Goo Punch

Texas athletes petitioning University to replace "The Eyes of Texas" and to no longer require athletes to sing it

I still want them to build a statue for the guys who kidnapped Reville back in the 90s.

Also....I got teary-eyed when I read about the Jamail family gesture to Earl and Ricky. We're all burnt orange. Everyone who has walked the 40 as a student. We're family.

Guys.  You feel that?  That’s the feeling of inclusion.  I hope some of my fellow Italians and Greeks can get some of that too. They don’t seem to be well represented 

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Guys.  You feel that?  That’s the feeling of inclusion.  I hope some of my fellow Italians and Greeks can get some of that too. They don’t seem to be well represented 

Don't forget about Lebanese scatback Chris Gilbert.

4 minutes ago, 1bigtx said:

Don't forget about Lebanese scatback Chris Gilbert.

Rushed for 1,000+ yards in all three of his varsity seasons under DKR.

I’m proud of the University for figuring this out and collaborating with the student-athletes. 

Also, since we are naming the field after Ricky, I can only presume we are moving away from turf. Groovy. 

Especially if the players who choose to leave get criticized by fans for doing so. 

Why are you such a fucking titty baby cunt?

20 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Also, since we are naming the field after Ricky, I can only presume we are moving away from turf. Groovy. 

It's gonna be all grass & weed now that it's named after Ricky!

I can still see how the wording to The Eyes could be tweaked by substituting “us” and “we” for “you”  In the appropriate lines.

Would changing the tune work as well as your suggestions?

Call me an idiot, but I think if the right people show up to the dedication of the Whittier statue and say they want to sing the eyes, the vast majority of players will most likely stay.  I'm talking Ricky, Earl, Vince, and descendants of Whittier.  

Honestly I see the players staying out for it and throwing up the hook em with team mates but not singing. After a win do you really not want to celebrate with fans and teammates?

9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Why not just tear RLM down.

That place sucked just as much as the real dude

As a math major I took probability there in the fall of '72 and it was the PMA building. Yep, the Physics, Math, Astronomy building. It was named after R L Moore the next fall. 

5 hours ago, futureman said:

you think juwan mitchell is standing with his horns up during the eyes?  sure would be nice. 

Don’t care if they “sing” it or not.  If they have their Horns up and their head is nodding...I’m good with that.

7 hours ago, speed817 said:

I still haven't been inside.  Current and future students will never understand the camaraderie built when cramming for EE316 on the 3rd floor of the old ENS 😆

I'm pretty sure I finished EE316 in the shortest number of days that was possible-- because that's how long I waited to get started on it.  

It also turned out to be one of my favorite classes and shaped the direction of my career in many ways.

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Just saying the team will decide how they deal with this.Not you and me on this sight.

Sorry if you couldn't figure that out.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Props to the Jamail family for doing this.  Think this surprise was very special.  Really made my day.

Edited by cochamps

11 hours ago, speed817 said:

I still haven't been inside.  Current and future students will never understand the camaraderie built when cramming for EE316 on the 3rd floor of the old ENS 😆

There's a special kind of camaraderie built when cramming in the ACA (portable in front of ENS as it was torn down). Probably different but also something that is shared by very few people.

3 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

When the hell did Trump die??

Would that it were so....

2 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

There's a special kind of camaraderie built when cramming in the ACA (portable in front of ENS as it was torn down). Probably different but also something that is shared by very few people.

There’s a special kind of camaraderie built when cramming in your mother. This is shared by most of humanity. 

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Rushed for 1,000+ yards in all three of his varsity seasons under DKR.

Chris Gilbert was a bad ass for sure.

10 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sorry man, ya’ll had Columbus, but the  mob rules against Catholics and explorers.

7 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Just saying the team will decide how they deal with this.Not you and me on this sight.

Sorry if you couldn't figure that out.

*syte

12 hours ago, Apex73 said:

The only thing I have to say is thank God our players and students have more sense than a lot of the fucking idiots on this board.  I'm sure this isn't the last we've heard of this forever but at least both sides have shown they can listen and have come to a compromise.  Anyone who can't see that has their heads shoved firmly up their own ass.  I support Sterns in not singing if that's what he chooses.  I have no problem with that whatsoever.  Just glad that it's not a required change for everyone else who believes the song is special.  Once again, just because YOU feel that something is bad doesn't mean that everyone shares that opinion and should have to bow to your demands and I think they get that.  Good on both sides for listening and coming to a compromise.  Now let's put all this behind us for now and play some football.  Hook Em.

Sorry dude, I hit the wrong reaction button on this post. Meant to hit the “Like” button. 

8 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Then that building must’ve really sucked. 

Pine logs weren’t kiln dried.

18 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yes, it's a vast improvement.  But that's not the one I was talking about.  My daughter is inclined toward math and science and computers, I'm hopeful she'll follow in my footsteps and become a UTEE as well, and get to enjoy the new building.  :)  

(on full scholarship, of course.  Otherwise ACC is looking pretty good!)

Selling computer parts not what it used to be, I guess?

13 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Selling computer parts not what it used to be, I guess?

Actually business is great, more people need computers to work from home now, than ever before!

11 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Reading between the lines but doesn't seem like Charles is fully on board with the Eyes staying.

Aight. As long as the current team is happy w the compromise, he can go ahead and feel grumpy.

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Aight. As long as the current team is happy w the compromise, he can go ahead and feel grumpy.

He's entitled to his opinion. 

Just now, texifornia said:

Never said he wasn't.

Oh I know.

But I'm for sure thinking someone is going to say something about it. 

53 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Reading between the lines but doesn't seem like Charles is fully on board with the Eyes staying.

Yea I mean he has every right to feel that way but I never heard about him having any beef with it when he was here.  Maybe I missed something but I never expected everyone to be fully on board with it staying.  

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh I know.

But I'm for sure thinking someone is going to say something about it. 

You mean like you just did?  The people that comment on what he said are entitled their opinion too.

38 minutes ago, stone oak said:

Friendly reminder that this titty baby threw an embarrassing as fuck toddler tantrum on national televsion after we lost to Kansas because Strong was (rightfully) getting fired.

He can fuck off.

Damn, I had forgotten about that.

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Don’t care if they “sing” it or not.  If they have their Horns up and their head is nodding...I’m good with that.

Hell I'll just sing it twice as loud in my living room to make up for it.

11 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'm pretty sure I finished EE316 in the shortest number of days that was possible-- because that's how long I waited to get started on it.  

It also turned out to be one of my favorite classes and shaped the direction of my career in many ways.

Oh my god, fuck that class for being self-paced. This post gave me PTSD. I hate you.

I think it's hilarious that people hold sacred a song that's just new lyrics set to "I've been working on the railroad." Why would anyone give a shit if the players sing the Eyes or if they go back to the locker room while the fans sing it?