attempt to assassinate a federal judge?

Gil Bang

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And, let's be clear -- Federal judges have HUNDREDS of cases on their dockets.  You can find something politically juicy for most any of them, particularly in NY or DC.  It's the nature of the biz.  But, the folks most likely to try to kill a judge remain drug cases, cases involving deeply personal disputes/vendettas, that sort of thing.

I'll wait and see what shakes out here.  But if the DOJ half-asses the investigation, that will tell us something all by itself.

Agreed.  To clarify, she is a judge in the District of New Jersey--based in Newark.

And, let's be clear -- Federal judges have HUNDREDS of cases on their dockets.  You can find something politically juicy for most any of them, particularly in NY or DC.  It's the nature of the biz.  But, the folks most likely to try to kill a judge remain drug cases, cases involving deeply personal disputes/vendettas, that sort of thing.
I'll wait and see what shakes out here.  But if the DOJ half-asses the investigation, that will tell us something all by itself.

I hear Kevin Bacon is potentially linked to this.
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

"Yes....the suspect apparently shot himself.  4 times.  In the back of the head.  A tragic suicide."

Note: I'm just posting that for fun.  Thus far, this indeed appears to be what it most often is -- a deeply personal vendetta, involving some pretty tortured emotions, NOT a conspiracy to shut down a blockbuster case.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1

I am seeing an extremely interesting defensiveness regarding the participants in Jeffrey Epstein's child rape scheme. The concept of drug dealers taking out a criminal defense attorney is no more or less "conspiratorial" than the concept of powerful people taking out a judge looking into money laundering and child sex that might connect to them, but I don't see the same defensive reaction regarding the supposition that the husband was the ultimate target.

If anyone believes this was just some kind of random killing by a bored guy with a gun, I've got a bridge to sell them.

I am seeing an extremely interesting defensiveness regarding the participants in Jeffrey Epstein's child rape scheme. The concept of drug dealers taking out a criminal defense attorney is no more or less "conspiratorial" than the concept of powerful people taking out a judge looking into money laundering and child sex that might connect to them, but I don't see the same defensive reaction regarding the supposition that the husband was the ultimate target.
If anyone believes this was just some kind of random killing by a bored guy with a gun, I've got a bridge to sell them.

Reptiles. Book it.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why the disguise if he was just going to off himself afterwards? They would have likely answered the door regardless, right? Gated entry maybe?

Not a gated neighborhood. Disguise likely because he didn’t want judge to recognize him and not open door. 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not a gated neighborhood. Disguise likely because he didn’t want judge to recognize him and not open door. 

That tends to make the most sense. They haven’t yet said who the target was. Or many details about how the shooting went down. Not to Nancy Drew this but typically when someone goes to that much trouble they usually hit the target they are after. Not saying that is the case here. Obviously there was a disguise. There have been cases like this (not the same M.O.) where someone disgruntled decides to go after a Judge. I can think of four off the top of my head.

36 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't believe it was random. But, the theory that this was because the judge was assigned a case less than a week ago doesn't make sense. Judges doesn't investigate. Getting a recently assigned judge off a case just means a new judge gets assigned. It doesn't end the case. It doesn't end the investigation. Hell, we don't even have enough time for the particular judge to have made any ruling in the case (or frankly, to even be made aware that the case was on her docket). I guess you could make the argument that some powerful player knew this particular judge would be bad for them in that case, but that seems to be a stretch. 

It is much more likely that either (a) someone had a prior grudge with judge (in this case, apparently an attorney that had a case before the judge) or (b) someone had a grudge with the husband (in this case, a competing criminal defense attorney or former employee).  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Did losing the case ruin this guys life? Did his losing cartel client kill his family?

That's a lot of hate for a losing case.

He's a "mens-rights" attorney. Lots of hate is a requirement for that.

Hollander described himself on his website as an anti-feminist. “Now is the time for all good men to fight for their rights before they have no rights left,” it said.

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I don't believe it was random. But, the theory that this was because the judge was assigned a case less than a week ago doesn't make sense. Judges doesn't investigate. Getting a recently assigned judge off a case just means a new judge gets assigned. It doesn't end the case. It doesn't end the investigation. Hell, we don't even have enough time for the particular judge to have made any ruling in the case (or frankly, to even be made aware that the case was on her docket). I guess you could make the argument that some powerful player knew this particular judge would be bad for them in that case, but that seems to be a stretch. 

It is much more likely that either (a) someone had a prior grudge with judge (in this case, apparently an attorney that had a case before the judge) or (b) someone had a grudge with the husband (in this case, a competing criminal defense attorney or former employee).  

The Epstein connection is extremely tenuous. The case she was just assigned is a shareholder derivative case, suing some execs for the bank's failure to meet compliance requirements regarding some Epstein accounts. It's not like he's still alive and she's handling a criminal prosecution against him.

• Like 1

For our conspiracy friends:

Today is the 27th anniversary of Vince Foster being found dead in Fort Marcy Park.

So maybe the Illuminati killed Charlie Daniels, or maybe the murderer of Salas' son knows how to troll.

Edit:  Thank you Foosters, for tipping us off that the murderer was Dutch:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gunman-ambushes-nj-federal-judge-esther-salas-husband-mark-anderl-and-son-at-home?ref=home

...The gunman who shot the husband and son of a federal judge in New Jersey is believed to be a lawyer and men’s rights activist who was found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound hours later, two law-enforcement sources told The Daily Beast.

Roy Den Hollander was discovered in the upstate New York town of Rockland, the sources said. He had a case—a challenge to the military’s male-only draft—pending before Salas, according to court documents.

Hollander described himself on his website as an anti-feminist. “Now is the time for all good men to fight for their rights before they have no rights left,” it said.

His family could not be reached for comment....

Edited by clapclapclap
Also, Michael Caine could not be reached for comment.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I want to believe that we still live in a world that if a federal judge who sent a mafioso and his wife to the slammer gets her house shot up then La Cosa Nostra should be the forgone conclusion.  

In that world,  they keep the cannoli. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

For our conspiracy friends:

Today is the 27th anniversary of Vince Foster being found dead in Fort Marcy Park.

So maybe the Illuminati killed Charlie Daniels, or maybe the murderer of Salas' son knows how to troll.

Edit:  Thank you Foosters, for tipping us off that the murderer was Dutch:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gunman-ambushes-nj-federal-judge-esther-salas-husband-mark-anderl-and-son-at-home?ref=home

...The gunman who shot the husband and son of a federal judge in New Jersey is believed to be a lawyer and men’s rights activist who was found dead of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound hours later, two law-enforcement sources told The Daily Beast.

Roy Den Hollander was discovered in the upstate New York town of Rockland, the sources said. He had a case—a challenge to the military’s male-only draft—pending before Salas, according to court documents.

His family could not be reached for comment....

There a lot of overlap between these types and racist types, so could also be that not only was she female but Hispanic, and likely gave him a result he didn't like, so took him over the edge.

16 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

So....another broken-brained incel type.  Shock and surprise.

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Holy shit. Dude was batshit crazy. 

http://www.roydenhollander.com/main/index.htm

But that's an weird ass hill to die on.

Incels will erect a statue in his honor. When women visit the statue, it'll be the closest any women have ever been to anything they've erected, amirite?

Edited by crash_davis

Not sure what happened at this point. And I’m not all in on the conspiracy theories. But odd that a disgruntled attorney waited five years for revenge. He hadn’t appeared before Salas since 2015. There has to be more to this. I’m not saying the more Is some Epstein conspiracy theory, revenge from the Russian mafia for some other case (shooter had Russian connections), revenge against the husband, or something else entirely.

what a little bitch.

"This trilogy of lawsuits for men's rights makes clear that there are now two classes of people in America:  one of princesses--females, and the other of servants--males.  Governments, from local to state to federal, treat men as second class citizens whose rights can be violated with impunity when it benefits females.  Need I say the courts are prejudiced, need I say they are useless, need I say it’s time for men to take the law into their hands?

"[H]istory shows that people have a way of not being willing to bear oppressive grievances without protest.  Such protests, when bottomed upon facts, lead almost inevitably to an irresistible popular demand for either a redress of those grievances or a change in the Government."  Communist Party v. Subversive Activities Control Bd., 367 U.S. 1, 167 (Justice Black dissenting).

More detailed summary of the three anti- Feminist cases

Case against Obamite Bigots

In a corollary proceeding against the N.Y.C. Commission on Human Rights, or HR, middle-aged Euro-American guys fair no better before government agencies that are suppose to protect human rights.  Even though all our ancestors originated in Africa and none of us have control over the passage of time, PC ideology deems those whose ancestors spent more time in a temperate climate than a tropical climate and any middle-aged guy chasing a pretty young skirt as nonhuman and lacking in rights.

Bimbo Book Burners from Down Under

An episode in Australia demonstrates the loss of freedoms for which so many men and very few females have sacrificed.  The University of South Australia was going to offer a men’s studies course taught by a few professors and myself online.  My section was on men and the law.  As soon as a couple of Feminist reporters heard about the course, they jumped on their broomsticks and scared the administrators of the University into canceling the course’s development by ranting we had been “published on radical men’s rights websites” and “linked to extreme views on men’s rights.” 

In 1933 at a university book burning, Joseph Goebbels said, “The era of extreme Jewish intellectualism is now at an end.”  As this episode illustrates, Western culture is now saying the same about any intellectualism that is not pro-Feminist—assuming there’s anything intellectual about Feminism.

Conclusion

In all these cases, I tried to use the courts to fight the malignant ideology that has mutated half of the American population into automatons of the PC/Feminist collective.  But it was no use--the courts were already infected."

Edited by crash_davis

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Going on on a limb here...He might be crazy. 

On firearms:

Firearms

A girl’s tongue is her gun, so why should men disarm unless females are muzzled.

The section right after that is "Free Speech"

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, lemonlime said:

Not sure what happened at this point. And I’m not all in on the conspiracy theories. But odd that a disgruntled attorney waited five years for revenge. He hadn’t appeared before Salas since 2015. There has to be more to this. I’m not saying the more Is some Epstein conspiracy theory, revenge from the Russian mafia for some other case (shooter had Russian connections), revenge against the husband, or something else entirely.

I don’t think it’s odd someone would wait five years. OCD type with other personality disorders. Is what it sounds like but again no idea who the target was. There was a case where a Judge and his wife were shot all over a person stealing computer equipment. Meaning the shooter stole it and a while after decided to get revenge. Usually it’s money or love. The reasons. Revenge usually comes into play somehow. 

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

There a lot of overlap between these types and racist types, so could also be that not only was she female but Hispanic, and likely gave him a result he didn't like, so took him over the edge.

According to this Jezebel article about him from 2008, the "Everything I Don't Like or Don't Know Must Be Racist" theory may not apply here:

https://jezebel.com/nyc-attorney-out-to-reclaim-his-ex-wife-from-feminisms-5038521

He says, post-divorce, "I tend to be attracted to black and Latin chicks, and Asian chicks,"

More:

About eight years ago, Roy Den Hollander was living the high life. He'd just returned to New York from a decade working in Russia with a pretty, young, docile Russian bride in tow and was set to live the high life. Then he found out what all his friends and acquaintances in Russia knew but hadn't told him (and I know, because I called some of them and asked): that she'd married him for her green card and his money and set on about divorcing him. He admits that he's still bitter [quelle surprise], which is why he spends all his time these days filing "antifeminist" lawsuits, to try to rid the world of feminism so that in twenty years he can marry a wife untainted by some foolish idea that she is his intellectual equal or better and so that, in the mean time, he can get laid more cheaply. Yeah, he's the same guy that filed lawsuits against bars and clubs that have "Ladies Nights."

World Problem

The key problem facing the world is over population and the key cause of over population is selfish females. Girls want above all else, except money, children. It’s a key driving force for them, not so for most men who want a career.

Yeah, this guy never got laid and he's blaming the world for it.

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Holy shit. Dude was batshit crazy. 

http://www.roydenhollander.com/main/index.htm

But that's an weird ass hill to die on.

Incels will erect a statue in his honor. When women visit the statue, it'll be the closest any women have ever been to anything they've erected, amirite?

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Yeah.....no....read some of the shit on his website.

The only mystery here is how he hadn't snapped and done something like this years ago.

• Like 2