Sheldon Adelson has died.

Hugo Stiglitz

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to Sheldon Adelson has died.

This toad singlehandedly made sure that the democrats got destroyed in both 2010 and 2014 midterms.

thankfully, Actblue has helped us overcome their competitive advantage. Hopefully his wife isn’t as into politics as old Sheldon. She will probably still donate some, but let’s hope it’s not as much as the toad threw around.

Would love to see data on the average/median age of high-impact donors by party.  Would also like to see data on financials of companies who donate to the GOP vs Democrats.

I don’t wish death on anyone and I don’t like speaking ill of the dead, but based on what I have read I just don’t think Sheldon Adelson was a very good person.

20 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

let's be real - the world immediately becomes a bit of a better place every time a Republican leaves it. 

in many cases, such as this one, a lot better.

Specifically rich Republican mega donors. The poors wackos can't get any traction without them.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

At least he lived long enough to watch Republicans lose everything

Yep. He sure did spend a whole shitload of money to help destroy the country and in 40 years turn it from the most admired in the world to a joke and laughingstock. What a great legacy to leave. 

Sheldon was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and spending millions of dollars to destroy the country, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many old men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Sheldon, although he was pretty damn old. Sheldon, who loved bowling, and spending tons of money destroying the country. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1