2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

If George wasn't 210% healthy tonight, no fucking way he should have planned. Shame on him and shame on the organization for letting him play. That's just fucking stupid,  we're up 8 games in may. Stupid. 

6 minutes ago, UTHornFan014 said:

Has Alvarez learned to play 1st base yet? We really need to get rid of White now that Springer will (likely) be out an extended period.

he's been mostly a DH in AAA it seems. I don't think he's coming up for another month or so (for Tyler White) 

if you call up alvarez, he needs to be here. think back to bregman going 0-forever. alvarez and tucker will get that same kind of shot, imo 

53 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

If George wasn't 210% healthy tonight, no fucking way he should have planned. Shame on him and shame on the organization for letting him play. That's just fucking stupid,  we're up 8 games in may. Stupid. 

First of all, it’s his hamstring, not his back. No reason to think there’s a connection.

The bigger issue is you think this organization, which is cautious with injuries in the regular season arguably to a fault, rushed him back? Stupid indeed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

First of all, it’s his hamstring, not his back. No reason to think there’s a connection.

The bigger issue is you think this organization, which is cautious with injuries in the regular season arguably to a fault, rushed him back? Stupid indeed.

You believe you. If only the back and hamstrings were related in the open chain within the body

If Alvarez can hit north of .275 and blast 30 or 40 homers every year, I don't give a fuck if he doesn't have a defensive position.  Having a really good hitter at dh is not against the rules.  Some might even say it's ideal.  I liked the plan to use DH to give guys extra rest to keep them fresh and healthy, but the early returns on that working aren't exactly promising.

Edited by kevwun

8 hours ago, WBT said:

Left hamstring.  I didn't see anything to make me think it's related to his previous back problem.  He looked fine to me until that awkward slide attempt to avoid the collision with Diaz.

If you've ever had back(disc) issues, the way he dropped to his ass on the slide, there was a jolt of energy when he hit the ground that made me cringe for his back.

Maybe it is just the hammy.  I deeply hope that's all it is, and even then he could be out a while...

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I just don't understand why he wasn't on the IL to begin with. Just sit the 10 days and get completely healthy.

This team isn't great because they let the game come to them.

First pitch hitting is only one indication of their aggression towards baseball.