impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

48 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't believe that Rick Perry is a true Trump believer. He will say whatever is necessary to keep himself out of trouble. And I doubt he believes there is another election in his future so pissing off Trump supporters has little impact.

This.  He's kept an incredibly low profile.  So far, the bell hath not tolled for him.  Ring, ring Ricky!

I think he's not willing to die on this hill.  But who knows. Would be great if it was Rick who brought it all down.

19 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

This.  He's kept an incredibly low profile.  So far, the bell hath not tolled for him.  Ring, ring Ricky!

I think he's not willing to die on this hill.  But who knows. Would be great if it was Rick who brought it all down.

can you imagine all the aggy heads that will explode?

• Like 1

Trump and Moscow Mitch aren't the only ones with Russian blood money on their hands.  That's the top.  The shit flows downhill.  

In fact, I suspect that the reason so many Rs aren't seeking reelection.  It's not because they've got a conscience, it's because they want to tap out and disappear into the crowd.

We need to put a giant green $ right in the middle of the American flag because that's all any leadership and most citizenry believe in. One nation... Under GREED. 

This country is no better than a banana republic. I don't want to hear any more patriotic pro America propaganda bullshit again from anyone, especially these redneck fuck republicans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't believe that Rick Perry is a true Trump believer. He will say whatever is necessary to keep himself out of trouble. And I doubt he believes there is another election in his future so pissing off Trump supporters has little impact.

He may well not be a Trump true-believer, but I can guarantee you he's a corrupt self-dealing piece of shit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rick Perry, the former Democrat who was Al Gore’s Texas campaign chief during his Presidential run in ‘88, say or do whatever is necessary to survive?   You are on to something.  

Not sure which thread is for Guilliani's associates, so I will put this here.

Two words that don't go together much in the last three years: Republican hero. 

Former FEC chairman traps the crooks

However long the Trump chronicles last, there might never be a more satisfying occasion of just deserts than those served up this week by Trevor Potter. On Thursday, Potter’s work led directly to the arrest of two associates of Rudy Giuliani at Dulles Airport, propelling the Ukraine scandal into a new chapter. The indictment from the U.S. Attorney’s Office was made possible by a complaint by filed by the Campaign Legal Center, the watchdog group founded and led by Potter.

Potter is a former Chairman of the Federal Election Commission, during a time when Republicans not only believed in such agencies, but ran them well. He has since established himself as one of conservative Washington’s most talented lawyers and public communicators—including a brief stint on television as Stephen Colbert’s SuperPAC advisor....

Edited by Tuco

On 10/10/2019 at 10:05 AM, jimmyjazz said:

For what it's worth, the stooge duo of "Todd and Don" were ranting on KLBJ-AM this morning about the lack of due process being afforded to the President in these testimonies.

I'm surprised those idiots can tie their shoes.

those dudes are straight up morons.  couple good ones I’ve caught from them while scrolling through the stations: 

”there’s no way these polls are legit because they didn’t ask everyone in America” 

“global warming is a liberal hoax because Obama just bought a place on Martha’s Vineyard.  that’s at sea level. would he do that if global warming was real?”

This Ukrainian money to McCarthy reminded me of this. They are 100% aware of the flow of foreign money into elections. It's systemic, and some dems are probably guilty too, though nowhere near the scale  of republicans. McCarthy was just trying to keep up and hadn't earned the honor of getting Russian money yet. I hope the full scale of the treason of the GOP is exposed for all to see. It infuriates me beyond belief. I

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html

KIEV, Ukraine — A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

Before the conversation, McCarthy and Ryan had emerged from separate talks at the Capitol with Ukrainian Prime Minister Vladi­mir Groysman, who had described a Kremlin tactic of financing populist politicians to undercut Eastern European democratic institutions.

News had just broken the day before in The Washington Post that Russian government hackers had penetrated the computer network of the Democratic National Committee, prompting McCarthy to shift the conversation from Russian meddling in Europe to events closer to home.

Some of the lawmakers laughed at McCarthy’s comment. Then McCarthy quickly added: “Swear to God.”

Ryan instructed his Republican lieutenants to keep the conversation private, saying: “No leaks. . . . This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

The remarks remained secret for nearly a year.

Sondland is going to testify that the aid was withheld for Ukrainian investigations into 2016 and Biden, and further that the President directed him to use the “no quid pro quo” language. I’m too lazy to pull links but the news stories reporting on his anticipated testimony are devastating. 

Anyone know if Mazars plans on complying with the congressional subpoenas or are they going to wait to see if Trump files with the Supreme Court?

Sondland is going to testify that the aid was withheld for Ukrainian investigations into 2016 and Biden, and further that the President directed him to use the “no quid pro quo” language. I’m too lazy to pull links but the news stories reporting on his anticipated testimony are devastating. 
Anyone know if Mazars plans on complying with the congressional subpoenas or are they going to wait to see if Trump files with the Supreme Court?

This needs to be bumped up to today, not Thursday.

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If only there were Republicans on those committees. Oh wait. 

Yes but why are there more Democrats on these committees than Republicans? Answer me that!

In addition, did you know these committees are run by Democrats?! That’s a scam. 

Seems like fairness and due process would dictate that the Majority and Minority leader get to go through a process where the committee is comprised of 12 members who are chosen out of the full house. Each gets to cancel out so many. Like a jury! Why are you trying to deny the president his rights?

Did anyone even tell him he has a right to remain silent?

I whole system is rigged. No other president has ever had to deal with level of harassment. 

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

Yes but why are there more Democrats on these committees than Republicans? Answer me that!

In addition, did you know these committees are run by Democrats?! That’s a scam. 

Seems like fairness and due process would dictate that the Majority and Minority leader get to go through a process where the committee is comprised of 12 members who are chosen out of the full house. Each gets to cancel out so many. Like a jury! Why are you trying to deny the president his rights?

Did anyone even tell him he has a right to remain silent?

I whole system is rigged. No other president has ever had to deal with level of harassment. 

Captain Kangaroo!  Captain Kangaroo!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Unless there is some newer news, he will testify that he does not know if Trump was holding up the military aid for a public announcement on investigating Hunter Biden.   He will testify that Trump dictated the text message response about the quid pro quo.  You know, the text message that Republicans were holding up as evidence that there was no quid pro quo.  The source said something about there being quid pro quo, but not the corrupt kind.  My guess is that he will testify the White House invite for a face to face was dependent on the investigation.  It's still using the office for his personal gain (aka, extorting a bribe) , but it won't have the impact like direct evidence on the military aid will.  

WaPo is the original source, but it's behind a paywall.  

The Hill article will have to do.  

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Fucking Gaetz

henry gandorf emerges from closed-door pillow fight between margot robbie and kate beckinsale, saying he was kicked out by their personal security team because he's not "supposed to be there" and then after consulting with their managers, they claimed that not only was he "not invited" but they ruled "he could not be there" and added "how did you even get in here, please leave".

zero due process.  what is this, russia china north korea cuba?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

henry gandorf emerges from closed-door pillow fight between margot robbie and kate beckinsale, saying he was kicked out by their personal security team because he's not "supposed to be there" and then after consulting with their managers, they claimed that not only was he "not invited" but they ruled "he could not be there" and added "how did you even get in here, please leave".

zero due process.  what is this, russia china north korea cuba?

more importantly, did you take pics?