so, Jeffrey Epstein

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Name calling, now I'm convinced. Are you an imaginary leftist lib? 

Can't wait for the promises CNN MSNBC FOX has made to finally come out, Mueller is going to release the proof that Trump committed treason any day now!

Describe what makes me a leftist lib.

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Well, I don't want to dive into this debate, but yes, killing a fetus. Thing is, a viable fetus that can survive as a baby outside of the womb keeps getting earlier and earlier, and abortions keep getting pushed later and later. Either way, my point is that the "moral high ground" is a silly concept, but that is exactly what those on the left think they have. 

The people on the left think those on the right are evil. The people on the right think those on the left are ignorant. Problem is, there is no progress made because people on the left are unwilling to engage in an argument. 

Anyway, back to normal ORANGE MAN BAD every thread. Can't wait! It's so different from all the other ORANGE MAN BAD threads!

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

What if, and hear me out here, the orange man is actually bad? 

th?id=OIP.TNr6Zx4eeyMOonWNnR7SjwHaE_&pid

I vote for Mickey Mouse, because I personally believe politics is a show to keep people divided and distracted. I do not think Epstein has the videos of Trump fucking underage girls, but if he does, then throw him and his family in the wood chipper.

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Well, I don't want to dive into this debate, but yes, killing a fetus. Thing is, a viable fetus that can survive as a baby outside of the womb keeps getting earlier and earlier, and abortions keep getting pushed later and later. Either way, my point is that the "moral high ground" is a silly concept, but that is exactly what those on the left think they have. 

The people on the left think those on the right are evil. The people on the right think those on the left are ignorant. Problem is, there is no progress made because people on the left are unwilling to engage in an argument. 

Anyway, back to normal ORANGE MAN BAD every thread. Can't wait! It's so different from all the other ORANGE MAN BAD threads!

The left does have the high moral ground, starting with the rapist currently in the White House and his child-kidnapping administration.  And your version of "engaging in an argument" is calling reality "fake news!" and treating anything Trump says as reality.   No thanks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

Sounds good to me, just don't spend my tax dollars to pay for other people to have abortions, or for planned parenthood to $lobby. 

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The left does have the high moral ground, starting with the rapist currently in the White House and his child-kidnapping administration.  And your version of "engaging in an argument" is calling reality "fake news!" and treating anything Trump says as reality.   No thanks. 

Yeah dude! You are fuckin' nuts! Keep going! Post sources!

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wait, the thread about a billionaire pedophile has been taken over by a right wing conspiracy theory lunatic? I did not see that coming. 

I guess you didn't listen to the Erik Prince interview, right at the beginning he brings up Epstein's little island.... 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/jeffrey-epstein-charged-manhattan-federal-court-sex-trafficking-minors

This case is being handled by the Office’s Public Corruption Unit.  Assistant U.S. Attorneys Alex Rossmiller, Alison Moe, and Maurene Comey are in charge of the prosecution, with assistance from the Office’s Human Trafficking Co-Coordinator, Abigail Kurland.

Why would the case by handled by the public corruption unit? Is Epstein a public official? Isn't this a human trafficking case?

Just now, Zavala said:

I guess you didn't listen to the Erik Prince interview, right at the beginning he brings up Epstein's little island.... 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/jeffrey-epstein-charged-manhattan-federal-court-sex-trafficking-minors

Why would the case by handled by the public corruption unit? Is Epstein a public official? Isn't this a human trafficking case?

You should contact the government and notify them of this flaw.

Just now, Chooky said:

You should contact the government and notify them of this flaw.

It's not a flaw, it's a tell, of what? who knows...

Comey's daughter is prosecuting as well. Can't wait to see how they handle this 'matter'. 

Does he squeal?

Re Public Corruption unit running the Epstein case, yesterday a former SDNY prosecutor reiterated what US Atty Berman said about not reading too much into that aspect.  Prosecutors in different sections can get assigned cases that didn't originate under their assigned area of specialty.  So not likely this is directly tied to investigation of a public official.  

Barr is a gigantic piece of garbage in the huge garbage can that is the Trump administration.

And anyone using the sexual abuse of minors as a partisan issue is GROSS.

I’ve not seen one person on the left defending Bill Clinton or any other Democrats that have been mentioned as having connections to Epstein.  It’s been a unanimous “If he’/they’re guilty, throw them under the jail too”.

Yet I’m seeing a lot of deflection and finger pointing and outright denial of facts from Trumpkins in this thread.  Which makes you gross.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7229027/President-Trump-banned-Jeffery-Epstein-Mar-Lago-sexually-assaulted-underage-girl.html

Actions speak louder than words.

President Trump has not said much about the arrest of his former friend Jeffrey Epstein, but court documents suggest that he made his opinion of the convicted pedophile well known years ago.

An ongoing lawsuit between Epstein and Bradley Edwards, who represented multiple underage victims in their civil suits against the convicted pedophile, reveals that President Trump banned Epstein from his private club in Palm Beach, Mar-a-Lago.

The reason for that, according to the filing, was that Epstein had 'sexually assaulted an underage girl at the club.'

That same filing also claims that Epstein and his girlfriend-turned-platonic companion Ghislaine Maxwell used the club as a hunting ground for new girls.

President Trump finally commented on Epstein's arrest Tuesday afternoon while speaking to the media at the White House, saying: 'I had a falling out with him a long time ago. I wasn’t a fan. I was not a fan of his. That I can tell you.'

He went on to refer to Epstein as a 'fixture in Palm Beach.'

15828704-7229027-image-a-11_156268764342

32 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Re Public Corruption unit running the Epstein case, yesterday a former SDNY prosecutor reiterated what US Atty Berman said about not reading too much into that aspect.  Prosecutors in different sections can get assigned cases that didn't originate under their assigned area of specialty.  So not likely this is directly tied to investigation of a public official.  

Katyal's post was weird.  There are 120 attorneys in the Federal Programs Section.  One of the ones that withdrew was head of Consumer Protection a year ago.  Also a UT guy, undergrad.  And also with a whopping six years of experience.  As were several of those withdrawing.  Not Katyal's standard.

50 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Piece of shit.  So is anyone who still defends this ducking dumbass.  Sick fucks

In fairness, who would take over as Secretary of Labor?  Mick Mulvaney?  Robert Kraft?  Tomi Laren?  Bozo the Clown?

Just now, lemonlime said:

In fairness, who would take over as Secretary of Labor?  Mick Mulvaney?  Robert Kraft?  Tomi Laren?  Bozo the Clown?

The only certainty is that it'd be somebody worse.  It's ALWAYS somebody worse.  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Just like to point out this is the talking point being directed to the Trumpers but the accounting of this is unverified and highly dubious considering it’s a rumor from an attorney. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

to call someone a rapist is fun but if serious, need some hard proof, no? Let's see if Trump really did bang some 14 or 15 year olds.  Even for hated people, we have to give the benefit of the doubt. 

You want to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who admitted on tape to grabbing women by the pussy without their consent? 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, NowThis said:

to call someone a rapist is fun but if serious, need some hard proof, no? Let's see if Trump really did bang some 14 or 15 year olds.  Even for hated people, we have to give the benefit of the doubt. 

Circumspection is called for, but the evidence is piling up on Donald. Ivana Trump said that he raped her when they were married. The Indiana beauty queen and writer makes a credible case that she was raped. She told people at the time. Add the testimony in the Epstein case and the assaults reported by more than 20 women, and doubt is harder and harder to come by.

However, another reason not to regularly call him a rapist is that you give him a place to claim victory by his own miserable lying standards. 

"They called me a rapist pervert. No indictment. Fake news. I'm completely exonerated!"

I'm fine with people calling the scumbag a traitor, liar, con man, thief, sexual molester, and other things. Rapist seems likely, but a person should be convicted of that before you slap on the label.

Edited by RomaVicta

10 minutes ago, Zombie said:

You want to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who admitted on tape to grabbing women by the pussy without their consent? 

"Presumption of innocence" is easily the most over-abused phrase in our entire political lexicon. It's like people don't even know what it is anymore.

It only applies to the presiding judge and all jurors in a case. Seriously, that's all it means. It doesn't apply to the public, it doesn't apply to the media, and it most certainly does not mean "assume that anyone who makes the accusation is on a vendetta against the accused, or that it's some monolithic conspiracy against the accused, until and unless that negative can be proven wrong."

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 3

Just now, hpslugga said:

"Presumption of innocence" is easily the most over-abused phrase in our entire political lexicon. It's like people don't even know what it is anymore.

It only applies to the presiding judge and all jurors in a case. Seriously, that's all it means. It doesn't apply to the public, it doesn't apply to the media, and it most certainly does not mean "assume that anyone who makes the accusation is on a vendetta against the accused, or that it's some monolithic conspiracy against the accused, unless that negative can be proven wrong."

This bugs me, too. Guilt or innocence is a fact no matter what a jury decides. 

Shortening "presumed innocent until proven guilty" to "innocent until proven guilty" seems to have distorted people's reasoning. A jury doesn't bestow innocence. They merely, ideally, review the evidence to see if it's sufficient to meet what is supposed to be a pretty high standard of proving guilt.

OJ Simpson didn't have a period of innocence between his criminal trial and civil case. He was always guilty of what he did.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Remember Kavanaugh? 

It's the court of public opinion we are dealing with here. Proof isn't necessary. 

16 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

It only applies to the presiding judge and all jurors in a case. Seriously, that's all it means. It doesn't apply to the public, it doesn't apply to the media, and it most certainly does not mean "assume that anyone who makes the accusation is on a vendetta against the accused, or that it's some monolithic conspiracy against the accused, until and unless that negative can be proven wrong."

This.  He's president.  This is the court of public opinion.  Not a court of law.  There have been 22? women who have accused him of sexual assault.  We know he walked into the changing room of the Miss Teen USA pageant where teenage girls were undressed.  Hell, he said on tape that he grabbed women by the pussy.

We're not talking about whether there is sufficient evidence to convict trump beyond a reasonable doubt of sexual assault.  There may or may not be.  That doesn't change the fact that there is a metric shit ton of evidence that he has assaulted women, does not respect women, and lacks moral character.

He gets no benefit of the doubt in the court of public opinion.  

32 minutes ago, Zombie said:

that's not rape though.  Rape is deadly serious and that isn't anywhere close. 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

It's notable that Trump hasn't bragged about it, actually.

It is very notable.  All he's saying is that he had a falling-out with Epstein 15 years ago.  I'm guessing Trump was, for once, smart enough to listen to the people around him, who put together a little timeline for him to follow.