oh, but there's lots more to choose from.  Just click this link and watch the show titles scroll past.

https://nation.foxnews.com/?cmpid=org=NAT::ag=fi::mc=referral::src=FNI::cmp=tease::add=news_release

Here's an example:

https://nation.foxnews.com/the-birth-of-jesus/

Edited by Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, retread said:

People are going to pay for content from this crew

44254456_553383521758127_386504641583624

Can't help but notice Diamond and Silk aren't in that picture.  But, yes.  They got their own show, too:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/418306-trump-supporters-diamond-silk-awarded-program-on-new-fox-news-streaming

Lynnette Hardaway and Rochelle Richardson, the two sisters known as Diamond & Silk who have become public figures through their viral videos in support of President Trump, have been awarded their own weekly program on Fox Nation.

The new show will be offered on Fox Nation, the on-demand, subscription-based service that Fox is launching Tuesday. It is being offered for $5.99 per month.

“Diamond & Silk have proven to have cultivated a significant fan base and we are thrilled to have them be a part of FOX Nation,” John Finley, senior vice president of development and production, said in the Monday afternoon announcement.