Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

On 9/7/2023 at 9:57 AM, morehornsepower said:

Left over pulled pork, diced jalapeños, scrambled eggs, topped with chipotle tabasco. Breakfast of champions. 

IMG_5346.jpeg

Steel Shank thread is that way for this awesome submission-------------------->

Just nix the fancy place for a paper one.

• Hook 'Em 3

These where two things cooked recently- Whipped Feta with lemon zest and pistachio, with roasted  vegetables and warm pita bread.  Iw as our Appetizer before the Alabama game.  Second is something I sort of did by accident.  I bought some nice looking barramundi skin on filets at Costco, think maybe I will cook them on the grill and the skin wouold help hold them together, Then searched Barramundi with skin on, and crispy skin fish popped up.   SO I thought WTF I'll try it, something new!  Well damned if it didn't turn out great!  Basically it's like blackening, dry the fish out, smoking pan, and give the fish a little press down to make sure all the skin is in contact with the pan. Blistered the asparagus in a hot pan with a little butter,, and made lemon butter tarragon sauce with some capers using the fish pan drippings.  I put the sauce on the side to keep the skin crispy. It was fucking delicious. And Barramundi is sustainable and affordable.  

whipped feta platter.jpeg

Crispy fish.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

I usually make a feta olive lemon salad. Is that whipped feta simply that or is there anything else on it to whip it? Looks great.

Had a girlfriend in high school that was Greek. Her mom would put out a killer mezze spread when I was over there. Homemade dolmathes, hummus, feta and olive salad, and these little red potatoes roasted with lemon, oregano, and parsley. She also made killer lamb back when no one but Greeks and high society ate it. Homemade baklava too.

I was a mere short diversion before she started serious husband looking in the Memphis Greek community. She didn’t want to be an old maid at 19.

2 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

My wife used to love that meal at a restaurant that no longer has it on the menu. Do you have a recipe by chance?

Followed this pretty much to the T. Except I roasted the squash myself.... didn't use pureê. I thought it was great. Going to use the filing I didn't use under a steak or pork chop or something tonight. 

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a3963/butternut-squash-ravioli-recipe/

Edited by pops
  • Like 1