so, Jeffrey Epstein

Gil Bang

9 hours ago, triplehorn said:

More on Epstein's mysterious wealth.  That, and Deutsche Bank can't seem to stay out of mobster news

from the article:

"The origins of Jeffrey Epstein’s financial empire remain a mystery to even billionaires. But the investor’s former Wall Street mentor has one theory about how Epstein amassed his fortune: Fraud.

In a phone interview with Observer, Steven Hoffenberg alleged Epstein participated in a Ponzi scheme the two ran together in the 1980s, before using the ill-gotten gains to launch his investment company with the help of financial loans from Deutsche Bank.

[...]

Hoffenberg oversaw Towers Financial, but was sentenced to 20 years in jail in 1997 for defrauding clients out of $450 million. Although Epstein was never charged in the case, a lawsuit filed last year by former Towers investors lists the financier as “an uncharged co-conspirator,” and alleges he “knowingly and intentionally utilized funds he fraudulently diverted and obtained from this massive Ponzi scheme for his own personal use to support a lavish lifestyle.”  

[...]

“The problem I see is that Hoffenberg waited some 20 years to come forward with these new allegations, and he may have reduced his 18-year sentence by implicating Epstein in the Ponzi scheme back in 1994 but didn’t do so.”

Hoffenberg said he did not tell prosecutors because he pleaded guilty at the time, but later came forward because he believed Epstein should pay restitution to Towers investors. Hoffenberg also told Observer that Deutsche Bank provided significant financial loans to Epstein.  

“His lead bank is Deutsche Bank, Germany, that runs the lead on his financial trust company. They run the platform in the trading of the currencies for Epstein and with Epstein. He’s never disclosed to the investors that provide the money to Deutsche Bank his true legacy, that’s securities fraud,” said Hoffenberg.  “And that makes the government available to seize all his money, literally all his money. He’s not going to be able to use his money because it’s got to go to a restitution fund because it’s tainted money.”

[...]

Long considered an investment platform for the rich and powerful, Deutsche Bank has been plagued with scandals since the 2008 Financial Crisis. In 2017, the bank reached a $7.2 billion settlement with the U.S. Justice Department over allegedly misleading investors on mortgage-backed securities, and was later fined $630 million for alleged involvement in Russian money laundering.

Last week, Deutsche Bank announced it would cut 18,000 jobs and downsize its investment operations."

That account by Hoffenberg of why he went to the pen for 20 while Epstein skated is...incomplete.  Probably about being addicted to breathing.

Deutsche Bank appears to have been a primary conduit for Russian mob money finding its way into the pockets, via loans, of Americans in positions of power who keep doing things favorable to Putin and his mafia state.  Shady loans to Epstein, Trump, and Kushner for starters.

Follow.  The.  Money.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

You’re a complete cocksucker.  I’m surprised you can type with Hillary’s cock up your ass.

Aren't you center-left?

Completely surprised this has turned into a thread about Trump's dick.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Follow.  The.  Money.

Leslie Waxner

https://observer.com/2019/07/jeffrey-epstein-case-friend-victoria-secret-leslie-wexner-lost-53m/

Robert Maxwell (Ghislaine Maxwell)

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/ghislaine-maxwell/

What intelligence agencies allegedly told Acosta to back off?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epsteins-sick-story-played-out-for-years-in-plain-sight

He’d cut the non-prosecution deal with one of Epstein’s attorneys because he had “been told” to back off, that Epstein was above his pay grade. “I was told Epstein ‘belonged to intelligence’ and to leave it alone,” he told his interviewers in the Trump transition, who evidently thought that was a sufficient answer and went ahead and hired Acosta. (The Labor Department had no comment when asked about this.)

35 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just so you know, Acosta cut that deal in 2007. So you're looking at the dubya administration for that particular bit of evilness

I'm sure the "intelligence" found that Epstein's cohorts are a who's who of multimillionaires and politicians and they wanted to sweep it all under the rug.  Fuck all that.  I don't care if we have to throw every billionaire in Manhattan in jail along with half of Congress.  Nobody should be untouchable, especially when it comes to raping children.

• Like 4

The dumbass twins on KLBJ-AM this morning were ranting about how Trump couldn't have been involved with Epstein "because Epstein is a Democrat".  I didn't have the stomach to call in and tell them that Trump was a Democrat from 2001-2009.

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

I'm sure the "intelligence" found that Epstein's cohorts are a who's who of multimillionaires and politicians and they wanted to sweep it all under the rug.  Fuck all that.  I don't care if we have to throw every billionaire in Manhattan in jail along with half of Congress.  Nobody should be untouchable, especially when it comes to raping children, except Donald Trump.

You left out something.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Follow.  The.  Money.

Laundering cash through offshore accounts isn't just for blood money related to weapons, drugs, and human sex/labor trafficking.  It's also good for hiding the origins of illicit campaign cash.  Think Stone and Manafort know a thing or two about that ?

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The dumbass twins on KLBJ-AM this morning were ranting about how Trump couldn't have been involved with Epstein "because Epstein is a Democrat".  I didn't have the stomach to call in and tell them that Trump was a Democrat from 2001-2009.

160316-daly-trump-clinton-tease_dpubuo

4 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Leave it to Surly Politics board to turn an Epstein thread into a Trump thread.

They've been co-defendants in a number of lawsuits alleging rape, sex with minors (which is statutory rape), and sexual assault. And trump is the sitting president, and he elevated to his cabinet the guy who cut the sweet heart deal to the CHILD RAPIST.

It's not that outrageous in my opinion lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I'm sure the "intelligence" found that Epstein's cohorts are a who's who of multimillionaires and politicians and they wanted to sweep it all under the rug.  Fuck all that.  I don't care if we have to throw every billionaire in Manhattan in jail along with half of Congress.  Nobody should be untouchable, especially when it comes to raping children.

The bravery it took to make this post is amazing. It has inspired me to also be brave and come out against hunting children for sport. I don't care who knows it, I want to be a hero like Fondren. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

160316-daly-trump-clinton-tease_dpubuo

Was it 2009 or 2010 that Trump accepted Christ and became a Republican? Is that when he saw the error of his ways and disassociated himself from Epstein, the Clintons,  and stopped living a hedonistic lifestyle?

35 minutes ago, Captainant said:

They've been co-defendants in a number of lawsuits alleging rape, sex with minors (which is statutory rape), and sexual assault. And trump is the sitting president, and he elevated to his cabinet the guy who cut the sweet heart deal to the CHILD RAPIST.

It's not that outrageous in my opinion lol.

You can't make this shit up:

Trump labor secretary who cut Epstein deal plans to slash funds for sex trafficking victims

Alexander Acosta, the US labor secretary under fire for having granted Jeffrey Epstein immunity from federal prosecution in 2008, after the billionaire was investigated for having run a child sex trafficking ring, is proposing 80% funding cuts for the government agency that combats child sex trafficking.

Acosta’s plan to slash funding of a critical federal agency in the fight against the sexual exploitation of children is contained in his financial plans for the Department of Labor for fiscal year 2020. In it, he proposes decimating the resources of a section of his own department known as the International Labor Affairs Bureau (ILAB).

The bureau’s budget would fall from $68m last year to just $18.5m. The proposed reduction is so drastic that experts say it would effectively kill off many federal efforts to curb sex trafficking and put the lives of large numbers of children at risk."

• Like 1

Straight from their website, the Bureau of International Labor Affair (ILAB) states their mission as

OUR MISSION is to promote a fair global playing field for workers in the United States and around the world – by enforcing trade commitments, strengthening labor standards, and combating international child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking.

Acosta (and Trump) want to slash the budget by 80%.  Seems normal.  Congress countered with a near doubling of the original budget, but somehow I have a feeling ILAB wouldn't be directed to look very hard into its mission areas even with an expanded budget.

Both these tweets carry some weight.  First, given how connected Epstein appears to be at the highest levels, with cash to back it up for skullduggery, even the slightest whiff of law enforcement being on his case and he's gone for good.  Feds clearly understood, imo, that having a former wingman/sexual predator/(mobbed up buddy ?) in the WH could sink their investigation.  Second, refusing to answer questions about income or assets even if not doing so dampens his chances at bail.  gosh, wonder why ?  

Edited by triplehorn

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Burn them all. I hope Epstein squeals like a pig. 

Although him being taken out in a hit won’t shock me. 

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily-labor-report/house-oversight-committee-wants-acosta-to-testify-on-epstein

Wew hope Acosta gets to testify soon and shine some light on who told him to "back off" and what intelligence agencies were handling Epstein. 

Is this fuckers pig-heart still pumpin?

dick_cheney_032432.jpg

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/pedophile-millionaire-dodged-harsh-sentence-by-ratting-out-bear-stearns-execs/

A year-long investigation by the Miami Herald turned up records that show Epstein — who was one of the fund’s largest investors — cooperated in the prosecution of a pair of executives at now-defunct Bear Stearns financial firm and received “valuable consideration” for providing investigators with unspecified information

Hadn't heard this one.

34 minutes ago, Zavala said:

heh, Bill Maher tossed Slick under the bus a long time ago?

I saw Bill Maher with many hookers at parties in LA when I lived out there...seems a tad disingenuous for him to be calling out anyone for going "balls deep" in a whore. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Acosta belongs behind bars, and not the work release bullshit kind he gave his favorite pedo. 

Edited by JimmyJames

The whole thing was a complete coverup and Acosta is the chief cover up artist in charge who signed off on the sweetheart deal. He knew what he was doing and I dare any troll here to argue otherwise. Its so completely obvious. 

And yeah back then trump was a dem. Who gives a shit you dipshit trolls. 

Acosta belongs in jail, not in Trump’s bullshit cabinet. And I realize belonging in jail is probably a prerequisite to getting into the trump cabinet nowadays. 

Edited by JimmyJames