Official fuck 2020 thread

Moby Ric

I do not share a lot of personal info here, but I need to vent.  This year has been a bitch.  I will start with my own airing of grievances.

Was in so much pain and had to have hernia repair in January, finally recovered.

Son has been going through some real issues that have been challenging.  Lots of therapy.

After healed from hernia repair, I got bursitis in my hip, so I am immobile and in pain daily.  I have to walk with a cane.

FIL died Friday, wife has been in Austin since then helping MIL.  

Lost 5 clients already this year.  

Coronavirus can go fuck itself in its own face.

Fuck this year, We are really being tested as a family right now.  I know it could be worse, but we have been hit hard in the first quarter.  Needed to vent, so consider this a venting spot for your issues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

giphy.gif

Not to humblebrag, but this motherfucking virus has cost me;

Hawaii

The Masters

Bandon Dunes

This was going to be the April of Incredulity...  now dogshit, total fucking dog shit.

Went to The Masters last year (forever known as the Tiger Come Back Masters); sucks for you.

2020 started out like an enormous turd in a punch bowl before the rona even entered the picture.  I told people that "January 2020 was the hardest year I've ever had in business".  From a business perspective, in January, we had:

-Two vehicular accidents (one minor that was our fault, the other one totalled our vehicle but was the other driver's fault)

-One lawsuit filed against us (bullshit three year old warranty claim that we'll win, but still going to be a pain in the ass)

-Two recordable injuries (one of them major where an employee almost cut his finger off)

-Had to issue a $60,000 credit (it was a deposit from December and the client decided not to move forward, so no money lost, but started off 2020 $60K in the hole from an accrual standpoint)

Surprisingly, we killed it in February.  Biggest month ever from a revenue standpoint.  We had planned on hiring seven more employees in March.  

2020 can eat a bag of dicks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaulding Smails said:

2020 started out like an enormous turd in a punch bowl before the rona even entered the picture.  I told people that "January 2020 was the hardest year I've ever had in business".  From a business perspective, in January, we had:

-Two vehicular accidents (one minor that was our fault, the other one totalled our vehicle but was the other driver's fault)

-One lawsuit filed against us (bullshit three year old warranty claim that we'll win, but still going to be a pain in the ass)

-Two recordable injuries (one of them major where an employee almost cut his finger off)

-Had to issue a $60,000 credit (it was a deposit from December and the client decided not to move forward, so no money lost, but started off 2020 $60K in the hole from an accrual standpoint)

Surprisingly, we killed it in February.  Biggest month ever from a revenue standpoint.  We had planned on hiring seven more employees in March.  

2020 can eat a bag of dicks.

source.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest Lobo
21 hours ago, jw4381 said:

Losing my momma within the next couple of weeks. putting her in hospice care tomorrow. Fuck you 2020. And the turd you rode in on. 

Really sorry to hear that.  Are you at least going be able to spend some time in person with her in the next few weeks?  Or is that restricted now?  

One good thing from this shitshow, aside from learning where people's priorities really are, is I've been in better contact with my mom.  Been calling with much greater frequency and conversations are mostly positive.  Sending her videos of her only two granddaugthers helps a lot.  

I hope your mom isn't in any pain and I hope you can be there for her in whatever way you can.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 1:36 PM, jw4381 said:

Losing my momma within the next couple of weeks. putting her in hospice care tomorrow. Fuck you 2020. And the turd you rode in on. 

Sorry jw.  That has to be difficult.   This year just keeps getting more challenging and we still have a ways to go.

wife lost both of her grandmothers this year, pretty big hit for her and the families - don't realize how much it sucks until you have to stand outside a hospital window to say your final goodbyes to your grandmother. terrible feeling. 

16 hours ago, Mez2 said:

wife lost both of her grandmothers this year, pretty big hit for her and the families - don't realize how much it sucks until you have to stand outside a hospital window to say your final goodbyes to your grandmother. terrible feeling. 

Man, that is terrible.

Meh, not so bad.  Things are looking up - party this morning in / around Whole Foods.   Your drive may suck but at least there will be entertainment. 

A batch of demonstrations calling for Austin police to be defunded will kick off early Thursday along North Lamar Boulevard, according to a Facebook event page.

The demonstrations will take place in two spots near downtown: Near Whole Foods on West Sixth Street and by Zach Theatre off Riverside Drive.

The group near Whole Foods announced on Facebook that it will read from “radical texts” starting at 8 a.m., while another group will dance near Zach Theatre.

At 10:30 a.m., the protesters plan to march from Riverside Drive to join the group reading near Whole Foods.

The event is being put on by community members, said Andie Flores, one of the event hosts, on Instagram.

“One of our goals is to ultimately bankrupt APD by making sure their resources are being spread thinner and thinner. We’d also like to disrupt the flow of morning traffic,” the Facebook event page says.

Edited by Wally Pryor

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jw4381 said:

And here we are 32 days later and my mom passed away peacefully this morning.

Fuck this 2020 bullshit. RIP Virginia Wilcox. See you on the other side.

So sorry to hear this.  Cold comfort and all, but hope those 32 days provided you some way for the both of you to connect even more than you had been.  I promise---She'll be there tomorrow morning, smiling behind the sun, wondering why you're taking so long to shower and shave and get your act together ;) 

Edited by Lobo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another fuck 2020 bump.  My mother start radiation for cancer today.  I really want to start throwing a lot of shit and hitting things.  She is walking into this like a fucking champ, I would not wish this on anyone.

Fuck 2020, fuck cancer, fuck baylor, fuck CR posters rooting for cancer, fuck you to my ex wife, fuck you to ex clients that left his year cause you're fucking lazy, fuck aggy, fuck this covid bullshit, fuck EVH being dead, fuck Neil Peart being dead, just fuck everything right now.  

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1