How Fox News works

retread

🤣🤣🤣

Fox News Frets Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Could Enter 2020 Race

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-frets-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-could-enter-2020-race

During a snark-filled segment about the 2020 Democratic presidential primary on Friday’s Outnumbered, Fox News host Harris Faulkner had a question for her fellow panelists: “What are y’all going to do if Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez jumps in?”

Not one person seated around the couch corrected her on one important fact: At 29 years old, the freshman Democrat from New York will not be old enough in 2020 to run for president. According to the Constitution, candidates must be 35 years old by Election Day.

From there, Juan Williams said the the right would be “delighted because she’s such a convenient foil” before shifting the conversation to Beto O’Rourke’s live-streamed dentist appointment.

As footage of O’Rourke getting his teeth cleaned and Sen. Elizabeth Warren drinking a beer played on the giant screen behind them, Faulkner added, “I know people are going to say, oh my gosh, AOC already? Hey, Beto already!”

Unlike Ocasio-Cortez, who would be just old enough to run for the presidency in 2024, O’Rourke will be 48 years old on Election Day 2020, one year older than Barack Obama was when he took office in 2008.

• Fuck You 1

Imagine if there was a LEFTist version of Fox News, what would the stories look like? 

The benefits of interracial dating! 

What an open borders policy would mean for the economy.

Syrian refugee family saves charter school kids from a burning school bus.

Why elderly Caucasians are of little value to society.

Mexican philanthropic group raises money to help support local law enforcement.

Why the urban community is significantly better at sports. 

Reallocating defense spending to education, a radical idea? 

Imagine if there was a LEFTist version of Fox News, what would the stories look like? 
  The benefits of interracial dating!    What an open borders policy would mean for the economy.   Syrian refugee family saves charter school kids from a burning school bus.   Why elderly Caucasians are of little value to society.   Mexican philanthropic group raises money to help support local law enforcement.   Why the urban community is significantly better at sports.    Reallocating defense spending to education, a radical idea?   

So basically the Surly cloak room?

So basically the Surly cloak room?

Both takes imply that Fox News has a higher intelligence level than it really does.

Leftist Fox News would be dull, unfunny takes on the normal Trump gaffes that get memed and clog twitter. And distractions. And yelling. And singular random events used to push broader dumb messages.

“Trump typed cofveve; is he fit for office???”
“Trump mishandling umbrella is a signal to white power movement”
“White Republican Male accused of rape; time to ban all white males?
“Meth crisis spreading to cities”

I would enjoy a network that ran a delayed fact check any time he speaks with a lie/ falsehood ticker that dinged and updated as he spoke.
“The Democrats could open government at any time” /DING!!!!/
“I never said Mexico would pay for wall. /DING!!!/
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

A free pass to what???

Coney Island?

I swear, these old white dudes still so good obsessed with Hillary Clinton have some kind of pathetic pathological inferiority complex about powerful women.

And not for nothing, Hannity has a hall of fame punchable face.

I will say this. I remember watching Hannity & Colmes years ago. I felt bad for how Alan was treated on that show. He attempted to be professional and present his argument and side, but would always get shouted down. It was never a coherent argument. Just yelling like a damn teenage girl from Hannity until Colmes just ceded to him.

He seemed like a good human being to me and was a man who seemed to have a conscience for his fellow humans and principles. Cancer took him way too early.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The benefits of interracial dating! 

What an open borders policy would mean for the economy.

Syrian refugee family saves charter school kids from a burning school bus.

Why elderly Caucasians are of little value to society.

Mexican philanthropic group raises money to help support local law enforcement.

Why the urban community is significantly better at sports. 

Reallocating defense spending to education, a radical idea? 

Athiest’s house burns down. Entire Christopher Hitchens collection found w/ no damage!

3 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Maybe I don't watch the news stations enough (only when im traveling) but I never got the vibe he was dumb. He's very opinionated and speaks dramatically about his opinions (e.g. Kevin Hart controversy), but he seemed smart to me. To be fair, I'm dumb tho.

Yeah any person who wonders if a missing airplane might have gotten eaten by a black hole while flying over the Indian Ocean is dumber than a box of rocks.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:55 AM, HenryJames said:

Lol. I mean the audacity of them to point out the obvious. It’s not like we have a huge teacher strike complaining about unsustainable class sizes, low pay, lack of staff to handle the huge number of students. Or that some districts are discussing closing 12 schools due to lack of funds. 

Just vile vile people. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Lol. I mean the audacity of them to point out the obvious. It’s not like we have a huge teacher strike complaining about unsustainable class sizes, low pay, lack of staff to handle the huge number of students. Or that some districts are discussing closing 12 schools due to lack of funds. 

Just vile vile people. 

They are vile because they are claiming there is a growing cost of educating illegal children when the reality is that there is a growing cost of educating all children. 

Maybe I don't watch the news stations enough (only when im traveling) but I never got the vibe he was dumb. He's very opinionated and speaks dramatically about his opinions (e.g. Kevin Hart controversy), but he seemed smart to me. To be fair, I'm dumb tho.

Last sentence is true.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Just vile vile people. 

Siri, what is a bad faith argument?

• Like 2

[On a news day in which top Democrat politicians are indicted by the FBI]  LEFTIST NEWS ALERT:  New book claims Reagan more involved in Iran Contra than previously believed!
Does PG&E’s wildfire liabilty and bankruptcy prove that capitalism is both immoral and a commercial failure?  Our panel, ACO, Bernie Sanders, and Whoopi Goldberg, say yes.  
Stay tuned after the break for our debate on tax policy.  Here to argue in favor of the Democrats’ most recent proposal are Noam Chomsky, Paul Krugman, Elizabeth Warren, and the combined faculty of Harvard’s departments of business and economics.  On the other side, Rep. Louis Gohmert will argue the Republican point of view.
Tonight’s top story:  A store owner in Bumfuck, Mississippi said something racist!  Is this yet another indication that the Republican Party has become modern day Nazis?  We will take a deep look at this escalation of The Right’s war on Kwanza.

An equivalent Far Left Fox News would have Cardi B, a Kardashian, some college dropout blogger and Anthony Wiener as their expert panel.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Look, I know Fox sucks, but all news agencies have death stories ready to go on folks like RBG.  Now, "accidentally" flashing it on screen is a whole 'nother issue.  But having the graphics/stories cued up isn't nefarious.  Especially for someone in their mid 80s

Of course not.  But again, this is a lady who just survived cancer and they "flash" it on screen "by accident."