2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, TonyTexas said:

He’s either going back down or to bench when Diaz gets activated on Tuesday. Regardless, I’m pretty sure he’ll be a September callup.

No doubt. He handled 3rd base well and he's proven he can hit at every other level. Being loaded with youngsters who are stuck behind major leaguers sucks for them, but a good problem to have for the front office.

Nice series sweep. 

Finally got a chance to see the awesome hats in person. Those hats belong in team stores.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Great running in to #teamshep and a crew that appreciates the awesomeness of the trucker hat mafia

I remember hg or someone posting that my 4 yo would pick up chicks when I posted a pic of the hat and his rainbow jersey the other day ...we did the buddies parade before the game, and I totally saw a girl in the stands about twice his age looking at him, smiling and whispering something to her mom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

I remember hg or someone posting that my 4 yo would pick up chicks when I posted a pic of the hat and his rainbow jersey the other day ...we did the buddies parade before the game, and I totally saw a girl in the stands about twice his age looking at him, smiling and whispering something to her mom.

yeah no fucking duh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

It's adorable how ESPN keeps talking about the Yankees/Dodgers game as a possible World Series preview.

It is their wet dream of a series 😂

Hasn't happened since 1981 when they were but a fledgling network without much fanfare. They were so close in 2017 till the Astros went and fucked it all up.

33 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

30 to go

Tied with NY and one back of LA. It’s going to be close but I want the home field advantage.

I think home field is especially important this season. Could be the difference between 3 games with Yordan in the lineup or 4 in the WS.

Edited by Seasick Sailor

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

If they don't put Yordan in the lineup in the NL games of the WS then Hinch needs to be fired immediately.

If we don't have HFA against the Dodgers then make sure both Greinke's starts are in LA

The problem is that it's very hard to play Yordan and Uncle Mike at the same time if there's no DH because neither of them can play right field.

• Like 1

The problem is that it's very hard to play Yordan and Uncle Mike at the same time if there's no DH because neither of them can play right field.

If you have to do it, dodger stadium is an ideal place since the dimensions are the same all around.

Brantley isn’t as athletic as he once was but I trust him enough to make the plays he should in RF if needed.

53 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Well, Yordan cannot be out of the lineup.  And we definitely can't trust him at 1B with all those chances for an error, so I don't see any option but RF.  And the way we shift against lefty hitters, he'll have plenty of help from Altuve and Springer.  

Even if we pass the Dodgers for home field, if we go to LA for games 3, 4, and 5 and Yordan is relegated to a pinch hitting role, people should be fired.

• Like 1

It seems inevitable that the Astros win 100+ games this year. .500 ball in last 30 gets us there. Current pace is  104.3 which would be the club record. Do you take over or under 104? I'm taking the over as we have an easy ROS schedule and will be in a dogfight for home field advantages, minimizimg rampant rest days. 

On a side note, i doubt there has ever been a team with three 100+ win seasons and three 100+ loss seasons with a 9 year time frame. Amazing to think about.

24 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It seems inevitable that the Astros win 100+ games this year. .500 ball in last 30 gets us there. Current pace is  104.3 which would be the club record. Do you take over or under 104? I'm taking the over as we have an easy ROS schedule and will be in a dogfight for home field advantages, minimizimg rampant rest days. 

On a side note, i doubt there has ever been a team with three 100+ win seasons and three 100+ loss seasons with a 9 year time frame. Amazing to think about.

Also amazing to me:

Cubs’ last three 100-win seasons were in 2016, 1935, and 1910.

Red Sox in  2018, 1946, and 1915.

The fact that we have a shot at three in a row is crazy.

(Having a hard time finding the Rangers’ last three, or even last one, but will keep looking...)