Israel

SmokeyBear1861

28 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is probably pretty small of me, but I was curious about the only person who negged my post above with the terrorist pictures. Henderson Horn? Seemed vaguely familiar with no negative connotations. So, I hit the person's profile and see it's some person who posted once years ago and now just negs people. 

image.png.00cf94cbc55628716c0d756b4f241b87.png

Now for the petty part. I'm going to his five year old post to neg that sorry ass. I think I'm doing mainly because this wad seems like a coward. Anyone wanting to join me is welcome. Or neg me for being a punk. 

I'm conflicted.

23 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

My guess is Rex getting revenge after his little tantrum yesterday.

It's that guy who got banned and came back as 4doorsmorewhores.....the Incredulity twin. I can't remember his original handle, but he had a chick doing squats as his avatar......this is 100% his modus operandi 

It's that guy who got banned and came back as 4doorsmorewhores.....the Incredulity twin. I can't remember his original handle, but he had a chick doing squats as his avatar......this is 100% his modus operandi 

Not sure, but you are thinking of Immortal13. He was a major asshole. Then he had some unbelievable personal tragedy if I recall. But he didn’t change. Then he was banned.
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The "beheaded babies" story doesn't seem to be accurate per the latest from the IDF (posted it in the other thread). That obviously doesn't mean Hamas hasn't killed babies and it may have been started as an honest mistake rather than an attempt to exaggerate Hamas' atrocities. This kind of shit happens all the time and sometimes it's propaganda and sometimes it's not. But I think it's important to note when stories like that turn out to be inaccurate. 

• Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is probably pretty small of me, but I was curious about the only person who negged my post above with the terrorist pictures. Henderson Horn? Seemed vaguely familiar with no negative connotations. So, I hit the person's profile and see it's some person who posted once years ago and now just negs people. 

image.png.00cf94cbc55628716c0d756b4f241b87.png

Now for the petty part. I'm going to his five year old post to neg that sorry ass. I think I'm doing mainly because this wad seems like a coward. Anyone wanting to join me is welcome. Or neg me for being a punk. 

I'm conflicted.

Yeah, been doing it to me too.  This is a sad person with nothing better in their life than to think internet rep points mean something.  

• Haha 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

TThis kind of shit happens all the time and sometimes it's propaganda and sometimes it's not. 

[wildcat]huh, look at who is cheering on genocide[/wildcat] 

14 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

And look who is cheering on disinformation operations. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Stop thinking about what's in it for Hamas.  

Hamas are the pawns, not the player.  The players are Russia, Iran, KSA...and likely China. 

The goal is to destabilize the West.

Wouldn't shock me to see an escalation that involved China invading Taiwan and/or N. Korea going after S. Korea.

The thinner they can spread the US military, the better.  Not to mention the drain on America's financial resources.

I think this is way bigger than Hamas vs Israel.

Russia likely sees some benefit from the distraction and destabilization and is always in a position to try and twist tragedies and conflicts to help them.  They do not have the capability to organize, direct, or even really play a key role in encouraging this to happen and are now just looking to see how to play catchup in their favor.

The PRC doesn’t really have a key interest in destabilization here and this is not along the lines of their usual MO. They do not like conflict and war they can’t control and this is one where they aren’t in the driver’s seat.  That’s reflected in their recent statements to up the condemnation of Hamas. 

We need to be careful when drawing dotted lines. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

[wildcat]huh, look at who is cheering on genocide[/wildcat] 

And look who is cheering on disinformation operations. 

Good job missing the entire gotdamn point of this satirical post, which is that once you’re arguing whether the babies were murdered and decapitated or just plain murdered, you’ve managed to contrarian yourself into a fucked-up head space.  

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

All good posts.  And yes, "there's no bigger strategic thought here, it was just a tantrum by violent and angry fuckers" is a viable hypothesis as well.  My suggestion is only that we don't jump right to that, and dismiss the idea of a purposeful strategy.

And then yeah, layer it on there -- maybe the question isn't "what is Hamas's strategy in doing this?"  Maybe it's "what is Iran and Russia's strategy in manipulating and empowering Hamas to do this?"  Look at the chess board from every angle, including trying to identify the hands moving the pieces.

But yeah....history has turned on plenty of utterly irrational, emotional/petulant pivot points.  That may be the case here.

I don't think angry fuckers theory holds much water. Yes that's their method, but they need money and they need support when the region is more destabilized, and frankly they probably need permission. Now they may not get support or money, but they want it and they can't have it acting unilaterally.

I fully believe that Russia/Iran and a lose but viable connection to China is in play. Hamas is part of this much like Wagner is a part of Russia but Hamas is the weakest party there and connected only really to Iran. I think Hamas leadership wants power and money, or maybe money and power but the only place at the table for them, whether they like it or not is as the terrorist organization that does Iran's bidding versus Israel.

All three make logical bedfellows, even though China is a bit more outside the circle of the other two. All three hate a neighbor or want its territory, Russia and Iran supply China with natural resources, China buys natural resources, so trade is a significant tie. Two are being destroyed by the blunt force trauma of US-led sanctions, enforced by the weaponized American economic system (most banks run through a US / European sponsored system). All three want (for different reasons) the American domination of warfare and the global economy to end. Iran may hate Israel for religious reasons, China Taiwan for economic and pride reasons and Russia eastern Europe for pride, resources and glory but they all are willing to take it by force if given the chance. There are simply too many shared values, shared goals and parallel goals for this to all be unilateral action that isn't interconnected.  Yeah, maybe China isn't gun-ho on it but they will tolerate it if they get cheaper oil outside the dollar system and support for their world view re Taiwan.  Same shit with their view on Ukraine - yeah they want the war over but they aren't doing anything about it - they take a not my problem approach. In the end if China were to get what China wants, it will have to tolerate the radical extremism of both Russia and Iran (Hamas) even if its just to have a viable stream of oil outside the US dollar system.

So I don't really support the lone gunman theory. I get China may be a little on the outs but I don't think their relationship with either Iran or Russia will be negatively impacted here.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Good job missing the entire gotdamn point of this satirical post, which is that once you’re arguing whether the babies were murdered and decapitated or just plain murdered, you’ve managed to contrarian yourself into a fucked-up head space.  

I am sure that you think that a tweet characterizing what is playing out here by couching this in condescending terms terms as a glorious resistance and "tHiS iS WhAt dEcOloNiZaTiOn lOoKs lIKe" followed up by disinformation is compelling and insightful, but it is pretty much what most people paying attention would expect from state department talking points.  

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Never a bad time for Ana to try to score internet points, I guess.

No mirrors in your world, huh. I do appreciate the neg though, must have triggered some self-awareness. 

Edited by Anastasis

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Yes that's their method, but they need money and they need support when the region is more destabilized, and frankly they probably need permission. Now they may not get support or money, but they want it and they can't have it acting unilaterally.

They get quite of bit of financial support. From Individuals and organizations. Organizations provide it for relief in Gaza, but it goes to the leadership to allocate. So Hamas. It is not like there are tankers docking with food aid daily. 

And their leadership, mostly in the Gull States, do not stay at the JW. They have their own villas, etc. 

And the support there. It is discussed, from country to country, in the mosques and media daily. 

Permission? That is the odd thing. But for a region cut off from the world they seem to be able to obtain/purchase paragliders and assault rafts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I am sure that you think that a tweet characterizing what is playing out here by couching this in condescending terms terms as a glorious resistance and "tHiS iS WhAt dEcOloNiZaTiOn lOoKs lIKe" followed up by disinformation is compelling and insightful, but it is pretty much what most people paying attention would expect from state department talking points.  

No mirrors in your world, huh. I do appreciate the neg though, must have triggered some self-awareness. 

You are doing the thing the Tweet (which is not news nor does it pretend to be) calls people out for. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

They get quite of bit of financial support. From Individuals and organizations. Organizations provide it for relief in Gaza, but it goes to the leadership to allocate. So Hamas. It is not like there are tankers docking with food aid daily. 

And their leadership, mostly in the Gull States, do not stay at the JW. They have their own villas, etc. 

And the support there. It is discussed, from country to country, in the mosques and media daily. 

Permission? That is the odd thing. But for a region cut off from the world they seem to be able to obtain/purchase paragliders and assault rafts. 

are you contending that support is not needed from Iran either money, permission and/or other forms of support?  Because I'm saying it is needed (brisket was saying maybe not) and that Hamas does not act unilaterally to this degree without running the traps and getting the head nod they want, or conversely doing what the stronger partner in their partnership with Iran tells them to do (possibly willingly and with excitement). 

Basically, there's no way imo Hamas is a unilateral actor here.

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

You are doing the thing the Tweet (which is not news nor does it pretend to be) calls people out for. 

LOL. You realize that people that are not just as sunk and committed to acting like Ned Jr. can read these posts, right?

2 minutes ago, troph said:

are you contending that support is not needed from Iran either money, permission and/or other forms of support?  Because I'm saying it is needed (brisket was saying maybe not) and that Hamas does not act unilaterally to this degree without running the traps and getting the head nod they want, or conversely doing what the stronger partner in their partnership with Iran tells them to do (possibly willingly and with excitement). 

Basically, there's no way imo Hamas is a unilateral actor here.

Nope, saying they get lots of support, financial and morale, just not a lot of hardware or manpower. 

I think they were given external support for training and equipment for sure. Who? Don't know. 

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

LOL. You realize that people that are not just as sunk and committed to acting like Ned Jr. can read these posts, right?

The two big “counter-disinformation narratives” flying around today are:

1. The woman whose unmoving, nearly naked, unnaturally twisted body was sat on and paraded by Hamas fighters may not be dead but rather only grievously wounded! 

2. The dead babies and children found murdered at a farm might not have had their heads cut off. Still not confirmed. 

image.gif.c26e03bc659aa7c6c592fd220d36ba61.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

The two big “counter-disinformation narratives” flying around today are:

1. The woman whose unmoving, nearly naked, unnaturally twisted body was sat on and paraded by Hamas fighters may not be dead but rather only grievously wounded! 

2. The dead babies and children found murdered at a farm might not have had their heads cut off. Still not confirmed. 

image.gif.c26e03bc659aa7c6c592fd220d36ba61.gif

Those are outrageous things that never should happen. I am also outraged that there's no media coverage when Israel does it to civilians whose territory it is occupying.

Just now, chainsaw said:

Those are outrageous things that never should happen. I am also outraged that there's no media coverage when Israel does it to civilians whose territory it is occupying.

Speaking of disinformation, is there confirmation that the IDF shoots up dance parties in Gaza and carries off women as hostages? How about shooting entire families in their beds at point blank range? 

• Hook 'Em 4

Speaking of disinformation, is there confirmation that the IDF shoots up dance parties in Gaza and carries off women as hostages? How about shooting entire families in their beds at point blank range? 

Man, the IDF is bombing whole apartment blocks. They’re absolutely killing babies too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2020-03-06/ty-article-magazine/.highlight/42-knees-in-one-day-israeli-snipers-open-up-about-shooting-gaza-protesters/0000017f-f2da-d497-a1ff-f2dab2520000

it's really not hard to find

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Everyone should be more responsible of the media we consume and share with others. A good tip is to stay off twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, the IDF is bombing whole apartment blocks. They’re absolutely killing babies too. 

Maybe they're like us when we blast non-combatants.

But we didn't mean to kill them. They're just collateral damage!

The decision to use high explosives is a decision that will kill women and children and the innocent. Still, it may be a reasonable combat decision. Just own it. And don't be surprised if non-combatants in your lands are targeted. 

Filthy business no matter how you cut it. You don't want to stick your hands in it unless it's the only way.

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Those videos are out there. They don't enter his information stream. Just like the videos of non-violent protests at the Gaza prison walls, where the IDF opened fire on unarmed protestors doing what all the "where is their Gandhi" people want, do not get the same play. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

I'm sure there is collateral damade/civilan deaths, but as you know the IDF typically gives a warnings to evacuate.

This attack was targeting civilians, and I would understand if Israel takes the gloves off.
As for Hamas threatening to kill hostages, bibi fucked up by not ending his speech the other night by not saying something along the lines of "for every hostage killed we will level an entire city block without warning"

Brutal yes but this was a different kind of attack from Hamas, it moved the needle if you will

6 minutes ago, Smax said:

I'm sure there is collateral damade/civilan deaths, but as you know the IDF typically gives a warnings to evacuate.

This attack was targeting civilians, and I would understand if Israel takes the gloves off.
As for Hamas threatening to kill hostages, bibi fucked up by not ending his speech the other night by not saying something along the lines of "for every hostage killed we will level an entire city block without warning"

Brutal yes but this was a different kind of attack from Hamas, it moved the needle if you will

I’m with you up until the leveling of city blocks with no warning.  That’s a crime and atrocity. 

The IDF bombs apartment buildings where there are stashes of rockets and where Hamas fighters shelter behind civilians. They have told Gaza residents where to leave and shelter to avoid air strikes, and Hamas discourages them to do it. Sometimes actively prevents them from doing it. 

I am the biggest supporter of Ukraine on this board, and even I will say that yes: children and civilians have died during Ukrainian strikes on Donbas and Crimea, both before and after 2022. It’s an awful thing.

Its also very different under law and any kind of rational morality than entering a home and shooting people while they sleep. 

• Hook 'Em 2

How would people defending these bombings feel about the Mexican cartel du jour sending mass text messages to a random cul de sac somewhere in Texas, giving the residents of that cul de sac 30 minutes to gather their belongings and flee before an imminent, indiscriminate shelling of all the homes there? Would the defenders of these bombings change their opinions if the cartel had reason to believe that one of their rivals was hiding ammo in one of those houses and that the same rival they are targeting had been responsible for a violent attack that injured civilians including children and pregnant women? Is it okay to destroy these people's homes as long as you extend the professional courtesy of mere minutes notice?

I don't think it would be tolerated here, so why should Palestinian civilians tolerate it?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

How would people defending these bombings feel about the Mexican cartel du jour sending mass text messages to a random cul de sac somewhere in Texas, giving the residents of that cul de sac 30 minutes to gather their belongings and flee before an imminent, indiscriminate shelling of all the homes there? Would the defenders of these bombings change their opinions if the cartel had reason to believe that one of their rivals was hiding ammo in one of those houses and that the same rival they are targeting had been responsible for a violent attack that injured civilians including children and pregnant women? Is it okay to destroy these people's homes as long as you extend the professional courtesy of mere minutes notice?

I don't think it would be tolerated here, so why should Palestinian civilians tolerate it?

Agree. And then you expect these people to live in peace with you? That is not how that works. 

21 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Well, you conveniently omit the beginning part where kids, women and families were raped, murdered and kidnapped, not as collateral to achieve an objective, but WERE the objective. so...no. 

Israel created this situation, and Gaza is an abomination, but at some point it's just a matter of survival. They want to kill me. My only solution is to kill them first. That's where they are.

The Carthaginian Solution isn't new.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Welshy said:

Well, you conveniently omit the beginning part where kids, women and families were raped, murdered and kidnapped, not as collateral to achieve an objective, but WERE the objective. so...no. 

Israel created this situation, and Gaza is an abomination, but at some point it's just a matter of survival. They want to kill me. My only solution is to kill them first. That's where they are.

The Carthaginian Solution isn't new.

I didn't omit anything. There's no justification for what Hamas has done, and by the same token, what Hamas has done is no justification for denying food, water, and medicine to a captive population of nearly 3 million.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

I didn't omit anything. There's no justification for what Hamas has done, and by the same token, what Hamas has done is no justification for denying food, water, and medicine to a captive population of nearly 3 million.

o·mit
/ōˈmit/
verb

1. leave out or exclude (someone or something), either intentionally or forgetfully.
    "a significant detail was omitted from your story"

49 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This is a pretty chaotic analogy. If there was a gang in Texas stockpiling military weapons in their homes for the purpose of conducting violent raids and kidnapping Mexican citizens as part of a drug turf war, I’d want them arrested and jailed, not elected county commissioners. I’m not sure where this one is even going. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is a pretty chaotic analogy. If there was a gang in Texas stockpiling military weapons in their homes for the purpose of conducting violent raids and kidnapping Mexican citizens as part of a drug turf war, I’d want them arrested and jailed, not elected county commissioners. I’m not sure where this one is even going. 

We're very possibly like 5 years away from the Texas GOP doing this shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If I didn't know I'd ask if you have ever been to Texas

Noted disinformation peddlers The Times of London:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bitterness-and-fury-at-the-kibbutz-where-babies-had-their-throats-cut-z7nz56rn9

All day, military chaplains and search teams tenderly wrapped tiny bodies, carrying them to waiting stretchers that bore them away from the nightmare of Kfar Aza.

The horrors that Israelis endured at the hands of Hamas in this kibbutz, a mile from the suburbs of Gaza City, defy belief. As they surged through Israeli defences, the Palestinian militants attacked Kfar Aza from four directions, starting with the “youngsters’ quarter” on the western side, closest to Gaza.

Little remained today of the homes in the kibbutz: only shards of coffee cups and blackened bedframes. And bodies.

Every few minutes soldiers broke the silence to announce that more dead people had been discovered. Some said that up to 40 babies’ corpses had been found among entire families who were shot dead as they slept. The children in particular appeared to have suffered gruesome deaths: there were claims that some had had their throats cut.

“I’ve served as a combat soldier and officer for 39 years,” Major General Itai Veruv said as he stood with red-rimmed eyes at the entrance to the kibbutz. “I’ve never seen anything that comes close to this. It’s not even something that our parents knew. This is something out of the world of our grandfathers back in Europe, from the pogroms and the Holocaust.”

As more bodies emerged, it seemed likely that Kfar Aza would turn out to be the scene of the biggest massacre of this war, the greatest loss of civilian life in a terrorist attack in Israeli history. It was part of Hamas’s assault on more than 15 communities, kibbutzim and towns on Saturday morning. An estimated 1,000 Israelis were killed and scores more, including women, elderly people and young children, were kidnapped.

In Kfar Aza officers were cautious not to give numbers of the dead on record, but privately they expect the worst. Yesterday more than 100 bodies were found in Kibbutz Be’eri, to the south. “This one is probably worse,” one officer said. “We are afraid we’ll find hundreds of bodies.”

• Rage+1 3

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Not much of an analogy really. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of justifying the bombing people's homes on the basis that the people were given 30 minutes' notice to flee. I changed some of the unimportant facts to make it hit a bit closer to home. Otherwise, it's exactly what Israel does to civilians in Palestine.

• Hook 'Em 1