Hugo Stiglitz

Bill Barr, large dildo.

so barr thinks it's ok that the tops of these depts (appointees) are blindly partisan and ultra-political.  forget ok, he prefers it and thinks it's how it should be.

the problem is that guys like biden (or dems in general) will get in power and won't abuse the system this way.  they'll try to fix it and return to normalcy.  but as long as the other side is pushing for a tilted system whenever they're in power, there will never be a proper balance.

so you either have a system weighted towards the corrupt, or you have to play dirty too and betray your own values.  it's a fucked situation that trump has created by politicizing everything and turning us into eastern europe.  and barr has done the heavy lifting.  the only way out is to keep dems in power for 12 years and purge the fucking system.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so barr thinks it's ok that the tops of these depts (appointees) are blindly partisan and ultra-political.  forget ok, he prefers it and thinks it's how it should be.

the problem is that guys like biden (or dems in general) will get in power and won't abuse the system this way.  they'll try to fix it and return to normalcy.  but as long as the other side is pushing for a tilted system whenever they're in power, there will never be a proper balance.

so you either have a system weighted towards the corrupt, or you have to play dirty too and betray your own values.  it's a fucked situation that trump has created by politicizing everything and turning us into eastern europe.  and barr has done the heavy lifting.  the only way out is to keep dems in power for 12 years and purge the fucking system.

I think a criminal prosecution of Barr along with a life in prison sentence would do the trick. 

14 hours ago, HenryJames said:

maybe i'm in the minority here, but this whole hypocrisy attack on govt officials who are attacking the idea but who also themselves voted by mail is fucking weak and needs to end.  sure, it's a fun question to ask the president about his own votes by mail, just to hear him talk in circles and look foolish, but past that, it's a pretty lame form of gotcha and in the current climate, extremely limp.

this is the type of shit that worked in the 1980's when any blemish was blown out of proportion.  "he contradicted himself, how can he be trusted?!!?"  those days are long gone.  trump did worse shit while i was typing this post, and barr too probably.  it's stupid, outdated, and should be put to pasture.

The attorney general of the United States of America just compared stay at home orders due to a pandemic to slavery. 

Why does he still have a law license? I realize he’s not in jail yet because he’s the corrupt AG but at least revoke that. Then after trump loses throw his fat ass in jail. 

Edited by JimmyJames

24 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The attorney general of the United States of America just compared stay at home orders due to a pandemic to slavery. 

Why does he still have a law license? I realize he’s not in jail yet because he’s the corrupt AG but at least revoke that. Then after trump loses throw his fat ass in jail. 

Just look at that smug sonofabitch. I would love to smack that stupid, shit eating grin off his face. 

tenor.gif

Edited by Mapache

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

maybe i'm in the minority here, but this whole hypocrisy attack on govt officials who are attacking the idea but who also themselves voted by mail is fucking weak and needs to end.  sure, it's a fun question to ask the president about his own votes by mail, just to hear him talk in circles and look foolish, but past that, it's a pretty lame form of gotcha and in the current climate, extremely limp.

this is the type of shit that worked in the 1980's when any blemish was blown out of proportion.  "he contradicted himself, how can he be trusted?!!?"  those days are long gone.  trump did worse shit while i was typing this post, and barr too probably.  it's stupid, outdated, and should be put to pasture.

Gonna disagree with you here.  You don't get to scream about how voting by mail is rife with corruption while voting by mail in every single election.  That is not acceptable and they need to be called out on it at every opportunity. 

so, i guess i always thought that while bill barr wasn't a good guy, he was at least a smart guy. what the fuck is he doing?

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so, i guess i always thought that while bill barr wasn't a good guy, he was at least a smart guy. what the fuck is he doing?

He and lady G are what we in the racket business call... compromised. 

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

A smart guy who figured out that he could do whatever the fuck he wanted as long as he's holding the balls of the President in one hand.

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Gonna disagree with you here.  You don't get to scream about how voting by mail is rife with corruption while voting by mail in every single election.  That is not acceptable and they need to be called out on it at every opportunity. 

but pointing it out also shows he voted by mail 2 specific times, which means he voted in person the other times.  which means he probably can explain voting absentee when he was too busy with work shit.  it's just not an attack that sticks, and there's so much else out there.  in the past 24 hours, barr has done/said 25 things way worse than the voting by mail.  this is how focus gets lost.

and i'm not wealthy or busy or important.  but i would bet the vast majority of these types of people vote absentee or don't vote at all.  they also don't pick up their dry cleaning or ever set foot in a bank.  saying that bill barr voted absentee twice in the past 8 years just doesn't even pop on my radar.

The only way he stays in power is if Trump wins the election, and he's going to rely on mutual toleration to avoid prison. 

Two crucially important informal norms that the authors highlight, and explain the robustness of American democracy, are (1) mutual toleration and (2) institutional forbearance. The first norm refers to the acknowledgement of the legitimacy of one’s political opponents to compete for power through the democratic process, so long as they play within constitutional rules (p. 102). Mutual toleration excludes the use, or even encouragement, of threats and violence to bar political opponents from competing for office. The second norm is closely related to the rule of law; institutional forbearance means that elected officials cannot exercise legal action that intentionally privileges one group of individuals at the expense of another. For example, the passage of poll taxes or literacy tests, as occurred throughout the post-Reconstruction South, was generally applied across the population, making no reference to race. However, Southern states passed these laws knowing the intended effect would be to disenfranchise African Americans, who voted overwhelmingly Republican, and therefore restore the Democrats’ dominance in the South. This example was a violation of institutional forbearance: though it was rule by law, it was not rule of law.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

The only way he stays in power is if Trump wins the election, and he's going to rely on mutual toleration to avoid prison. 

here's what i want.  i want them to go to trump and agree to ease up on certain charges if he throws barr under the bus.  he'll agree before the end of the sentence. 

this is the type of guy who gets ruined by trump.  the guy who shows such loyalty that he puts his own well being in harm's way, and completely dismantles his own reputation.

i've gotta think that barr is far worse than john mitchell at this point, and mitchell did time.

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

and i'm not wealthy or busy or important.  but i would bet the vast majority of these types of people vote absentee or don't vote at all.  

that's a weird thought i've never had, and it has to be true.  you don't do anything to mix with the hoi polloi if you are the elite, including voting.  while i am very important, i too am neither wealthy nor busy, so i still vote in person.

Being smart and being an evil authoritarian aren’t mutually exclusive.

I don't know how many times the sentiment "we're lucky Trump is a dumb authoritarian; the next one won't be so inept" has been expressed on this site. Well, once Barr came on board, this duo has figured the game out and we'll be lucky to save our democracy.

Yep. Ironic how he criticized the Clinton Administration regarding Ken Starr's investigation and has now bent over backward in support of totalitarian authority

9 hours ago, 27-25 said:

Hyperbole much, Bill?  He seems to be taking oratory queues from the Liar in Chief.  It may have been a few years since he read a history book.  Maybe he should brush up on some stuff that was glossed over back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Exclusion_Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Scare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears

Japanese internment wasn’t exactly a bright spot for freedom.

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:
6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

here's what i want.  i want them to go to trump and agree to ease up on certain charges

Nope

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Nope

i don't want them to ease up on charges, i just want them to tell him they will to see how fast he rolls on barr.

then leave it to sdny to do their thing.

10 hours ago, 27-25 said:

Hyperbole much, Bill?  He seems to be taking oratory queues from the Liar in Chief.  It may have been a few years since he read a history book.  Maybe he should brush up on some stuff that was glossed over back then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Exclusion_Act

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Scare

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Japanese internment wasn’t exactly a bright spot for freedom.

Wasn't just the Trail of Tears. Boarding schools for "Indian Civilization" were another atrocity.

7 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Duh.....that previous post/clip was him drinking the kool-aid.

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Not saying this is good but there’s plenty of R’s that know how to play the game at a high level... who have left Trump.  It may be ugly but those R operatives are useful right now.  Win at all costs. Don’t worry about any of the shit you’re talking about until this turd is flushed.  I think your points are valid but right now that’s not what we need to worry about.  Get dirty and get Barr/trump out.  Whatever it takes.  

Ok, just kidding, I can’t help myself.  Once they are out hire the most cutthroat AG ever and go after these shitheads with both guns blazing.  Until they have their own wing in the pen.  Maybe even hang a few like these 2.  

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who knows how many of the 13+ pending investigations in the Mueller Report were squashed by Barr. 

What is, all of them Alex? 

Today is the virtual National Catholic Prayer Breakfast. This group is a political group, founded in 2004. Donald Trump is set to speak, and Bill is getting an award. The National Catholic Reporter had a good op-ed about it. https://www.ncronline.org/news/opinion/priestly-diary/honoring-barr-year-national-catholic-prayer-breakfast-so-clearly

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion