impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

18 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Fucking clowns

If I was speaker I would say sure, we can have that vote.  And if it fails, we will have an immediate censure vote for whoever the sponsor(s) of this resolution is as well as the minority leader for wasting our time.  And if you do it again, we will hold you in contempt of Congress and put your ass in jail.  Agreed??

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Trump is either a fucking strategic imbecile without peer (highly likely) or he wants to be impeached, removed or resign from office and pardoned by Pence rather than risk taking his chances with a Democrat successor.

and yet he keeps implicating his own VP, making that less and less likely

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Trump is either a fucking strategic imbecile without peer (highly likely) or he wants to be impeached, removed or resign from office and pardoned by Pence rather than risk taking his chances with a Democrat successor.

I don't think this really matters since he has state charges waiting for him. 

Like I said YUUUUGE imbecile most likely.  

I guess the other thought here might be to unleash the stupocalypse forcing the Dems to impeach so that his base can be convinced their continued support is to aid their champion in the great MAGA war against librul tyranny.   As opposed to the reality that they are supporting a flaccid turd circling the toilet bowl with increasing velocity on its way down.

11 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I don't think this really matters since he has state charges waiting for him. 

No offense but this not a great talking point because the federal charges Trump is looking at are really bad, like worse than anything the state could nail him on.  He absolutely wants immunity from federal prosecution. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Goredho said:

about Pence:  Dems have requested his Ukraine documents for impeachment inquiry.

11 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Doesn’t post in trump thread for ages, then drops in with a “but Obama!!!#%%&$!”

Par for the course for you and your ilk.  Fucking. Pussies. 

So the answer is o my question is: "Yes Obama did worse and NO that doesn't matter.". It's like arguing with AI

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 17

I know we've seen a million false dawns of the downfall of this presidency before, but y'all still holding to the doom n' gloom "He's our president forever and our country is fucked forever" line are starting to remind me of the pussies who were declaring that all was lost against Oklahoma State WHEN WE HAD THE LEAD IN THE SECOND QUARTER two weeks ago. 

Past is not always prologue.

All bad things, as well as good things, do come to an end.

Trump is not a supervillain. At some point a few of the Rs in the Senate are going to realize that he is a millstone around their necks no matter what they do so they will settle their personal score with him on their way out the door. They will realize that breaking with Trump is the least of several bad options they have in store. 

So chill and enjoy our front row seats at the awesomest, most richly-deserved mass comeuppance in the history of this wonderful country. The rats are jumping off the ship already. As aggy loves to say, the worm has turned. The hogs are in the tunnel. 

That homie's dead. He just doesn't know it yet.

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I know we've seen a million false dawns of the downfall of this presidency before, but y'all still holding to the doom n' gloom "He's our president forever and our country is fucked forever" line are starting to remind me of the pussies who were declaring that all was lost against Oklahoma State WHEN WE HAD THE LEAD IN THE SECOND QUARTER two weeks ago. 

Trump is not a supervillain. At some point a few of the Rs in the Senate are going to realize that he is a millstone around their necks no matter what they do so they will settle their personal score with him on their way out the door. They will realize that breaking with Trump is the least of several bad options they have in store. 

So chill and enjoy our front row seats at the awesomest, most richly-deserved mass comeuppance in the history of this wonderful country. The rats are jumping off the ship already. As aggy loves to say, the worm has turned. The hogs are in the tunnel. 

Maybe I will start to come around when I see: (a) a single example of any Republican politician at the national level (shit, at any level, anywhere, really) doing the right thing and putting country over party; and/or (b) any meaningful consequences - not theoretical  ones or “sure thing this time” ones - for Trump for his criminal and treasonous actions.  Until then, I believe that skepticism is more than warranted.  I’ve heard the “dam is finally breaking” line before.  A bunch.  And there is no evidence to support the proposition that we can expect a legitimate election to be had. I will happily eat crow and celebrate if I am wrong. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Are there 30-50? I've got some kids to warn. Kids can take up to 29 feral hogs, but anything 30+ would overwhelm them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWBuck said:

He/they won't respond. He's already said that he won't until the House takes a full vote (essentially not recognizing the inquiry).

Nearly identical conduct as Nixon Admin.  The House impeachment inquiry of Nixon started long before any actual House vote.  It's meaningless.  

This is how guilty people act.  

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

That's the hope, and if America existed in a silo, I think you would be correct. But we live in a world that has enemies. Enemies that seem to have a considerable amount of influence over the most powerful man in the world. Who also may have a party on the hook with dirty money. This isn't over. I'm hopeful but the real crazy is just starting. 

45 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

That's the hope, and if America existed in a silo, I think you would be correct. But we live in a world that has enemies. Enemies that seem to have a considerable amount of influence over the most powerful man in the world. Who also may have a party on the hook with dirty money. This isn't over. I'm hopeful but the real crazy is just starting. 

Nah he's fucked. It might be a bumpy ride but he'll be out of there by the time pitchers and catchers report in 2020. Calling my shot right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Maybe I will start to come around when I see: (a) a single example of any Republican politician at the national level (shit, at any level, anywhere, really) doing the right thing and putting country over party; and/or (b) any meaningful consequences - not theoretical  ones or “sure thing this time” ones - for Trump for his criminal and treasonous actions.  Until then, I believe that skepticism is more than warranted.  I’ve heard the “dam is finally breaking” line before.  A bunch.  And there is no evidence to support the proposition that we can expect a legitimate election to be had. I will happily eat crow and celebrate if I am wrong. 

This is unlike the atmosphere around the Mueller report.  I don't know how to describe why it's different, other than, in my mind, compared to his attitude during the Mueller Report, this all feels like Trump is concerned about what could come out, and Trump also seems concerned that the Senate doesn't fully have his back.  He acted like he was much more in control during the Mueller Report , but with this, he's acting like it's completely out of his control.

I'm not going to go back and look at the tweets/retweets/etc. around the Mueller Report, but I believe there was an article showing that he has tweeted/retweeted more in the past month than in any other month of his presidency.  

Tonight for instance, he's had around 20 tweets/retweets in the past 5 hours, and he's been keeping his input pretty high this past week.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is unlike the atmosphere around the Mueller report.  I don't know how to describe why it's different, other than, in my mind, compared to his attitude during the Mueller Report, this all feels like Trump is concerned about what could come out, and Trump also seems concerned that the Senate doesn't fully have his back.  He acted like he was much more in control during the Mueller Report , but with this, he's acting like it's completely out of his control.

I'm not going to go back and look at the tweets/retweets/etc. around the Mueller Report, but I believe there was an article showing that he has tweeted/retweeted more in the past month than in any other month of his presidency.  

Tonight for instance, he's had around 20 tweets/retweets in the past 5 hours, and he's been keeping his input pretty high this past week.

Trump learned his lesson when the WH partially cooperated with Mueller's coup attempt.  He provided access to WH officials and in return Mueller gave a non-indicting indictment.   This time one hopes Trump will attack the attacker.

• Fuck You 9

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It does feel very different.  I think the launching point is so much worse here is a part of it.  With Mueller we started with Trump asking “hey, could you lay off Flynn” and Ds went with that. It didn’t matter how bad it got after that, beginning so tepid soiled the whole thing.  It also has a different group leading it.  The 12 CRAZY CONFLICTED DEMOCRATS or whatever was a republican quiet man and his helpers.  This is a bunch of motivated Ds with microphones. 

Agree that this feels different and polling proves it. No chance the senate removes him but I’m beginning to think the stink of this will get much worse and hurt him just enough to lose the election. 

It will all be past and forgotten in a year. You know that. This is peaking too early.

The biggest differences between Mueller and House:

Mueller maintained strict silence beginning to end and didn’t report on Trump financials (Trump’s ‘red line’ not to cross).  The indictments were big though but targeted others.

The Dem-flipped House is engaged in publicly visible warfare that provokes daily Trump conniptions,  and it immediately subpoenaed Trump bank and tax records shortly after taking the gavel and hiring its legal staff.

It’s a whole new landscape these days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

It does feel very different.  I think the launching point is so much worse here is a part of it.  With Mueller we started with Trump asking “hey, could you lay off Flynn” and Ds went with that. It didn’t matter how bad it got after that, beginning so tepid soiled the whole thing.  It also has a different group leading it.  The 12 CRAZY CONFLICTED DEMOCRATS or whatever was a republican quiet man and his helpers.  This is a bunch of motivated Ds with microphones. 

With the Mueller Report, he had a long time in which to build up a marketing strategy and try out things - he knew it was not going to ramp up from 0 to 60mph overnight.  Also, Mueller couldn't fight back publicly, and at the time the investigation started, the Republicans had control of both chambers.  While Trump wasn't happy, up until November of 2018, Trump could feel confident that the GOP would take care of the report.

This Ukraine thing went from 0 to 60 almost overnight, and Trump has been flailing around ever since, trying to come up with some kind of branding (Sciffty Schiff is the current shitty strategy).  He can't stop Schiff from giving interviews, and he can't stop Schiff from releasing testimony and evidence.

With Mueller, it played out very slowly, and Trump was able to be proactive during much of the investigation.

With Ukraine, Trump is almost 100% reactive on everything that is happening - half the time, he seems to be learning about evidence at the same time as us.

Trump cannot have all of the evidence made public, and he cannot let it get to the point where the Senate votes.

There's a risk that this is peaking too early, impeachment and all, but there's a good chance it's not.  The formal Launch that happened about 10 days ago was necessary to set the edge.  It's now on solid footing, and despite a torrid week and a half, it's already rapidly mapped out multiple paths moving forward to bridge the rest of this month and easily into November at this pace.  Pence, Pompeo, Barr.  November is possible return for Trump taxes and financials.  November is also Stone trial.  

There's a second whistleblower story brewing at the IRS.  Keep in mind there was a couple month lag phase between early initial reports related to Trump/Ukraine and full blown whistleblower.  Same could happen with this IRS meddling.  

And don't think for a second there aren't more people with bombshells lining up to be dropped into 2020.  

Last, the threat sealed indictments being unsealed seems low right now with Barr likely choking everything out - for the time being.

Trump has no Huckabee Sanders.  Rudy hugged a bug zapper.  There's no more buffers.  Just inchoate rantings of a madman.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The Trump Admin: the only outfit in the world that can make John Bolton look like the good guy.

Is it sardonic that I laughed?

or is that just pretty got damn funny. Because it is hilarious. That fucker wanted to bomb Iran in the worst way and somebody got in his ear and said maybe that wasn't a good idea.

So Bolton has to leave now. Buh bye. 

Abandon logic and consistency. One must now embrace the absurd. 

This is pretty predictable.  The house will vote to impeach Trump, McConnell and the Republican criminals in the Senate won't convict, and once again it'll all come down to the relative stupidity of the American people as to whether or not they elect a known criminal and traitor for the second term. 

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It will all be past and forgotten in a year. You know that. This is peaking too early.

Trump is already starting to flood the airwaves w/ ads.  The Dems can't/won't counter w/ their own ads.  Between twitter, FB and TV ads, Trump will steamroll the Dems....again.  

Honestly, Dems have been completely castrated.  Worthless. 

One party is intent on destroying our representative democracy, the other will sit back, pick its ass and let it happen.  Dems have NO idea how to battle Trump.  

I won't completely join Brisket's ledge until after the election next year.  But after Trump wins again, I'll be firmly in place and will just enjoy watching shit burn to the ground. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

This is pretty predictable.  The house will vote to impeach Trump, McConnell and the Republican criminals in the Senate won't convict, and once again it'll all come down to the relative stupidity of the American people as to whether or not they elect a known criminal and traitor for the second term. 

If there's enough damning evidence they'll force him to resign or remove him. Most GOP Senators have been quiet through this. They're doing political calculations right now to see at what point sticking by Trump is more costly than the fallout of dumping him. We're quickly reaching that point. They don't care about Trump and they definitely don't care about his base. They care about power and Trump is risking losing it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

If there's enough damning evidence they'll force him to resign or remove him. Most GOP Senators have been quiet through this. They're doing political calculations right now to see at what point sticking by Trump is more costly than the fallout of dumping him. We're quickly reaching that point. They don't care about Trump and they definitely don't care about his base. They care about power and Trump is risking losing it.

I want to believe, but i completely disagree.  There is, literally, nothing Trump can do to turn the Rep senators.  Nada. Zilch. 

They'll stay quiet, cowardly vote to acquit and ride their loyalty to Il Douche to get reelected.  I'd love to eat crow on that prediction but I won't have to, unfortunately. 

• Like 1