impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

24 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

If there's enough damning evidence they'll force him to resign or remove him. Most GOP Senators have been quiet through this. They're doing political calculations right now to see at what point sticking by Trump is more costly than the fallout of dumping him. We're quickly reaching that point. They don't care about Trump and they definitely don't care about his base. They care about power and Trump is risking losing it.

there is no reason for them to turn on Trump if he is going to win a fixed “election,” which he will.  they know this.  that’s why they haven’t turned on him, and never will.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

there is no reason for them to turn on Trump if he is going to win a fixed “election,” which he will.  they know this.  that’s why they haven’t turned on him, and never will.  

I don't know. People are pissed. And as incompetent as people are, this steady drip of corruption has to move the needle.  Watch public opinion polls.

I agree if he gets reelected American democracy is done. 

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's almost midnight in D.C. and somebody is awake.

I don't think he has any big appearances today (Saturday), so maybe his people let him have his phone at beddybye time. Factbased attributed the late night tweets as likely Trump so I don't think he is sleeping too well.

If you haven't reached out to your Senators, now is a good time. It only takes a moment to let Mr. Cornyn and Mr. Cruz know your vote/opinion. One of you politicos would know if they log the calls, but keeping up a little pressure may at least get their heart rates up....if they actually possess a heart, that is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't think he has any big appearances today (Saturday), so maybe his people let him have his phone at beddybye time. Factbased attributed the late night tweets as likely Trump so I don't think he is sleeping too well.

If you haven't reached out to your Senators, now is a good time. It only takes a moment to let Mr. Cornyn and Mr. Cruz know your vote/opinion. One of you politicos would know if they log the calls, but keeping up a little pressure may at least get their heart rates up....if they actually possess a heart, that is.

They definitely log calls. And the only way Trump is held accountable is if Republican senators realize the political fallout of standing by Trump is greater than abandoning him. That's all they care about. Winning. Let them know they're losing. Call,. organize, donate. Fuck these guys. Save the Constitution.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You’re gonna miss that shot. He gets re-elected.
I’ll bet you an Austin-style breakfast taco from Torchys.

Might be the first thing we have ever agreed on.  I keep wondering how anyone can be so stupid not to see that this is all political and that the last thing the Democrats want to do is go through with an actual impeachment process and that the "whistleblower", Schiff, and some leftover Brennan loyalists in the intelligence community set this up back in August and then I read this forum.   You'll kick that football someday Charlie Brown.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 12

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Trump cost the GOP the House last year. Over two dozen Republicans bailed on Congress before November of last year.  15 House and 4 Senate Republicans have bailed on running next year.  That’s not really happened in our lifetimes.  

The election won’t be “fixed” as long as the Dems aren’t dumbasses and running Hillary Clinton again.   

8 hours ago, triplehorn said:

There's a risk that this is peaking too early, impeachment and all, but there's a good chance it's not.  The formal Launch that happened about 10 days ago was necessary to set the edge.  It's now on solid footing, and despite a torrid week and a half, it's already rapidly mapped out multiple paths moving forward to bridge the rest of this month and easily into November at this pace.  Pence, Pompeo, Barr.  November is possible return for Trump taxes and financials.  November is also Stone trial.  

There's a second whistleblower story brewing at the IRS.  Keep in mind there was a couple month lag phase between early initial reports related to Trump/Ukraine and full blown whistleblower.  Same could happen with this IRS meddling.  

And don't think for a second there aren't more people with bombshells lining up to be dropped into 2020.  

Last, the threat sealed indictments being unsealed seems low right now with Barr likely choking everything out - for the time being.

Trump has no Huckabee Sanders.  Rudy hugged a bug zapper.  There's no more buffers.  Just inchoate rantings of a madman.

I think the real risk is impeachment fails, Trump is successful in getting his base to buy this is a “coup attempt”, and with a motivated base turning out at > 95% + foreign influence - too many other potential voters becoming disillusioned and staying home, he’s able to win re-election AND flip the house back to the R’s.

At stake in the impeachment fight is a huge rebuke in 2020 election results for the loser.  That they will be in ashes and have to completely reform and realign to become future viable.

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I want to believe, but i completely disagree.  There is, literally, nothing Trump can do to turn the Rep senators.  Nada. Zilch. 

They'll stay quiet, cowardly vote to acquit and ride their loyalty to Il Douche to get reelected.  I'd love to eat crow on that prediction but I won't have to, unfortunately. 

Most Republicans in Congress plan on being around in Congress long after Trump has left office.  They care only about their personal power, and as long as Trump helps them in that quest, they support him.  

But Trump lost them the House last year, and he’s helping turn Texas and some other states blue a lot faster than expected, and he put Florida, Georgia, and NC into play, as well as Arizona.  Once Texas flips the GOP is toast.  

You and Trump are really overthinking this - they are not loyal to him, they are loyal to the power they’ve accumulated.   They’ve watched Trump piss away the House.   They’ve watched him piss away Wisconsin and Arizona.  

The moment their calculations show Trump is hurting their chances in the Senate and giving the WH to the Dems, he’s toast if impeachment hits the Senate.    They will take him down, circle the wagons around Pence ( if he stays out of this) and hunker down and try to hold onto the Senate, and then work on 2022 and the House.   

Rs in Congress are playing a longer game than Trump is.   

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Might be the first thing we have ever agreed on.  I keep wondering how anyone can be so stupid not to see that this is all political and that the last thing the Democrats want to do is go through with an actual impeachment process and that the "whistleblower", Schiff, and some leftover Brennan loyalists in the intelligence community set this up back in August and then I read this forum.   You'll kick that football someday Charlie Brown.

Well, all of you saying this may be correct. I guess we'll know in about a year.

There is one wrinkle that I hope comes to fruition with people like me that have turned from the GOP for what it has become.

Football is a boy's game and I know the rules. But I'm a girl and in the past, seldom welcomed so I'm playing by a different set of rules. When I run up, I am kicking the ever-loving shit out of Lucy. I'll take the red card, the ejection and miss a couple of games if that's what it takes to get the racist, lying, misogynistic traitor out of the WH.

Girl's soccer rules!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Another one? Timing is two hours before kickoff. Northwestern vs Nebraska. But if it's another one, I'll take it.

You have to go down in his thread to read the rest of it...

If they did, they would see that Trump has obstructed justice, CLEARLY violated The Emoluments Clause, and is likely violating other parts as well. Is the constitution still important to these folks or should we tear it up and crown King Donald to the throne?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Another one? Timing is two hours before kickoff. Northwestern vs Nebraska. But if it's another one, I'll take it.

You have to go down in his thread to read the rest of it...

One of the few republicans with a conscious and a spine

Edited by Mapache

Donnie shoulda been like...

920x920.jpg

Hey, uhhh... Is this the President of the Ukraine?  This is Don... er, Rick Perry.  Yeah, I was calling on behalf of President Trump.  Not at his direction, mind you, but... Oh, he’s great.  A fantastic President.  Best and most powerful President America has ever had.  Anyway, I was hoping you could like, you know, investigate all of President’s Trump’s political adversaries?  Mmhmm.  Mmmhm.  Well how about just Joe Biden?  I can make sure you get that aid you’re supposed to get...

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Perry maybe a dumbfuck aggy, but I don’t see him taking the fall for some Yankee from New York City.  He’s never went down quietly in the night.

Why not, they do it for Alabama and the rest of the SEC.    Living vicariously through the dude cucking you is the most cherished of aggy traditions. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Trump's defense during impeachment hearings will either be:

1) "C'mon, you can't take me seriously"

or

2) "lol jk"

Just go ahead and punch them in the mouth. It may have its own set of consequences, but at least one knows they got the message even if one didn't 'get the joke.'

On 10/5/2019 at 4:34 AM, Jack Straw said:

why did they not fix the congressional elections knowing what was at stake?

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A lot harder to fix 435 races than just a couple of places in 3 states? 

Don’t have to fix 435, just fix enough to keep Rs in power.  

But realistically, you can only fix, or target through social media ads,  so many votes.  2018 was too much, and 2020 is shaping up to be the same.  

Seriously, what kind of America do they want? What kind of America do you want? A land revered as the home of the free and the brave or a land where anyone is imprisoned for disagreeing? What level of disagreement is requisite for imprisonment? Dark beer v. Light beer? Caring that others have healthcare? Roe v. Wade? Release of tax returns? What? That's not an America I want to live in, nor my daughter.

• Like 1

So the GOP is slowly but surely setting the table for a massive wipeout in 2020.  The Trump Presidency simply believes it is above both branches of government and has put corrupt Barr into the Juestice Department to protect Trump and is fellow corrupt minions.

What will happen over time is smart people are tiring of this shit show.  College Educated women know that there have been congressional hearings for years upon years.  Why is only when the most corrupt things are found to be going on, the need for congressional oversight is eliminated by Republican endorsed actions? People as a whole are fucking stupid, but the numbers are beginning to move in the right direction.  

Just think if Obama had in his second term simply refused allow anyone to testify before congress and told more lies than the truth every day?  We all know what the answer to that would be from our now fully corrupt GOP breathern.  Eventually GOP representatives are going to have to interact with their constituents.  Did you see how painful it was for Joanie Ernst the other day?  Tossing away all her morals and principles for all her constituents to see?!?!

So the new rule will be that Congress can only investigate things that the Executive branch deems worthy of investigaiton?  And that all actions in the executive branch are priviledged? I know that Republicans these days by necessity have to forget everything factual they ever knew prior to Trump, but a lot of folks are deciding they are no longer Republican.  They don't like saying they elected a fucking moron, but the evidence keeps mounting. 

Think of impeachment the same way Kevin McCarthy did the partisan shit show that was Benghazi.  It hurt Hillary Clinton, which was the entire objective of the 7 different comittee hearings on the same subject.  There is an older couple that we hang out with, and they are ruby red Republicans and even they are tiring of the never ending Trump shit show.  They are like a lot of voters (on both sides) that are basically legacy voters.  But even they are talking about Trump's clear use of his office to help his 2020 campaign.  They don't say that per say!!!! They allude amorphously, but something has changed their opinion, enough to utter displeasure.

I don't see how a strategy of we are simply not going to let anyone in the executive branch ever testify before any committee not chaired by a Republican is going to work well over time. (I know that questioning the bounds of GOP self delusion is a tough premise to support) But any educated person knows It is quite clearly obstruction by definition.  If I were a Dem I would ask over and over, why the President is unwilling to let anyone testify about a "Perfect call?"  I would bring this up again and again and again.  I would go on Fox news and bring it up over and over.  Just simple questions.  Why does a "perfect call" need to be hidden in a super secret server?  I think these are simple questions that the American people deserve answers about.  Why is the President unwilling to allow anyone to testify about these "perfect calls?"  Why is the President so afraid of this "perfect call?"  The only answer I can come up with is the President knows the call wasn't perfect at all.

• Like 5

On 10/5/2019 at 6:27 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I want to believe, but i completely disagree.  There is, literally, nothing Trump can do to turn the Rep senators.  Nada. Zilch. 

They'll stay quiet, cowardly vote to acquit and ride their loyalty to Il Douche to get reelected.  I'd love to eat crow on that prediction but I won't have to, unfortunately. 

Yep. No way the Senate removes him.  They are practically handpicked by him at this point.  It would be as if John Gotti had a jury made up of only his capos.  The evidence against Trump doesn't matter at all.

I'm actually surprised he hasn't gone ahead and started deleting and shredding evidence.  Or used the mafia method of shutting people's mouths.  Fox News will provide cover and Senate Reps will keep bending the knee.  Trump's 40% will never know the truth anyway because Fox doesn't allow them to know it.  

There is going to be zero justice until state courts gear up after Trump is already out of office.

• Like 2