2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

10 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Y Air Yordan not in lineup?

Because the club has an irrational fascination with not allowing the actual good players to play every day, presumably to help limit injuries. Ironically, I can't recall more injuries and time lost on the IL than the team has experienced this year. We kind of act like we've already won the West and home-field. 

I assume y’all have discussed this...why is Guduan still employed?

http://www.astroscounty.com/2019/08/the-reason-reymin-guduan-was-suspended.html?m=1

Dean Deetz is a little bit of a character, and talks a lot of smack. He was giving Reymin Guduan The Bidness about not being able to throw a strike. Guduan responded by throwing a shoe at Deetz and  missed (badly, apparently), to which Deetz responded "See?" That is legitimately funny. What happened next is not. Guduan picked up a bat, swung it, and hit Deetz in the head. Guduan apparently didn't get a great swing on it, but "it definitely dazed" Deetz.

Guduan was removed from the clubhouse, but came back later, this time with a knife. "He didn't do anything with it, but he stood at his locker and glared at Deetz." No one called the police, but the Astros did suspend Guduan. That, by any standard of the law, is assault. You'll notice on Round Rock's website that Dean Deetz did not pitch between July 26 and August 5, which was a span of eight games in nine days.

Edited by Planet Houston

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I assume y’all have discussed this...why is Guduan still employed?

http://www.astroscounty.com/2019/08/the-reason-reymin-guduan-was-suspended.html?m=1

Dean Deetz is a little bit of a character, and talks a lot of smack. He was giving Reymin Guduan The Bidness about not being able to throw a strike. Guduan responded by throwing a shoe at Deetz and  missed (badly, apparently), to which Deetz responded "See?" That is legitimately funny. What happened next is not. Guduan picked up a bat, swung it, and hit Deetz in the head. Guduan apparently didn't get a great swing on it, but "it definitely dazed" Deetz.

Guduan was removed from the clubhouse, but came back later, this time with a knife. "He didn't do anything with it, but he stood at his locker and glared at Deetz." No one called the police, but the Astros did suspend Guduan. That, by any standard of the law, is assault. You'll notice on Round Rock's website that Dean Deetz did not pitch between July 26 and August 5, which was a span of eight games in nine days.

Holy shit

@elfenix

@Tommy Nobis

@UTexasFight

new order is ready on wed, so i should be able to ship on wed or thurs (last time it wasn't ready til 4:15 on wed so it was tricky).

if you want in on the new order, you 100% have to pm me.  that's how i keep everything straight.

this goes for everyone, and especially if we do a 3rd order.  you can't just pop in on page 436 in the middle of a game and be like, "yeah, put me down for 2."

let's be professional you fucking assholes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

@elfenix

@Tommy Nobis

@UTexasFight

new order is ready on wed, so i should be able to ship on wed or thurs (last time it wasn't ready til 4:15 on wed so it was tricky).

if you want in on the new order, you 100% have to pm me.  that's how i keep everything straight.

this goes for everyone, and especially if we do a 3rd order.  you can't just pop in on page 436 in the middle of a game and be like, "yeah, put me down for 2."

let's be professional you fucking assholes.

This ain’t Nam !!!!!!