Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

There are peas.  I forgot about them until the end but they made it in.  I forgot the heavy cream but it still turned out delicious.  Cream of mushroom is the secret 

You realize cream of mushroom soup contains fungus, right? Mushrooms. I use cream of chicken. I don’t do the mushroom. Looks great.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

You realize cream of mushroom soup contains fungus, right? Mushrooms. I use cream of chicken. I don’t do the mushroom. Looks great.

Ok so you refuse to eat mushrooms because of their classification as fungi?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Tell me more 

Pretty basic French recipe. Brown some chicken in butter and oil. Take out of the pot and throw in a shitload of garlic cloves. Sauté until golden brown, then add white wine and cognac, deglaze and put chicken back in, bring to a boil, add thyme and cover and simmer for about 30-45 minutes. Take some of the liquid from the pot and whisk in some flour, then throw back into the pot to thicken.

Google Alton Brown or Ina Garten. They both have good recipes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Pretty basic French recipe. Brown some chicken in butter and oil. Take out of the pot and throw in a shitload of garlic cloves. Sauté until golden brown, then add white wine and cognac, deglaze and put chicken back in, bring to a boil, add thyme and cover and simmer for about 30-45 minutes. Take some of the liquid from the pot and whisk in some flour, then throw back into the pot to thicken.

Google Alton Brown or Ina Garten. They both have good recipes.

Last, you make a roux.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After the fajitas last night and a whole flank left over I realized I was missing the beans that I had at every backyard party or fundraiser or Mexican food joint. So I made them. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bdbb9f9d0e3db789c96b750965682b4d.jpeg

This dude rules. He’s like a Mexican Super Mario and he will walk you through how to NAIL all food 956. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 2

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Ugly? That's beautiful.

Where does one get wild boar these days?

Eataly is across town from me, and their instacart service is really great (we can usually place an order and have it delivered within an hour). All kinds of (overpriced) stuff I can’t find in normal stores, and I’m too lazy to walk to the local Italian specialty shops. 

5 hours ago, BearCountry11 said:

Having to clear out some freezer space and got started with some glazed ribs. Used Pinkerton’s rib glaze for the sauce and smoked on the PK360. Ribs didn’t necessarily fall off the bone but they tasted great!
3061ec395508d2b69e20a472d6423c9a.jpg
699e323bbda17c183e85657fc3f731fa.jpg
aaee0a3e7473721abf5575a4697a2dbd.jpg

There's not much better in life than a properly smoked pork spare rib, and those look incredible, my good man.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, South Austin said:

Tell us about the whole fish.  That looks awesome.

It's a steamed fish with ginger and scallions.  Then you pour hot oil over it.  It's a fairly common Cantonese dish and you can use pretty much any mild white fish to cook.  Lots of good tutorials on YouTube.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1