How Fox News works

retread

Oh, but there's lots more to choose from.  Just click this link and watch the show titles scroll past.
https://nation.foxnews.com/?cmpid=org=NAT::ag=fi::mc=referral::src=FNI::cmp=tease::add=news_release
Here's an example:
https://nation.foxnews.com/the-birth-of-jesus/

Oh my god. Those aren’t satire. I couldn’t make up satirical titles that ridiculous. Seriously, people. Satire has bypassed reality.

I'm curious to see a few of the commercial sponsors on Fox Nation as I assume they will have commercials.  I imagine the base price doesn't allow you to skip commercials.  

It's a smart move of Fox to put this together.  It will even remove any restraints that the hosts would have on Fox News or their own radio broadcasts.  In those cases, you have some higher authority (cable provider, radio station) that eventually has to put their foot down on questionable behavior.    I imagine there are no rules and journalistic integrity at play.  

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm curious to see a few of the commercial sponsors on Fox Nation as I assume they will have commercials.  I imagine the base price doesn't allow you to skip commercials.  

It's a smart move of Fox to put this together.  It will even remove any restraints that the hosts would have on Fox News or their own radio broadcasts.  In those cases, you have some higher authority (cable provider, radio station) that eventually has to put their foot down on questionable behavior.    I imagine there are no rules and journalistic integrity at play.  

I'm betting there are no commercials, for advertisers would at some point have a say in what happens.

This is going to be Fox's "anything goes" outlet.  

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And that elderly man?

Same age as Trump.

Guess he thinks Trump is a pants shitting pussy fossil too?

Well, you see.

If you were to poll the average 65+ Fox viewer, they probably believe Donald is 63 tops.  I mean, his hair ain't white, and he doesn't wear glasses.  And he pulled that supermodel wife!  What a man!

If you ask them how old Mueller is, they probably think he is 55.  

7 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

So when are they going to have full blocks of NRA related shows? 

This week on the Dana Loesh Hour, Dana teaches you how to spot a LibTard. But stick around for the 2pm hour where your favorite patriot, Ted Nugent, teaches you how to dodge the draft by shitting in your pants for a couple weeks.

fify

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/fox-nation-review

Recycled content appears to be part of the Fox Nation business model. If Fox News exists to serve red meat, Fox Nation is its mechanically separated byproduct—extra bits scraped off the carcasses of more profitable franchises, puréed, and shaped into spongy content nuggets. It is unapologetically a platform of B-sides. The impetus behind Fox Nation’s launch is fairly obvious; the brand appears to be a naturally recurring retirement community trying to keep apace in a dynamic media ecosystem. The network’s average viewer is 64 years old, 21st Century Fox has sold the majority of its entertainment assets to Disney, and the next generation of viewers is cutting the cord. (“It’s scary, right?” Kilmeade told The New York Times, recalling a conversation with his son: “He’s like, ‘Dad, nobody’s watching cable anymore.’”) For $5.99 a month, the subscription platform promises to deliver extra-special content from its deep bench of talent, and to provide an exclusive entre into their world. The sign-up-screen video shows Kilmeade and Co. at a party, popping the corks off champagne bottles and playing pool. Below, a tantalizing promise: “More of the content you love from the people you trust.”

What Fox Nation actually delivers is mostly exhausting to watch, made by exhausted people: short, 7- to 20-minute Web-exclusive videos that wouldn’t make the cut on traditional cable television. Red Eye’s Tom Shillue hosts a very awkward quiz show (first guest: Jesse Watters, gamely enduring 9 minutes of forced banter); in addition to his cable program, Varney and Co., Stuart Varney has 10 minutes to fill with My Take with Stuart Varney; Greg Gutfeld, who already hosts an interview show, cobbles a shorter version together for the Web. The format will be either comfortingly familiar or maddeningly repetitive, depending on the viewer. There’s The Wise Guys, a Web-only retread of The Five, in which five people sit around a table to discuss the news of the day. Legal analyst Gregg Jarrett hosts an original documentary, Gregg Jarrett’s The Russia Hoax, based on his book of the same name. Fox News contributor Bill Bennett hosts Patriot’s Almanac, based on his book . . . Patriot’s Almanac. And so on.

The rest of the content library is mostly comprised of archival properties, including old episodes of popular shows (Watters’ World) and old Fox News documentaries, some of which aired more than a decade ago. A true-crime series called Scandalous(Chappaquidick-ian in topic matter) falls into the latter category, as do various religious programs (One Nation Under God, Losing Faith in America?), and, for self-evident reasons, an Anna Nicole Smith documentary. Some haven’t aged well. Planned Parenthood: The Hidden Harvest, which aired in 2015, champions activist David Daleiden’s controversial hidden-camera stings on abortion clinics. Shortly thereafter, Daleiden was charged with conspiracy to illegally record confidential conversations and contempt of court, and ordered to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees. Others contain Easter eggs: Freedom Rising, a 2011 documentary about the construction of the Freedom Tower, features a younger, surprisingly lucid Donald Trump offering thoughtful architectural criticism.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"Fox Nation is its mechanically separated byproduct—extra bits scraped off the carcasses of more profitable franchises, puréed, and shaped into spongy content nuggets."

Lol. It's the pink slime of news.