Jump to content
texifornia

2022 WR Phaizon Wilson

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why is IT not that excited about this guy?

I'm not sure they're not big on Wilson - I think they just didn't have a writeup ready so they had to come out with a pretty bare bones article.

He doesn't have a lot of game production since he's only had two years at Lancaster, which always has some pretty great WRs, so that's one reason they might not have seen him much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why is IT not that excited about this guy?

Because they have a blistering case of bitchass

They probably didn’t have anyone at the Pylon 7on7 championships/tournaments — where Wilson was dominant against 4 and 5 star DBs a year older than he is, and who have a ton more game experience. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm not sure they're not big on Wilson - I think they just didn't have a writeup ready so they had to come out with a pretty bare bones article.

He doesn't have a lot of game production since he's only had two years at Lancaster, which always has some pretty great WRs, so that's one reason they might not have seen him much.

Eric posted this in February. I'm guessing he's still going off of this opinion 

"Did some research on Phaizon Wilson and he might be a tight end long-term. A HS coach in the area says he’s a bit stiff and lacks burst."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Eric posted this in February. I'm guessing he's still going off of this opinion 

"Did some research on Phaizon Wilson and he might be a tight end long-term. A HS coach in the area says he’s a bit stiff and lacks burst."

Even if he's "a bit stiff and lacks burst," I'm guessing a guy who's big, high points the ball and has sticky hands can contribute in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Even if he's "a bit stiff and lacks burst," I'm guessing a guy who's big, high points the ball and has sticky hands can contribute in some way.

I don't have an opinion about Phaizon, although in general I side with Herman's evals. As far as slower target WRs go, I still don't get the Cain take, but I also didn't get Omeire before he got a lot more explosive his senior year, so hopefully that happens with Cain if he doesn't get pushed out of the class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Even if he's "a bit stiff and lacks burst," I'm guessing a guy who's big, high points the ball and has sticky hands can contribute in some way.

Unless he’s an Epps. Let’s hope he’s a Humphrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:


Unless he’s an Epps. Let’s hope he’s a Humphrey.

Epps has tremendous talent but is remarkably soft, and I don't think a whole lot of people saw that aspect at first. As long as Phaizon has that dawg in him, he'll be awesome here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...