Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

10 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This goes for everyone who leaves their trash at their seats after concerts and sporting events.

I think logistically it's just easier on event staff to use firehoses and wash it all into one spot and then use a front end loader to dispose of it. Plus they're washing down the steps and seats as they go. The sheer volume of the trash at such an event would overwhelm small trash cans leading to a larger mess that would still need to be transported most likely by hand  to a final collection point.

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Conversely, they don't know shit about it.

Non-Nerds covering nerd shit is like Surly members covering a Miss America pagent.

Sure, we will bicker and discuss, but the content isn't very valuable.

"Look at those RATs my friend."

"Indeed Bob, those are some outstanding bolt ons, but have you seen her knees. Bob, her knees, they are horrifying."

"Maybe Chad, maybe, but that ass!"

"Christ, she is fucking fat!"

Sounds like a pretty solid analysis right there.  I think you need to rethink the whole Surly Miss America thing.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Sounds like a pretty solid analysis right there.  I think you need to rethink the whole Surly Miss America thing.

How about a Miss Surly pageant? Jade v. Fitlump v. That preacher guy who pretended to be a slutty girl. 

51 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Jesus fucking Christ, would I be required to participate?

Because you just listed the entire string of Surly women that would participate.

Jade is attractive, but I can't stand the thought of Fit lumps speech alone.

Why don't we just crown Jade and call it a day.

What if Jades talent is chili making? That would be a big deduction.

When you go through the drive through kfc in Marshall, Texas and get some chicken that may be the best kfc in America.  I mean it was perfect.  Then, when you’re thinking “I’m going to post on surly about how great the Marshall kfc is, this news must be shared,” you realize that they shortdicked you out of your biscuit, and you’re halfway to Carthage.  

You gonna drive back to Marshall for a biscuit?  Nope, just soak in your misery, sans biscuit.

Dammit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This goes for everyone who leaves their trash at their seats after concerts and sporting events.

There's a difference between just throwing trash out the window on some random stretch of road and leaving trash in an area that is designated for cleanup by people getting paid to clean it up.

Leaving your trash at your concert seat or movie theater seat or wherever just makes you a normal dick. Going out of your way to litter makes you a fucking asshole. 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

You say this, but clearly didn't know mini-baller, Trumpet, nor Rhinowoman.

Trust me, we are way better off without them.

And I haven't even been laid in a while so my thirst is real.

Was she the racist Asian? If so I was around for a bit of her nastiness.

When you go through the drive through kfc in Marshall, Texas and get some chicken that may be the best kfc in America.  I mean it was perfect.  Then, when you’re thinking “I’m going to post on surly about how great the Marshall kfc is, this news must be shared,” you realize that they shortdicked you out of your biscuit, and you’re halfway to Carthage.  
You gonna drive back to Marshall for a biscuit?  Nope, just soak in your misery, sans biscuit.
Dammit.

Serves you right for passing by Riverport BBQ in Jefferson and not getting a rack of ribs to go.

People who don't take in their trash/recycle containers at the end of pick up day.   There are ~ 15% of my neighbors who let them stay out for an extra day or so.  JFC, how lazy can you get?

Well
I work till 11 pm. You want me causing a ruckus putting it away at midnight or mind your own fucking business and I’ll put it away in the next day or so.

A couple hundred years of development of petrolium based combustion engines and they still haven't come up with a better version of the dipstick for checking actual physical fluid levels. I hate dipsticks, especially for clearish stuff like tranny fluid. I still can't read that shit.

• Like 1

Dammit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DougO said:

A couple hundred years of development of petrolium based combustion engines and they still haven't come up with a better version of the dipstick for checking actual physical fluid levels. I hate dipsticks, especially for clearish stuff like tranny fluid. I still can't read that shit.

Talk about a floater right over the plate.....

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

How does every Taco Bell in the world manage to fuck up your order like 70% of the time?  Is it in their corporate training to leave shit out of your bag?

no idea how they confused a doritos taco for a chicken roll with mayo sauce last night, but they did.  that roll was fucking disgusting.

Also, if a website doesn't let you print a page, can't you just use the snipping tool, and save the image? Granted it's a picture of what you want, but it should work.

Snipping tool? What is that?

Oh, you mean the scissors?

Yes, mom.

Well I that was for cutting stuff.

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

no idea how they confused a doritos taco for a chicken roll with mayo sauce last night, but they did.  that roll was fucking disgusting.

They have mayo at Taco Bell now? What fat fuck needs mayo on something from Taco Bell...

2 minutes ago, Covri said:

They have mayo at Taco Bell now? What fat fuck needs mayo on something from Taco Bell...

Creamy Chipotle Sauce: Soybean oil, water, vinegar, cage-free egg yolk,

that's mayo.  i think this was the piece of shit i found in my bag: https://www.tacobell.com/food/burritos/chipotle-chicken-loaded-griller

Edited by elfenix

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

that's mayo. 

Lol I guess, pretty much every fast food sauce is soybean oil based these days. I was thinking there were enough people out there like “you know what would make this cheesy Gordita crunch better? Hellman’s” that Taco Bell was offering straight mayo these days.

I'm usually a fairly patient person, but when I go to the grocery store, I have a list and I am there to get the items and get out. If my husband is with me, sometimes I go an aisle ahead and bring items back to the cart to make it go faster. So why the family of I dunno, five, six, seven? along with the main cart plus the kiddy cart feels the need to stretch out along the fresh fish display so that no one else waiting can see anything gets me surly. I have children, so I understand the need to keep children occupied and entertained, but by the time you have more than one, up your crowd control game people.

• Like 8