Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here we go again. When we all meet up before the Louisiana game for the Surly Sprint-off, bring your measuring tape, salon shears and your significant other. After you dust me in the forty, I'll let you cut my man bun off, and then take a photo of you standing tall over my tiny frame with my hideous woman and your smoking hot lady friend, and you can post the photo on Surly and have me mocked forever.

"That GRHorn," they'll say, "he's an American bad ass."

"Yeah, and who knew that closetojumping was Danny Devito in real life? Didn't see that one coming."

I only know of your height and man bun from Sydney’s pic of you in some Houston clubhouse. 

And you talked big with somebody else about having a foot race before the LSU game. To my knowledge that spectacle never occurred. 

1 minute ago, Born Burnt said:

Now I'll hear DeVito's voice every time I read your posts. Not that that's a bad thing.

I've patterned most of my mannerisms and voice inflections as an adult after his role as "Ralph - the antiquities smuggler" from Romancing the Stone, considered by most aficionados as his cinematic tour de force.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've patterned most of my mannerisms and voice inflections as an adult after his role as "Ralph - the antiquities smuggler" from Romancing the Stone, considered by most aficionados as his cinematic tour de force.

Peak Kathleen Turner.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here we go again. When we all meet up before the Louisiana game for the Surly Sprint-off, bring your measuring tape, salon shears and your significant other. After you dust me in the forty, I'll let you cut my man bun off, and then take a photo of you standing tall over my tiny frame with my hideous woman and your smoking hot lady friend, and you can post the photo on Surly and have me mocked forever.

"That GRHorn," they'll say, "he's an American bad ass."

"Yeah, and who knew that closetojumping was Danny Devito in real life? Didn't see that one coming."

747617-D7-E939-41-A1-B963-5-A4-FA0129-AA

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fucking Monkey Pole Assassins might be a cool name for a band. 

Normally, I wouldn't type this, but as its my birthday, I feel privileged not to have been fucking crowd sourced off this board. I think it is fabulous. Enjoying the hell out of it. Not to mention we have better scoop and obviously more fun than the other boards. IMO. At least I am having fun. Which is all that really matters. Lol. 

Happy Birthday.  Enjoyed your contributions to the Urb or bust page.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Fucking Monkey Pole Assassins might be a cool name for a band. 

Normally, I wouldn't type this, but as its my birthday, I feel privileged not to have been fucking crowd sourced off this board. I think it is fabulous. Enjoying the hell out of it. Not to mention we have better scoop and obviously more fun than the other boards. IMO. At least I am having fun. Which is all that really matters. Lol. 

stripping damon wayans jr GIFHappy Birthday Party GIF by visualbrandExcited Happy Birthday GIFBirthday Cake GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

My GF went to FSU.   I took her to the FSU NC game at the Rose Bowl.  She had a ton of friends that came out, so we went hit several tailgates.   At one of them, it came up that I'm a Texas fan.  A guy started talking to me about Mack...Dude is a lawyer in Tampa.   Said that they were frat bros, and remain good friends, and still speak a few times a year.   He lowers his voice and says  something like "I'm sure that you think he's a great recruiter, but Mack recruiting pussy for himself back then puts Mack recruiting football players to shame".

67e2633c.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

How would that work? Why bring in a guy that either got fired for cause or has the cloud of a NCAA investigation over his head that was just bought out.... love the idea in principle, but like Banks, holy fuck there is some baggage 

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB now floating Jeremy Pruitt as a potential DC name.

I would love it but this sounds extremely far fetched. Isn't he going to get caught up in all the bullshit with their investigation and scandal?

If Pruitt is even an option you throw a blank fucking check at him and Ayers (to come be his co-DC / CB coach) and you call if a done fucking deal. Even if you have to blow apart the coordinator pay record by a cool mill. Just not sure the Fake-UT shit will be resolved quickly enough for us to be able to wait and see how it plays out. 

6 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

How would that work? Why bring in a guy that either got fired for cause or has the cloud of a NCAA investigation over his head that was just bought out.... love the idea in principle, but like Banks, holy fuck there is some baggage 

Texas already hired Bo Davis. I don't think they care about baggage. 

5 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I would love it but this sounds extremely far fetched. Isn't he going to get caught up in all the bullshit with their investigation and scandal?

If Pruitt is even an option you throw a blank fucking check at him and Ayers (to come be his co-DC / CB coach) and you call if a done fucking deal. Even if you have to blow apart the coordinator pay record by a cool mill. Just not sure the Fake-UT shit will be resolved quickly enough for us to be able to wait and see how it plays out. 

Can't edit anymore~ meant Ansley, not Ayers. I always mix up those two names. 

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Pruitt does sound far fetched.  Unless Sark knows something about him being let go very soon, I can’t believe he’d wait until the Tennessee stuff is over to hire a DC.  

Tennessee just hired Kevin Steele in an as-yet unnamed role during a supposed hiring freeze, and the assumption is Pruitt is out. Question is whether he'll be too tarred up by the investigation stuff for Texas to consider, assuming he's done at Tenn.