Article: Jordan Whittington was the breakout player of spring

Hornius Emeritus

11 minutes ago, Ben Ficus said:

I am so happy for this dude.  He spent the better part of 24 months undergoing surgeries and rehabbing.  His post game interview on LHN was great.  He couldn't stop smiling.

Can't find a full clip but some of it is here.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know you are talking about fast, agile guys in general since TH can hardly be blamed for JWhitt’s injury situation in past years, but have we had anyone with his abilities the last few years?  Not Moore, not Jake… 
Duvernay looked straight line fast but not a guy who could break ankles.

Its really going to be exciting to get these guys the ball on the move and Card seems like a guy who can put it on their hands. 

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

She better if she wants to keep him. Not that he isn’t a loyal guy but I’m sure the poon that will be thrown at him will be strong to quite strong. 

Seems like an old soul type of dude from his interviews.  But as the volume and quality increase...   Who knows.   

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I know you are talking about fast, agile guys in general since TH can hardly be blamed for JWhitt’s injury situation in past years, but have we had anyone with his abilities the last few years?  Not Moore, not Jake… 

Its really going to be exciting to get these guys the ball on the move and Card seems like a guy who can put it on their hands. 

Quan Cosby comes to mind, maybe Ramonce Taylor.  

Ramonce played  RB at times , lined up out wide, played slot and returned kicks.  He was as close to Metcalf as we have had in a long time. 

41 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Quan Cosby comes to mind, maybe Ramonce Taylor.  

Ramonce played  RB at times , lined up out wide, played slot and returned kicks.  He was as close to Metcalf as we have had in a long time. 

Metcalf...like DK Metcalf? The 6'4 230 pound dude who runs a 4.3 and did nothing special in college? That's who you want to compare with Ramonce Taylor? 

More like Aaron Donald if you ask me.. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Metcalf...like DK Metcalf? The 6'4 230 pound dude who runs a 4.3 and did nothing special in college? That's who you want to compare with Ramonce Taylor? 

More like Aaron Donald if you ask me.. 

Put this poster on the list with “The Whistler”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

If we would have gotten the ball to Duvernay in space, he probably would have looked more agile. DJ Monroe and Daje Johnson would have been good. Smith, if he hadn't been hurt may have been good. I still think our best lineup is going to be Bijan at RB, Keilan Robinson at slot, Whitt and Worthy outside.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

If we would have gotten the ball to Duvernay in space, he probably would have looked more agile. DJ Monroe and Daje Johnson would have been good. Smith, if he hadn't been hurt may have been good. I still think our best lineup is going to be Bijan at RB, Keilan Robinson at slot, Whitt and Worthy outside.

I agree with this. I know Moore has been solid but I think ultimately, that lineup above will be the one 

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

I don’t think Keilan got a single rep at slot last game, and rumors were he transferred from Bama in part because he wanted to play RB, not WR. So that indicates he’s either not willing to do it, or he’s not good at it. There’s no chance our best lineup right now is Keilan at slot full time. If anything, I think you have a 2 back set and motion Bijan to slot WR often, so he can get the ball in space while still having a running threat in the backfield. Bijan is the best WR on our team.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t think Keilan got a single rep at slot last game, and rumors were he transferred from Bama in part because he wanted to play RB, not WR. So that indicates he’s either not willing to do it, or he’s not good at it. There’s no chance our best lineup right now is Keilan at slot full time. If anything, I think you have a 2 back set and motion Bijan to slot WR often, so he can get the ball in space while still having a running threat in the backfield. Bijan is the best WR on our team.  

That would work also. Getting as many game changers on the field as possible seems like a Sark goal. It seems obvious, but it really isn't - a lot of coaches want a reliable outlet receiver or a big receiver the QB can throw to who can fight for the ball when no one is open. Sark feels like he can scheme guys open then leave it to those guys to make plays in space.

As for Bijan being the best receiver on the team - probably, which sucks in a way. He is also probably the best QB and lineman.

1 hour ago, TxTower said:

Hush. The Adults are talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I raced a Metcalf (can't remember if it was DK or Eric) and Tony Jones in a Biology of Birds "Bird Watching" class. I didn't win but neither did Metcalf. They are lucky they played football, otherwise I would have given them flat tires and smoked their asses.

• Haha 2