Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

1 hour ago, YoungCounty said:

I agree with showcasing the academics. I realize that's probably not going to get great ratings, but it could be a huge asset to the academic side. 

I wonder what kind of ratings the 100'th showing of the '69 Texas v Arkansas game got?

Hell yes showcase academics.  All of it.  Business,  Liberal Arts,   Engineering,  Math,  everything.  

Edited by Laga4
  • Like 1

What's missing is the showcasing of the academic side of the university. I've said this before and I'll say it again that adding programming about what kind of research the university is involved in and why the slogan is "What starts here changes the world." Yes, its presently a network about Texas Longhorns Athletics, but it could be a network for then entire University of Texas. Aggy can't stop or object this kind of programming and the sure as fuck cant compete with it... on account of they dont have a network with which to do so (then you'd have to ask what academics they have that are worth a shit anyway).

They do show the student fashion show every year and films done by RTF students, but I agree there should be more focus on things other than athletics.

2 hours ago, Fire Jack Chevigny said:

They do show the student fashion show every year and films done by RTF students, but I agree there should be more focus on things other than athletics.

They aired the big thing that Obama spoke at from LBJ library celebrating the anniversary of the civil rights act.  I’m sure they have those ratings. And the ratings shouldn’t matter that much, air the cool stuff the schools are doing. 

Blame the Statesman and some of the first candidates to be laid off w/ its pending downsize.

John Mask, a lawyer for Kearney, and UT spokesman Gary Susswein had confirmed in June that a settlement was in the offing, but they provided no details. Mask said last year that Kearney was claiming damages approaching $4 million, including the value of a new contract that had yet to be signed.

https://www.hookem.com/2018/08/20/university-texas-announces-settlement-amount-bev-kearney-discrimination-case/

Not to defend Brian Davis because he sucks horribly at his job and he looks like the kind of guy that would try to sleep with his teenage babysitter, but I took that to read that Kearney claimed 4 million in damages, but she was initially seeking 1 million to settle the suit, and in the end she received 600k to settle the suit. 

On 8/18/2018 at 5:18 PM, Izhmash said:

Needs more pom squad!

I'd also vote for airing the Texas Venture Labs competitions.

I'm picturing a Pom Squad program similar to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Squad series.  I bet ratings would be pretty decent.

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

CDC, moving on to shit that matters. After lawyers take 40/60%, sucking the AD for pennies & sucking her recruits off it's time to move on. Another great chapter in Plonskys book ends.

It's a shame Bev gets a single penny, but this is probably a relatively cheap way for UT to dispense with the nonsense.  Although we probably paid at least that much again in our lawyer's fees.

• Like 1

What a bunch of whiny bitches y'all are, on the eve of our season opener no less.

CDC makes more of an effort to keep us peasants informed than any fuckstick we've had in Belmont, ever. The guy holds his department accountable on twitter, get him a coop statue asap. I don't care about the shade of orange, if someone spends cash, time and effort to represent the 40 - applaud them. 

FCB.

Edited by Goodman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

The mouthpiece of the wealthy alums eager to run the football program like their personal semi-pro team.... Del Conte benefits from the 35+ years of awful predecessors. Beyond that he has no value for Joe Sixpack  or the students.

He's already made changes that really benefit the average fan.  But thanks for stopping by to show your ass.

5 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

The mouthpiece of the wealthy alums eager to run the football program like their personal semi-pro team.... Del Conte benefits from the 35+ years of awful predecessors. Beyond that he has no value for Joe Sixpack  or the students.

This take is way too hot for me

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

Good luck against Southern tomorrow.

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

He's already made changes that really benefit the average fan.  But thanks for stopping by to show your ass.

Oh yes, introduce more booze, some misters and tents, close down the streets to squeeze in more drunks. Spend 175 million on stadium "improvements" to advance the interests of wealthy alums really helps serve the wider audience of fans. There's a reason Texas attendance dropped last year and it wasn't just the marginal play of the football team. I've been watching this since the sixties. The high water mark was spending four million on a field drainage system that was used for one year before being gutted so more lower level seats could be created and the track eliminated...brilliant. In my book that kind of largesse, disregard for all constituencies needed to support the program and creating an atmosphere of partying that runs off older people and those who don't consider it cool to sit around getting drunk in the shade is prima facie evidence of true "assholishness"...but, hey, knock yourself out.

• Fuck You 10

1 minute ago, Artie Fatso said:

Oh yes, introduce more booze, some misters and tents, close down the streets to squeeze in more drunks. Spend 175 million on stadium "improvements" to advance the interests of wealthy alums really helps serve the wider audience of fans. There's a reason Texas attendance dropped last year and it wasn't just the marginal play of the football team. I've been watching this since the sixties. The high water mark was spending four million on a field drainage system that was used for one year before being gutted so more lower level seats could be created and the track eliminated...brilliant. In my book that kind of largesse, disregard for all constituencies needed to support the program and creating an atmosphere of partying that runs off older people and those who don't consider it cool to sit around getting drunk in the shade is prima facie evidence of true "assholishness"...but, hey, knock yourself out.

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpeg

If you’ve been watching since the sixties, you should be one of those wealthy alums reaping the benefits. Sorry life didn’t turn out the way you wanted, Al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It helps to read this in Brando’s voice from Apocalypse Now.

9 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

There's a reason Texas attendance dropped last year and it wasn't just the marginal play of the football team. 

A) attendance is down basically everywhere including pro sports and is a trend not limited to Texas or how we are run. 

B) for any portion of the attendance drop that is Texas-specific in excess of the broader trend, yes, it pretty much is the marginal play of the football team. 

Edit to add:

C) at least CDC is being proactive and trying to do things that both combat the trend (closing the streets and bringing food and drink just outside the stadium, as well as planning our expansion with the trend in mind unlike aggy and others. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

A) attendance is down basically everywhere including pro sports and is a trend not limited to Texas or how we are run. 

B) for any portion of the attendance drop that is Texas-specific in excess of the broader trend, yes, it pretty much is the marginal play of the football team. 

No...In the Big 12, Texas experienced the biggest drop in attendance last year. I guess the "fan day experience" just isn't what it use to be...https://www.diehards.com/texas/texas-longhorns-college-football-attendance-big-12-2017

In addition, despite Herman being the new messiah in waiting, the game against Maryland didn't even draw 90,000

Edited by Artie Fatso
  • Fuck You 5

10 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

You must be a real hit at parties.

1 minute ago, Artie Fatso said:

No...In the Big 12, Texas experienced the biggest drop in attendance last year. I guess the "fan day experience" just isn't what it use to be...https://www.diehards.com/texas/texas-longhorns-college-football-attendance-big-12-2017

That we had the biggest drop doesn't dispute anything I said. 

3 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

In addition, despite Herman being the new messiah in waiting, the game against Maryland didn't;t even draw 90,000

Maybe the attendance decline had something to do with the Strong's home W-L record or Patterson squeezing every last dime out of game-day costs?  Just spit-balling here..

8 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Edit to add:

C) at least CDC is being proactive and trying to do things that both combat the trend (closing the streets and bringing food and drink just outside the stadium, as well as planning our expansion with the trend in mind unlike aggy and others. 

Not really trying to argue - just pointing out he has a narrow view that focuses on those who have money at the expense of those that don't. You rightly mentioned attendance is down everywhere. Thats pretty much true. Texas isn't the only school that has made the mistake of ignoring the development of a fan base for the future in order to maximize profits today. Its amazing to surf this message board and see people in meltdown over the coaches and outraged at the cost of games, but get incensed when someone points out some of the underlying problems. Personally, I won't ever be at another game at Memorial stadium. Introducing alcohol was part of it, but the lousy planning of the stadium improvements has completely erased any breeze for those in the lower stands. When they complete the south end that will make it even worse. I would hate to think whatever UT does must use Aggy as a barometer...

• Fuck You 6

20 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Maybe the attendance decline had something to do with the Strong's home W-L record or Patterson squeezing every last dime out of game-day costs?  Just spit-balling here..

Maybe...but Patterson has been gone for a few years and Herman coming in with all his fanfare didn't change the direction of things. BTW - that period after Patterson was an example of what happens when the alums choose one of their own to run things.

• Fuck You 4

7 minutes ago, Artie Fatso said:

Take a deep breath - lots of folks don't like hanging out with drunks. Maybe...just maybe, we could all be sober for the game, though I admit that is difficult given the product. 

Bro I'm not the one posting diatribes here.

• Like 1