Tell Me About Baylor

Al_4_ISU

4 hours ago, nnm said:

This is exactly the problem. There is a massive cultural problem at BU, and it has not been addressed in any way.

Their entire mindset is that BU is a clean little playpen, where virginal little Johnny and Judy will be able to be educated without being polluted by the big bad world.  That BU is cleaner, more righteous, and safer than anywhere else.  That’s the mindset from the Regents, faculty, alumni, students, and community. 

The reality is quite different of course. Bad things happen, perpetrated not just by the football team, but by clean cut Johnny frat boy too. And when something bad happens to a girl there, their reaction isn’t to protect the girl. No, it’s to shun her, shame her, quietly move her out of the way, where she can’t be seen or heard, so they can continue in their delusion that only virtuous, virginal young women go there, and it is safe for them. 

The average coed may well be safer at BU than at any Big State U, including UT. But when she’s not, when the worst happens, it’s the worst place in the world. She not only won’t be supported, she’ll be shamed, shunted aside. 

That runs into the competing part of their culture that wants to be validated. So they quite intentionally look the other way when Bliss, Briles, Queso killers, and others take advantage of their little self-superiority complex. Wolves in sheep‘s clothing do well at BU as long as they’re winning. 

They’ve done nothing to change their culture. They can’t and they won’t. So Bliss will happen again. Briles will happen again. They will have another major scandal tied to athletics. It’s just a matter of time. 

nailed-it-ron.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They seem entirely consistent with what Christianity has become.

This.  There's nothing Christian about most Christians.  Baylor illustrates that perfectly.  Self aggrandizement while acting like a complete shitbag.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

They seem entirely consistent with what Christianity has become.

Just stop it.  This is beyond stupid.  This goes for your post too @Scholz.  

Those are some awesome and stupid generalizations, indicting all of Christianity because of the actions of a miniscule few.  Most Christians, as most people, are good people who do good things.  Most of the actions of Christian organizations are positive, community-oriented actions.

Get a grip.

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

BIG BULLSHIT!

It seems to me that Texas and Oklahoma acted as vigilante justice against this rape factory and choked off their funding, diminished their brand, and sent them packing to an insignificant conference where they will ultimately become a basketball school.

moana-youre-welcome.gif 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Just stop it.  This is beyond stupid.  This goes for your post too @Scholz.  

Those are some awesome and stupid generalizations, indicting all of Christianity because of the actions of a miniscule few.  Most Christians, as most people, are good people who do good things.  Most of the actions of Christian organizations are positive, community-oriented actions.

Get a grip.

Agree to disagree.  Wholeheartedly.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

Your bias is showing….  Hard to take your seriously with such a generalization.

I’m posting my opinion solely based on my anecdotal experiences. Which you obviously wouldn’t agree with one way or another. So cool.

• 2 weeks later...

IIRC he was a top dual threat QB from Arkansas. Changing coaches at BU and the ensuing changes in offensive philosophy resulted in him not seeing the field as much as was anticipated when he was recruited. I think some remnants of the Briles family might have seduced him to Baylor, he's been there awhile and his recruitment/arrival dates back to around that time. Also I think he was a track and field athlete in hs and it seems that he has been slow to fill out physically to meet the needs of the QB position for D1 football.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

IIRC he was a top dual threat QB from Arkansas. Changing coaches at BU and the ensuing changes in offensive philosophy resulted in him not seeing the field as much as was anticipated when he was recruited. I think some remnants of the Briles family might have seduced him to Baylor, he's been there awhile and his recruitment/arrival dates back to around that time. Also I think he was a track and field athlete in hs and it seems that he has been slow to fill out physically to meet the needs of the QB position for D1 football.  

He's a good runner, needs an efficient passing offensive system with higher percentage throws...  has to limit turnovers.  Baylor defense is expected to be good...

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bad News-- Baylor returns all of their starters on DL plus added this Tulsa guy...

Player, a 2018 three-star recruit from Waco, Texas, is a two-time All-American Athletic Conference selection who entered the transfer portal on December 31. The five teams that were listed as his top options were Arkansas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and TCU.

Player led Tulsa with 15 TFL’s in 2021, good for 37th in the country, and was an absolute force at the heart of the Golden Hurricanes’ defense. Because of his tenacity and toughness, Player has built quite the reputation around football circles in the Midwest.

Also:  Their damn nose tackle "Siaka Ika" that kicked Jake Majors ass decided not to opt out for NFL and will be back for Baylor... 

AP21303722091873.jpg

smdh 🙄

Edited by LTtxfan

• 1 month later...