impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yep. No way the Senate removes him.  They are practically handpicked by him at this point.  It would be as if John Gotti had a jury made up of only his capos.  The evidence against Trump doesn't matter at all. Yep, even though we can see it like a hot air balloon at the end of our driveway, it doesn't matter. It's just like those countries that hold elections and you see the results on the news and people protesting in the streets about how they want justice and freedom. You know, Russia. That is what we, the people are getting here. We try and declare anyone who protests as terrorists, or inspire armed nationalist thugs to travel to cities like Portland to bankrupt their local coffers because that is part of their strategy.

I'm actually surprised he hasn't gone ahead and started deleting and shredding evidence.  Because people like Stephen Miller are either a) doing it for him or b) hanging on to it somewhere off site to use as kompromat in case of future necessity. Or used the mafia method of shutting people's mouths.  Wait for it. Fox News will provide cover and Senate Reps will keep bending the knee.  Trump's 40% will never know the truth anyway because Fox doesn't allow them to know it.  Plus, Trump's 40% like it that way.

There is going to be zero justice until state courts gear up after Trump is already out of office. I really really really hope this is true.

Bolds mine, I am both hopeful and afraid at this point. I've been donating money and also my time, but at this point it feels so fruitless.

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So we are impeaching Trump to make Hillary Clinton, private citizen and not part of the presidential line of succession, the new President?

That's....

Even Jack Posobiec isn't that dumb and he tweeted that a failed impeachment = allowed to run for a third term because it nullifies the current term. 

Image result for green shirt laugh gif

• Like 1

Trump will call them a terrorist organization if they stop the flow of $$.

He will.
Look, we’re not far away from a tweet from him saying “Because the democraps are hurting America (TREASON!), I am declaring Marshal Law!”
Never mind the conundrum we’ll all have over the spelling...what does the military do with that? Seriously, what do they do? Gonna be interesting.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The GOP outrage surrounding the Kurds seems rather fake, doesn't it?  Could they be looking for a reason?  They want to be done with him like the rest of us.

I've been thinking this since it happened.  Which was yesterday right?  Good god it seems longer.  

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Really, it's all politics.  There's plenty of evidence and enough investigation.  Add this to the Articles and get on with it.

They're not there yet.  They're close.  But they're not there yet.  They need to get that removal number up well above 50%. 

Right now, it's very close to 50%.  And it keeps going up with every new outrage.  The overt obstruction of an impeachment inquiry (of which nearly 60% approve) is going to move that number up further.  

But I think the Democrats need to keep the powder dry for a little while longer.  Things are cracking.  Keep the pressure on by keeping things in the House where the Democrats control shit.  Because once it's over with the Senate, they lose control.

• Like 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

The GOP outrage surrounding the Kurds seems rather fake, doesn't it?  Could they be looking for a reason?  They want to be done with him like the rest of us.

Trump is like a velociraptor testing the fences for weaknesses among the Senate GOP with every outrageous maneuver.   So far the fence has failed and an entire small village of women and children have been devoured by a large orange velociraptor. 

Trump is like a velociraptor testing the fences for weaknesses among the Senate GOP with every outrageous maneuver.   So far the fence has failed and an entire small village of women and children have been devoured by a large orange velociraptor. 

There’s is no fence. Just a velociraptor welcome mat made of living cowardly senators.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

They're not there yet.  They're close.  But they're not there yet.  They need to get that removal number up well above 50%. 

Right now, it's very close to 50%.  And it keeps going up with every new outrage.  The overt obstruction of an impeachment inquiry (of which nearly 60% approve) is going to move that number up further.  

But I think the Democrats need to keep the powder dry for a little while longer.  Things are cracking.  Keep the pressure on by keeping things in the House where the Democrats control shit.  Because once it's over with the Senate, they lose control.

I totally agree with this.  The only caveat is the polling numbers.  I'm assuming large numbers of people don't know the difference between impeachment and actual removal from office.  If that's the case, then the impeachment numbers look even worse.  That means we're at 55% of people want the president impeached and removed from office.  That's an astounding number.

The GOP is misreading their base here.  They'll do what they're told.  All it takes is a few sermons and three weeks worth of reassurance from Fox News.  The GOP doesn't realize it but they have no political blowback from removing him.  The Powers That Be know that already, is my guess.

You're right about the Dem strategy, though.  The longer it takes they better they are.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Dems need to drag it out, with as many televised hearings as possible.  Move public opinion.  That's the only way to win.   When 55% of  Texans want Trump gone, Cruz and Cornyn will be forced to pay attention. 

11 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I totally agree with this.  The only caveat is the polling numbers.  I'm assuming large numbers of people don't know the difference between impeachment and actual removal from office.  If that's the case, then the impeachment numbers look even worse.  That means we're at 55% of people want the president impeached and removed from office.  That's an astounding number.

The GOP is misreading their base here.  They'll do what they're told.  All it takes is a few sermons and three weeks worth of reassurance from Fox News.  The GOP doesn't realize it but they have no political blowback from removing him.  The Powers That Be know that already, is my guess.

You're right about the Dem strategy, though.  The longer it takes they better they are.

I think the GOP has no fucking idea how to read their base and hasn't since sometime in the Obama administration.  That's why we got Trump and they are slavishly following him because, unbelievable as it seems, the guy has a base and knows how to work it.

Also, I'm not sure it's any aspect of the investigation itself except that it provokes Donald to commit another outrage.

So, yeah, on the one hand, they've got what they need to be completely legit on impeachment, but on the other there may be value in keeping it going.  If, somehow, Trump can restrain himself, it might go on too long.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I think the GOP has no fucking idea how to read their base and hasn't since sometime in the Obama administration.  That's why we got Trump and they are slavishly following him because, unbelievable as it seems, the guy has a base and knows how to work it.

Pssst. There ISN’T a GOP base. It’s been replaced in its entirety by the Trumpers. There are no normal cells left in the body. The whole thing is cancer.
Once you accept that, everything that’s happening makes sense.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Pssst. There ISN’T a GOP base. It’s been replaced in its entirety by the Trumpers. There are no normal cells left in the body. The whole thing is cancer.
Once you accept that, everything that’s happening makes sense.

Right, but my point is that pre-Trump, they had no idea who their base was, hence Trump.

39 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

34 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Most surprising number to me is that 15% among Republicans - that's yuge….

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The polls have moved ~20% in just two weeks. It will get worse. 

All Trump had to do was keep his mouth shut, but nope, he had to talk to the media on the way to the helicopter.    Ironically, if he had still been trotting out Sarah Huckabeef to throw bullshit at the media on a regular basis, he would probably not have said anything.  But no, it's Donald Fuckin' Trump, and he's in charge of his press, so he had to tell the whole world he wants China to investigate Biden.