Napoleon

2020 NFL DRAFT

2 hours ago, texaslong said:

Does the NFL not know Jimbo is at A&M now? Only one draft pick so far. 

Quartney Davis may have turned pro early in something other than sports.

2 hours ago, texaslong said:

Does the NFL not know Jimbo is at A&M now? Only one draft pick so far. 

texags:

W5:03pAG
it's double-edged sword for A&M players in the SEC with regard to the draft.

by playing in the SEC a player will get noticed and receive more attention.

but there will also be a whole lot more tape of the A&M player going up against other top NFL prospects.

in this case...there is a ton of film of Davis & Rogers vs. Alabama's DB's, LSU's DB's, Auburn's DB's, etc..,

and sometimes it's better for a player draft-wise if there's a little mystery about their true ceiling / potential at the next level

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

texags:

They aren’t entirely wrong. No props given. But when your program collapses and a new coach comes in not a lot of draft love is shown to the players. 

I think Big 12 had 19 players drafted this year. Kstate, OSU and Iowa State had none that I could find. How many SEC guys? Probably half the draft. Even the last pick. Jeez. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Thaddeus did not get drafted. 

Hawks traded next years 6th to move into the almost last 7th rnd pick and they selected the other TE/WR from LSU..... 

check these out for season stats 12 catches, 130 yards, 0 TD's..... 6'5" 250lbs ran a 4.6. Must be a blocker right? Nope, terrible blocker and never even lined up with his hand in the dirt, 2 point stance only. Apparently has natural hands so that's not the issue.

none of that adds up lmao. 

edit: I guess I could put the guys name. Stephen Sullivan. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/stephen-sullivan?id=32195355-4c65-4841-66b1-7427b1ac895d

Edited by cam4mav

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

texags:

Yeah, must suck when teams see you're incapable of playing well against real talent. 

Posted (edited)

Roach gets to pick which honestly is similar to Poona, best chance to go somewhere the scheme is right and has the best opp to earn a job.

*assuming he get's multiple offers. I have to think there are a few teams willing to bring him in to be a quick gap shooting DT

Edited by cam4mav

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Somebody pick up Malcolm Roach.

He just has to go the Poona route. Go undrafted. Work his ass off and become a starter. 

Hawks traded next years 6th to move into the almost last 7th rnd pick and they selected the other TE/WR from LSU..... 
check these out for season stats 12 catches, 130 yards, 0 TD's..... 6'5" 250lbs ran a 4.6. Must be a blocker right? Nope, terrible blocker and never even lined up with his hand in the dirt, 2 point stance only. Apparently has natural hands so that's not the issue.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/stephen-sullivan?id=32195355-4c65-4841-66b1-7427b1ac895d

Sullivan was homeless his entire senior year of HS, at one point even living out of his car surviving on school lunches and charity. first person in his fam to graduate HS and college...and did so in 3 years. he put team before himself his last year. and he’s a devastating downfield blocker.

he can’t get separation on his routes; that’s his negative. but everything else is an A+...he does all the little things for the team, and because of that he’ll make the roster.

Cowboys have been killing it this draft. 
Kinda makes ya wonder if Ginger had more draft input than previously thought..

Then again, the blowU/Piggy bias is still alive and well even if I cant fault the picks

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Sullivan was homeless his entire senior year of HS, at one point even living out of his car surviving on school lunches and charity. first person in his fam to graduate HS and college...and did so in 3 years. he put team before himself his last year. and he’s a devastating downfield blocker.

he can’t get separation on his routes; that’s his negative. but everything else is an A+...he does all the little things for the team, and because of that he’ll make the roster.

I'm not gonna lie I am VERY intrigued by this selection (SEA fan). Giving up a 6th next year to grab him and not risk UDFA is a very strong signal that PCJS believe in him.

More often than not, the guys they trade up to go get end up hitting. This will be a cool story to follow. Appreciate the insight.

Edited by cam4mav

I'm not gonna lie I am VERY intrigued by this selection (SEA fan). Giving up a 6th next year to grab him and not risk UDFA is a very strong signal that PCJS believe in him.
More often than not, the guys they trade up to go get end up hitting. This will be a cool story to follow. Appreciate the insight.

Carrol and Coach O are very tight...Coach O was the only position coach Carrol retained at USC, and O credits Carrol with teaching him how to be a head coach. bet your ass that they talked about S2.

he really is a great guy. had a much bigger role last year but accepted a backseat this season. was always the first to great the O on the sideline after a score, and accepted his role like a professional.

1 hour ago, cam4mav said:

Did you see LSU's wide receivers last season?  Why would Burrow ever throw to a TE?

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Still wonder if Bills stole Belichick's QB at #167

Both he and brady are tall, slow QBs from name programs.  Other than accuracy, field awareness, drive to win, football IQ and general intangibles, they're practically twins.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Nothing for Zach Shackelford? Canada or XFL for him?

User name checks out. XFL is kaput

21 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Can someone please explain this to me like I'm a clueless Gen Xer?

Deshon Elliott said OSU and LSU develop talent well. A fan replied that UT does too. Elliott responded with a cap which means lie.

So Green Bay has to have done the worst this year, right? Maybe they'll fucking finally stop killing us every time we make the playoffs?

24 minutes ago, fellside said:

Deshon Elliott said OSU and LSU develop talent well. A fan replied that UT does too. Elliott responded with a cap which means lie.

Lol - Maybe if the dude didn’t jump to the NFL after one solid year he would’ve been a bit more polished coming out. 

Also had all of 6 tackles through 6 games last year so doesn’t look like NFL is developing him real well either.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Great backstory. Hopefully he makes it and can be a voice for others in a similar situation.

Great backstory. Hopefully he makes it and can be a voice for others in a similar situation.

he’s a great kid, but he’s not alone re: LSU draftees.

Adrian Magee (OL) graduated HS without a single scholarship offer at any level, went the JUCO route, walked on, we offered and he accepted and he started 28 straight games for us, culminating in his being a 3rd round pick.

but S2’s story is special. he’s a GREAT guy, absolutely the type of kid you wouldn’t have any problem with being your own son’s mentor.

i hope he makes it; i have every confidence he’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen.

If I were available for the draft, I figure I'd get picked before most of the aggy football players. Just on sheer sick posting ability.

If I were available for the draft, I figure I'd get picked before most of the aggy football players. Just on sheer culinary talent alone.

fify

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Wow--7. Jamycal Hasty, Baylor

Wild that he's still available.  Guess BU didn't work for him after all.  

Also, more familiar names at corner:

2. Parnell Motley, Oklahoma

3. Grayland Arnold, Baylor

5. DeMarkus Acy, Missouri

Updated list of Baylor UDFA signings:

JaMycal Hasty - 49ers

Jameson Houston - Browns

Grayland Arnold - Eagles

Blake Lynch - Vikings

James Lockhart - Steelers

Jordan Williams - Falcons

Chris Miller - Seahawks

Ross Matiscik - Jaguars

Henry Black - Packers

Edited by tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Updated list of Baylor UDFA signings:

JaMycal Hasty - 49ers

Jameson Houston - Browns

Grayland Arnold - Eagles

Blake Lynch - Vikings

James Lockhart - Steelers

Jordan Williams - Falcons

Chris Miller - Seahawks

Ross Matiscik - Jaguars

Henry Black - Packers

Damn, Rhule had to leave Baylor because the returning 2020 squad was gonna suck... LOL 😀

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn, Rhule had to leave Baylor because the returning 2020 squad was gonna suck... LOL 😀

and he didn't pick up any of former baylor players ???