Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

Just realize that the battle in GME today is really about what happens tomorrow; there are a ton of calls that will be ITM at $300, the more they (whoever they really are) can knock it down the smaller the problem is on Monday to cover the 1/29 option expiry.
IMO everything under $150+/- will be ITM, and that already creates another squeeze at Monday's open.
Or since nobody can buy they will just time their attacks at close today and tomorrow to kill the gamma squeeze and in turn the short squeeze

They drove it down below 150 already once today

2 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
24 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:
Just realize that the battle in GME today is really about what happens tomorrow; there are a ton of calls that will be ITM at $300, the more they (whoever they really are) can knock it down the smaller the problem is on Monday to cover the 1/29 option expiry.
IMO everything under $150+/- will be ITM, and that already creates another squeeze at Monday's open.

Or since nobody can buy they will just time their attacks at close today and tomorrow to kill the gamma squeeze and in turn the short squeeze

Absolutely. Price creeping up now but I am waiting for the power hour dump

14 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I need to get in to the Think or Swim platform. I didn't realize that those others didn't charge for OTC... only $5 but that could really add up over time.

last year I paid over $1000 in otc fees, but I made $150k so seemed okay since I'm comfy with ToS. It's only available on TdA I believe

Edited by RCRanger03

Can y'all even short this shit?  Schwab is telling me no go, and 200% maintenance requirement. 

ETA: To be clear, I am not tryihng to short it, just entered a test order to see if it was even possible. 
Would be expensive for retail shorters but the institutes can and are shorting so they dont go bankrupt...FrEe MaRkEt

I have RH.  I have had a Fidelity account in the past, so I just moved some money into there (have to wait until it posts, which is the one advantage to RH in my opinion) and I also signed onto a TD account as well.  Fuck it.  I have done well this year, but would like to do like RC and Harrison do.  So help me learn!

15 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Basically did the hedge funds make a ton of money while no one could buy GME and it shot down to $125? 

Of course they did.  They killed the demand by getting the brokerages to disallow buying and when people rightfully panicked and decided to get out before their paper gains completely disappeared, they bought at a lower price to cover their shorts.

2 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Robinhood is a private company.  They can de-platform any stock they want.  If the Redditors don't like it, they can build their own trading platform.

Orrrr take all their money out because the platform is a pawn to manipulation and can go fuck itself, as I will be doing. Good luck with that IPO.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Robinhood is a private company.  They can de-platform any stock they want.  If the Redditors don't like it, they can build their own trading platform.

they did not deplatform the stock. they restrictied one way trading of a stock.

that's unbelievable, and i cannot believe it is even legal.

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You cant even search and look at it on the app....how is that not deplatformed
Ok now you can see but it's not supported on the app

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

So who holds the equity in Robin Hood?  Because that's probably going to be worthless after today.  And they probably realized that when they made the decision to restrict share purchases.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/robinhood-is-expected-to-be-a-top-ipo-regulatory-actions-show-the-hurdles-ahead-51608338523

tenor.png

Just now, hayden_horn said:

i'm watching cnbc, and holy shit at these stock market wonks talking about business fundamentals.

it's not about fucking gamestop. that's what they don't understand. 

it's about wall street overleveraging, taking a bad gamble and they should be losing. instead, they've fixed the game.

They absolutely understand, they are trying to steer the narrative a certain way.

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

i've read and seen elsewhere small time retail contemplating putting on shorts because they don't understand the GME phenomenon.

what i think might be very inevitable, but very sad and funny at the same time, is if the "institutions" continue this attack and violently shake the price so that they gradually slip out of their short position, and have it replaced by retailers (who are emboldened by the swing action)......

...so basically they all get out of the back door (atleast with a big piece of bruising)... and leave retail investors hanging on both the short AND the long end.  basically all of main st becomes bagholder, regardless of stock sentiment.

that would be fucking dark blackmirror shit

Yup. I think that’s exactly what I was just thinking. 

100% manipulated bot-action:

1.  there was barely any volume on the "sell off".  very very very few sellers (and of course, the rest of us were not allowed to buy)

yVw7iIj.jpg

2.  the sellers were themselves trading to eachother.  they put in incrementally smaller bids to drag down the mid. 

this does not look like a natural depth chart

j6g1paf4h3e61.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Im trying to find out who the biggest fish is behind this. I didnt know the mets owner was involved. Anyone else?

https://clutchpoints.com/mets-owner-steve-cohen-bails-out-melvin-capital-amid-gamestop-reddit-stock-fiasco/

New owner Steve Cohen’s hedge fund, Point72 Asset Management, invested $750 million alongside a $2 billion investment from Citadel into Melvin Capital – which held a short position on the GameStop stock and suffered huge losses before closing out of the stock by Wednesday morning.

Edited by UTGrad98
credit

Just now, UTGrad98 said:

Im trying to find out who the biggest fish is behind this. I didnt know the mets owner was involved. Anyone else?

New owner Steve Cohen’s hedge fund, Point72 Asset Management, invested $750 million alongside a $2 billion investment from Citadel into Melvin Capital – which held a short position on the GameStop stock and suffered huge losses before closing out of the stock by Wednesday morning.

Being a Mets owner, he certainly is used to losing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so they'll get a slap on the wrist to the tune of a few hundred millions.... which if saving their buddies tens of billions of dollars, is a perfectly sound business decision.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Robinhood is planning an IPO.  Wanna bet it doesn't happen?  The fallout from this is going to be catastrophic to them.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Robinhood is planning an IPO.  Wanna bet it doesn't happen?  The fallout from this is going to be catastrophic to them.

that was a monumental oversight by them.  seriously - they have all the analytics in the world - they didnt realize the ones the fuck up the most ARE 95% OF THEIR OWN clients?

this 2021 clownfuckery is amazing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

that was a monumental oversight by them.  seriously - they have all the analytics in the world - they didnt realize the ones the fuck up the most ARE 95% OF THEIR OWN clients?

this 2021 clownfuckery is amazing. 

They literally killed their own company (and their own fortunes) to save money for billionaires.  It's mind bottling.

• Hook 'Em 1

How amazingly fucked up is this entire situation? This fucked up

I had a huge chunk of SPY puts that I bought at .22. They were at $4.50ish last night before Wall Street cooked up their escape plan. back to .22. Luckily I sold 20% early yesterday to cover my costs + a little, but that would have been a nice hit. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Lulz.  They are about to see an avalanche in litigation.  From users and shareholders who didn't benefit today and likely had equity value destroyed.  I don't think "we are a private company and could do what we want" is going to be their best line of defense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

https://clutchpoints.com/mets-owner-steve-cohen-bails-out-melvin-capital-amid-gamestop-reddit-stock-fiasco/

Ken Griffen owns Citadel.  

20 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah. They’re done. How do you advertise yourself as the retail investor’s platform and then fuck over all of retail at the most crucial day in the existence of your platform? There must be some serious HF/WS money behind them that forced this. Otherwise makes no sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah. They’re done. How do you advertise yourself as the retail investor’s platform and then fuck over all of retail at the most crucial day in the existence of your platform? There must be some serious HF/WS money behind them that forced this. Otherwise makes no sense. 

my understanding is that it is citadel....who has a huge stake in gme shorts.

democratizing trading my ass

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

We'll find out that they've just sold to a hedge fund for 125% of their expected IPO value, which will be fraction of the potential short losses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I think this is the end of RH, to be honest.  They are going to lose a huge percentage of their deposits and the IPO value is going to go poof with them.

I will probably leave the app when I can.  Do not want to liquidate some of my positions (like TSLA, AAPL and FTCH), but once I profit take, will move all over to Fidelity and TD.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1