Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

7 minutes ago, El Squared said:

Is CDC trying to "reform" or "turn" FCB ? WTF is up w/ giving this running sore any info except nonsense--the hit piece writer who basically hates the program. 

Do not like this approach at all from him, even if it is "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" strategy. He is in the UT Hall Of Douche, along w/ Kork Bowels, Kork Herpstreet, & Lowell Galindo IMO.

Its because he has taken FCB to heel. He is regurgitating everything exactly as CDC says it because he has been cut off from all other sources

37 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Its because he has taken FCB to heel. He is regurgitating everything exactly as CDC says it because he has been cut off from all other sources

Well, that's because he fucking sucks. 

Edited by Bigbend1812
and he is fucking sucking at his job.

The Eagles are a dumpster fire right now. But by all means, take that job (rumors are they reached out to Lincoln but he probably was like no. No no no no)

still no word on anything? Is anyone taking bets on the DC? I always get $10 on my bday from my uncle! Let’s go! Place ur bets! Lol. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Haven’t been able to follow this thread as much as I would like this morning. Really appreciate all the intel being posted as well as information from other sites.

Just working but today is my birthday. Lulz. Born on the 13th, ha! 

I was really impressed with Sarks PC yesterday even though it was an intro. I am excited about this season of football. Glad to see all the deliberation going into the hiring of the DC. Thanks for all the information! H

Happy birthday!  Mine, too-but I think I have bunch of Panhandle years on you-

Those intro press conferences are interesting, hope we don’t have to parse another one for many years, Sark impressed me, too.  Hell, I was all in on Strong and Herman both, so I obviously know nothing.

All this defensive alignment talk is making my head hurt...............

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

The Eagles are a dumpster fire right now. But by all means, take that job (rumors are they reached out to Lincoln but he probably was like no. No no no no)

still no word on anything? Is anyone taking bets on the DC? I always get $10 on my bday from my uncle! Let’s go! Place ur bets! Lol. 

I wonder if this could help with Donovan Jackson (signed) and Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

LOL! Nah, I just want Leon Fuller's clone to become DC.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horn Draoi said:

Those intro press conferences are interesting, hope we don’t have to parse another one for many years, Sark impressed me, too.  Hell, I was all in on Strong and Herman both, so I obviously know nothing.

I distinctly recall thinking that Strong had an utter lack of ability to string two sentences together, but figured it would be "fine" because his Louisville teams showed he had a real nose for talent.  I recall being very impressed by Herman's (especially in comparison to Strong's) and thinking that he said all the right things.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I distinctly recall thinking that Strong had an utter lack of ability to string two sentences together, but figured it would be "fine" because his Louisville teams showed he had a real nose for talent.  I recall being very impressed by Herman's (especially in comparison to Strong's) and thinking that he said all the right things.

No Katfid though?

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Your uncle either doesn't understand or completely ignores the concept of inflation. Happy Birthday by the way!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Yeah I don't remember thinking Herman's PC was bad. After coach potato it was a breath of fresh air that he knew how to actually deliver a speech. 

Of course, him repeating the exact same phrases to diminishing effect for four years really took the shine off that.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Yep.  Tom was the opposite of Charlie.  Said the right things in the right ways.  Who knew he was a phony. 

4 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Meh, Herman harped on how they would be mentally and physically tougher and how that would lead to success.  Basically echo'd his playcalling philosophy/overall strategy of the next few years, he knew better than everyone else etc.  

Sark actually used the word humble and made mention that they'll always be looking for the next detail to get an edge.  Struck me as being smart, whereas Herman seemed like a meathead who thought he was smart.  I'm still waiting on the rest of coaches to be announced before I let myself get hopeful we're on the way out of the desert though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Yeah, how a coach speaks I have now learned it means nothing. The best ones are quite often assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, drt said:

Meh, Herman harped on how they would be mentally and physically tougher and how that would lead to success.  Basically echo'd his playcalling philosophy/overall strategy of the next few years, he knew better than everyone else etc.  

Sark actually used the word humble and made mention that they'll always be looking for the next detail to get an edge.  Struck me as being smart, whereas Herman seemed like a meathead who thought he was smart.  I'm still waiting on the rest of coaches to be announced before I let myself get hopeful we're on the way out of the desert though.

This is all fine and good in hindsight.  But no one was thinking/posting this at the time.

Happy birthday!

Now, let’s see you open some of the PMs Surlyites have sent you. That would be entertaining, and a thread all its own! Perverts.

Saw somewhere that Ryan Day is also a candidate for the Eagles. Food for thought.

What is your position on the 3 man front and pick for DC?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Herman was an improvement.  The program is in better shape than when he got here.

Biggest problem was that he seemed to be running the program based mostly on his experience at Ohio State with Urban Meyer so that when changes needed to be made he didn't have any answers.

Sark talked about doing it his way in his press conference.  No way to know if he can deliver on that yet.

I think he is a good bet but no sure thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Happy birthday!

Now, let’s see you open some of the PMs Surlyites have sent you. That would be entertaining, and a thread all its own! Perverts.

Saw somewhere that Ryan Day is also a candidate for the Eagles. Food for thought.

I am for the front that is the most popular with surly posters (ha! Ducks and hides). I think Sark will pick the best available candidate for the job. Lots of rumors out there. Hearing a little about Arnett. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I could see keeping Ash, or hiring Muschamp or even a name no one has mentioned. 

FWIW, I really do like what Arizona is doing. Like their new HC and the staff he is assembling. 

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

3 man front is a good name for a 3 dog night cover band. 

It’s also the name of the fluffer group for south austin’s mom. 

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

And then have sex with it?

well, yeah. We weren’t paying for all those dinners just out of the kindness of our hearts.

I am for the front that is the most popular with surly posters (ha! Ducks and hides). I think Sark will pick the best available candidate for the job. Lots of rumors out there. Hearing a little about Arnett. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I could see keeping Ash, or hiring Muschamp or even a name no one has mentioned. 

FWIW, I really do like what Arizona is doing. Like their new HC and the staff he is assembling. 

What, no Nicole44s Birthday PMs thread of Dominance!

I haz disappoint!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

6A69ED82-1A55-4C01-8F3F-B7733A67C14C.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Haven’t been able to follow this thread as much as I would like this morning. Really appreciate all the intel being posted as well as information from other sites.

Just working but today is my birthday. Lulz. Born on the 13th, ha! 

I was really impressed with Sarks PC yesterday even though it was an intro. I am excited about this season of football. Glad to see all the deliberation going into the hiring of the DC. Thanks for all the information! H

Happy Birthday 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Happy birthday!

Put me in the Ryan Day will never win the big one category.  I won't go as far as to say he's a fraud but imo he is only marginally better than Herman.  He was left with a solid infrastructure and talent.  That school is recruiting itself right now.  He has that going for him.

• Like 1