All the sudden, I have chapped lips

1 minute ago, Spur08 said:

Am I the only one of the belief that once you start using chapstick , you're destined to need it forever?

It's definitely true of Carmex.  Because it's a cold sore treatment, it contains salicyclic acid to dry out your chancres, and the rest of your lips.  So that and the greasy stuff work at cross-purposes.

Usually, the cold weather has to be around for a few weeks before I start getting chapped and generally itchy from cold-weather dry skin.  For some reason, this year's back and forth has seemed to bring it on early.

18 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Aquaphor. It’s for chapped tits due to breastfeeding but does wonders for chapped lips. They do make it in a lip balm container so you don’t have to be the creep on the baby aisle.

This stuff is magic. They use it on burn patients. 

On 11/23/2019 at 8:09 PM, CooterBrown said:

Aquaphor. It’s for chapped tits due to breastfeeding but does wonders for chapped lips. They do make it in a lip balm container so you don’t have to be the creep on the baby aisle.

Wife had some, but yes I am not carrying around that big tube.  I'll hit CVS after work.  

On 11/24/2019 at 12:20 AM, miguelito said:

My hands always get dry, too.  Like, to the point of cracking and bleeding (a little tiny bit).  I guess I'm super sensitive to the dry weather.  I wouldn't last long in Colorado.

Get some Bag Balm. 

2260779.jpeg

All good now, thanks bro.

My boyfriend isnt getting chaffing any longer.

Dont tell my wife.

That stuff is magic.

On 11/23/2019 at 7:09 PM, CooterBrown said:

I’ve always dealt with chapped lips to a certain extent, but ever since I’ve moved to Tempe, it’s gotten out of control. This shit is magic. 

On 11/23/2019 at 10:03 PM, Spur08 said:

Am I the only one of the belief that once you start using chapstick , you're destined to need it forever?

I’m 99% sure this is why I’ve dealt with chapped lips for most of my life. I don’t lick my lips anymore (I definitely did as a kid), and I drink plenty of water. Sometimes a gallon a day. If I leave my house without Aquaphor, I either turn around or stop at CVS wherever I’m going. It gets that bad out here with the lack of moisture in the air.

drink a lot more water.  i find that fixes it.

On 11/24/2019 at 12:20 AM, miguelito said:

My hands always get dry, too.  Like, to the point of cracking and bleeding (a little tiny bit).  I guess I'm super sensitive to the dry weather.  I wouldn't last long in Colorado.

i use Vancream.  i'ts not oily, pretty great stuff. 

Edited by gsoda3