How Fox News works

retread

32 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Look, I know Fox sucks, but all news agencies have death stories ready to go on folks like RBG.  Now, "accidentally" flashing it on screen is a whole 'nother issue.  But having the graphics/stories cued up isn't nefarious.  Especially for someone in their mid 80s

Prepared? Sure. Cued up? I don't think so. When the time comes, it probably takes a matter of seconds to call that image up from the graphics dept. 

55 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ridiculous that they have that graphic ready to go.

I disagree, 100%. Every news organization has a death file ready to go on a ton of famous people. I 100% guarantee CNN has an RBG one, including an hour long video already done that they just update every so often.

It's stupid that they posted that image - screwup my ass - but it's not stupid that they have a death file for her.

Buzz feed might have got some specific fact incorrect...hang them, how dare they! Fake news! OMFG
Fox News falsely reports RBG is dead - honest mistake, we’ll forgive them.

Worship the Vesuvius of mendacity? All cool.
Other side make any mistake of fact, no matter how small? FAKE NEWS!
The double standard is breathtaking. The worshippers of the most prodigious liar in American history are also the people standing at the podium berating is with “the truth matters!” Fuck em. Fuck em all.

2 hours ago, relapse98 said:

I disagree, 100%. Every news organization has a death file ready to go on a ton of famous people. I 100% guarantee CNN has an RBG one, including an hour long video already done that they just update every so often.

It's stupid that they posted that image - screwup my ass - but it's not stupid that they have a death file for her.

This.  They probably have a folder with death photos for Hillary, Trump, Carter, RBG, Grassley, etc.  But there's zero reason for it to "accidentally" be cued up. 

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No one is going to work because after 10 million dollars a year, you’re going to be taxed at 70% and all my assets greater than 5.4 million get taxed by the estate tax upon you’re death.

Hannity speaking the truth. WHY ISNT AMERICA LISTENING? 

Once my pay stub hits 10 mil, I get physically sick knowing that my current 37% tax rate would be DOUBLE. DOUBLE?!

4 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

No one is going to work because after 10 million dollars a year, you’re going to be taxed at 70% and all my assets greater than 5.4 million get taxed by the estate tax upon you’re death.

Hannity speaking the truth. WHY ISNT AMERICA LISTENING? 

Once my pay stub hits 10 mil, I get physically sick knowing that my current 37% tax rate would be DOUBLE. DOUBLE?!

F'real tho, I was thinking about professional sports and how MLBPA and what not should really oppose this.  There, you have high wages that would be outrageously taxed, but it matters because peak earning time is so short. So those guys would seriously be hurt.  Someone like Yu Darvish on a 6 / 126MM contract would end up paying regular income tax on $60MM and 70% on $66MM.  And he wouldn't ever get another payday.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is an insightful observation...

It is indeed.

Fox's role is singular: to legitimize whatever the regime says/does, and to de-legitimize anything the opposition does.  It has no allegiance to an ideology or position -- just unwavering support.

3 minutes ago, retread said:

I'm sure that our intelligence agencies are planning to fight future Russian hacking, but in public discourse, we act like it never happened. Weird.

It’s a double edged sword really.   

If the MSM and Fox blew the lid off the Russia stuff it could destabilize our democracy more because people would freak out and see Russians everywhere, with some wanting blood.

If they minimize the Russian effort and pretend it never happened, it makes us more vulnerable to Russia’s subversive activities because no one can recognize it when they see it.

With one party’s head buried in the sand, it’s hard for the media to inform the public this stuff is really serious but only serious enough to defend ourselves from future interference. 

Another problem is our intelligence agencies are not adequately equipped to defend our democracy from the shadows, the 2016 election proved it.  

Right now we have the Kremlin, the President, a political party, and the #1 cable news channel all aligned denying the significance of Russian influence.

How can you combat that? 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Wtf is that poll showing?  I assume data column 1 is approve and 2 is disprove.  And not Now and 2017.  

That’s got to be it.  Well done.  I had no idea what was going on. 

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

7265f468ed62a37f39eed383737be28a.jpg

I, like every other 17 year old, thought CD was awesome.  Then I remember exploring his catalogue a little deeper once I was a freshman in the prime of Napster.  “Oh wow.  This guy is super racist.”

Given that, it’s *very* surprising to see him as an outspoken person for R causes now. 

13 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Frankly I’m surprised he still is alive. Are we really sure about that?

I either watched him or a good robot version at the Opry about 18 months ago.

Cool starry bro: Watched Charlie Daniels there then we travelled to Branson to visit with my aunt and uncle that have a house on Table Rock and went to one of the shows in town. They had a guy who was supposed to be amazing on the fiddle do Devil Went Down to Georgia. Let me tell you - after having seen Charlie Daniels do that 2 nights before, then watching this guy... I was embarrassed for the kid.

Debil actually won the fiddle contest, imho.

Well, it looked like I was gonna be stuck here as far as I could tell
I thought I might as well suck up, you know what the hell
I said you, "You know that song that Charlie Daniels did
About how you went down to Georgia and played fiddle against that kid"
He said, "Yeah it broke my heart but you know what are you gonna do
I said, "To tell you the truth
I thought your solo was the better of the two"

Some get spiritual, 'cause they see the light
And some, 'cause they feel the heat

-RWH
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

I either watched him or a good robot version at the Opry about 18 months ago.

Cool starry bro: Watched Charlie Daniels there then we travelled to Branson to visit with my aunt and uncle that have a house on Table Rock and went to one of the shows in town. They had a guy who was supposed to be amazing on the fiddle do Devil Went Down to Georgia. Let me tell you - after having seen Charlie Daniels do that 2 nights before, then watching this guy... I was embarrassed for the kid.

I'm a little bit embarrassed for you. :)

• Like 2