US bases in Iraq under missile attack

Gil Bang

Just now, rantanamo said:

Don't know any Iranians do you?  Large sennet if that population hate their leadership to a point that Americans can't even imagine.

I think we might be able to say the same about a percentage of Americans and their feelings for their leadership. But we're still in a shooting conflict with each other. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If it was just 12 missiles, and if no Americans were killed, then I'd be pretty ok with that and say we should just let everything go.

Absolutely, but I seriously doubt this was their intended revenge plot. More likely just a little smokescreen to kind of get everybody's attention on one thing while they hit us somewhere else

6 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Your kid and you should be scared shitless about the draft. We cannot sustain a war with Iran/Russia/China with the military we have now, and as this becomes more and more unpopular as the majority of Americans realize it's more politician made bullshit (and hopefully finally realize it's Republican made bullshit) the rate of voluntary enlistment will probably plummet. 

This isn't WWII where the population is lacking information and got blind sided by a foreign nation attack. Everyone with a brain can see trump is instigating and starting this shit. 

There won't be a draft.  If he instituted the draft, and his cult had to actually worry about sending their kids and grandkids to WWIII it would be over. Better to rely on the volunteers, and made up of more and more people who can't afford college and health insurance, etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

Don't know any Iranians do you?  Large sennet if that population hate their leadership to a point that Americans can't even imagine.

So, they cheer when we kill their government officials? They love America because they hate their government? They'll be fine with the Iranians we kill if this escalates?

I don't have to know Iranians (I suspect I know them better than you) to judge how people react to certain situations. This is the whole problem I describe above: We assume we're the only brave ones who will fight. No, we're no braver than anybody. Others will react as we would if attacked by an outsider.

Think about it. Just give it a shot. Waddaya say? Imagine they're like you.

8 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Again it might be true but they also said Suleimani was going to attack US personnel and dropped a bomb on him without showing Congress or the US people any proof yet and that's what kicked off all this. 

You should be skeptical of the US government.

I probably should be, since I work for it, but this isn’t really one of those times. Their government and our government is saying it. I’ll be able to get some better confirmation at work tomorrow, but I haven’t seen anything to make me suspect this as some weird false flag operation. 

• Like 1

Just now, TXSG8R said:

I probably should be, since I work for it, but this isn’t really one of those times. Their government and our government is saying it. I’ll be able to get some better confirmation at work tomorrow, but I haven’t seen anything to make me suspect this as some weird false flag operation. 

I'm not saying it's a false flag. I'm talking about the origination of the attack. Was it from Iranian soil or Iraqi. It might be a moot point but it's part of the nuance of the country. Iran can take credit but it might have been executed in Iraq by Shia Muslims from Iraq.

The iraqi government has a massive problem regardless.

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

There won't be a draft.  If he instituted the draft, and his cult had to actually worry about sending their kids and grandkids to WWIII it would be over. Better to rely on the volunteers, and made up of more and more people who can't afford college and health insurance, etc.

Not anytime in the immediate future but if we get locked in over there in a war and enlistment plummets then they may have no choice. Politically nobody wanted to institute it in Vietnam either but they still did because we got locked in to a position where we couldn't get out and didn't have the voluntary enlistment to cover it. 

18 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Your kid and you should be scared shitless about the draft. We cannot sustain a war with Iran/Russia/China with the military we have now, and as this becomes more and more unpopular as the majority of Americans realize it's more politician made bullshit (and hopefully finally realize it's Republican made bullshit) the rate of voluntary enlistment will probably plummet. 

This isn't WWII where the population is lacking information and got blind sided by a foreign nation attack. Everyone with a brain can see trump is instigating and starting this shit. 

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Not anytime in the immediate future but if we get locked in over there in a war and enlistment plummets then they may have no choice. Politically nobody wanted to institute it in Vietnam either but they still did because we got locked in to a position where we couldn't get out and didn't have the voluntary enlistment to cover it. 

They will take prior service dudes like me (well, I’ve been out too long and am too old, but guys who are still in the IRR) long before a draft.  

A draft requires Congress signing off on it.   There’s already Republicans wanting to back the truck up over this as it is.  There’s no way in hell they want to go on record as supporting a draft of their constituents’ kids.  

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If no dead Americans, this boils down to Iran attacked Iraq and they should deal with it. 

The more clarity we get, I think Iran may have actually played this as best as they could.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If no dead Americans, this boils down to Iran attacked Iraq and they should deal with it. 

It’s naive to believe there isn’t going to be dead Americans.  The Trump administration might try to conceal those loses to avoid a full confrontation but Iran isn’t going to be satisfied with dead Iraqis.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I'm not saying it's a false flag. I'm talking about the origination of the attack. Was it from Iranian soil or Iraqi. It might be a moot point but it's part of the nuance of the country. Iran can take credit but it might have been executed in Iraq by Shia Muslims from Iraq.

The iraqi government has a massive problem regardless.

But that’s kind of the definition of false flag here. Iran isn’t hiding behind a proxy, they launched their missiles from their territory, and then did this.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article239060528.html

It’s about as nuanced as a hammer to the face.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s naive to believe there isn’t going to be dead Americans.  The Trump administration might try to conceal those loses to avoid a full confrontation but Iran isn’t going to be satisfied with just some dead Iraqis.

Trump administration couldn’t conceal dead Americans.   

I wouldn't be surprised if right now Iranian suicide bombing aren't being planned for attacks inside the US. Hitting places like trump tower in NY and trump hotel in Vegas would be fantastic symbolic sites. Whatever causes the most fear and turmoil inside the US while simultaneously draining US forces in Iran/Iraq benefits Iran/Russia/China the most. 

Security lines at airports would be easy AF.

I’d hit cruise ships with missiles. 5,000 people a pop. Good bang for your buck.

Mortars into the Super Bowl stadium.

Fuck, I’d make a fine terrorist.

20 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump is a moron

Could very well be, but I feel like this move is actually very strategic. In all likelihood his recent actions could be the straw that breaks the Iranian economy. They have been on the verge of collapse the past year and especially in past few months. Forcing the govt to spend money they don't have on wasteful military spending to save face has a strong chance of pushing them over the edge.

• Fuck You 3

Those with teenagers - Are your kids paying close attention? I am surprised by how much my teenager (almost 16) is following this and asking questions. He has been since last week. I realized this is that generation's first real experience with a national security threat/crisis. He and his friends are half-kidding and half-concerned about WW3 and the draft.

They are paying extremely close attention and while they don’t like the Democratic Party they seem to view the GOP as an existential threat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s naive to believe there isn’t going to be dead Americans.  The Trump administration might try to conceal those loses to avoid a full confrontation but Iran isn’t going to be satisfied with just some dead Iraqis.

That’s dumb. We aren’t hiding bodies.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s naive to believe there isn’t going to be dead Americans.  The Trump administration might try to conceal those loses to avoid a full confrontation but Iran isn’t going to be satisfied with dead Iraqis.

He'll use our dead the same way Hitler used the dead in the Beer Hall Putsch. Martyrs to fuel the next steps. 

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

But that’s kind of the definition of false flag here. Iran isn’t hiding behind a proxy, they launched their missiles from their territory, and then did this.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article239060528.html

It’s about as nuanced as a hammer to the face.

For some reason he thinks that though they have missiles that can reach Greece, they would instead lob some from inside Iraq despite literally every report to the contrary.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Trump administration couldn’t conceal dead Americans.   

Trump administration couldn’t conceal dead Americans but he could conceal how they died at least for a little while.  

There is no reason to trust anything coming out of this White House. 

Just now, lemonlime said:

Trump administration wants dead Americans.  They are trying to drum up an excuse for war.

That’s a great way for an epic GOP asskicking at the polls in November.   They have done a dumpster fire of a job of trying to sell Americans on a war with Iran, and all most Americans will understand is that we killed one of their top generals, so they struck back at us.    Trying to explain the dead general’s involvement in a proxy war in Iraq between the Saudis and Iranians to the average American is like trying to explain how an iPhone is designed and manufactured.   Their eyes will glaze over.   

Americans understand that we killed an Iranian general.   Trying to explain that he was such a bad guy, that he should have been killed long before now, when Trump has had three years, and Obama and Bush had a dozen, is going to make their eyes glaze over, because they’d never heard of him before he was assassinated.