UAP Pentagon Report (UFOs, Foo Fighters, Commie Drones)

Doc Reeves

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Anyone got a link to the doc that was released today?  All I can find is 9 page summary that doesn't tell us much.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/25/22550575/pentagon-ufo-uap-unclassified-report-congress

Here's the full report:

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/assessments/Prelimary-Assessment-UAP-20210625.pdf

Am I the only one that believes in aliens and doesn't really care?  I don't think they really care.  They are probably just keeping an eye on our dumbasses to make sure we don't get smart enough to destroy them.  They don't seem to really bother us.  Let's focus on our own stupid shit.

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Am I the only one that believes in aliens and doesn't really care?  I don't think they really care.  They are probably just keeping an eye on our dumbasses to make sure we don't get smart enough to destroy them.  They don't seem to really bother us.  Let's focus on our own stupid shit.

Man I hope it’s aliens. If it’s the Russians or Chinese we’re fucked.

45 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I bet there are some folks in congress who are pissed. They basically took the cheapest, easiest way out. I'm pretty sure that would be a failing grade from any competent teacher given the assignment. 

They also invented UAP because in the future they may try to move the narrative from “object” to “phenomenon”, and possibly begin to say that the sightings are just projections and not actually a physical object present in the sky.

On 5/18/2021 at 7:51 PM, Pods said:

Who knew Australopithecines, Neanderthals and Denisovians used their stone tools to also create a Space Force?

Consider the technological advances made over the last 2,500 years.

If Neanderthals vanished 40,000 years ago, your statements in no way refute the hypothesis that an advanced civilization of Homo sapiens flourished and then vanished. The time frame suggests there could possibly have been multiple such civilizations.

Vedic medicine lowered my uric acid from very high to low normal in one month. Western medicine can’t do that. I had been taking Allopurinol for many years, had my blood tested yearly, and kept hearing I should give up beer. One year, a month before my next blood test, I tried the Vedic remedy (equal parts lemon juice, apple cider vinegar (with the ‘mother’ bacteria,) and honey, totaling one ounce, first thing every morning.) A month later, my results were low normal. Allopurinol has helped to keep my uric acid low. But it didn’t reduce it like the vinegar concoction. And I still drink too much beer. I still eat nightshades. And shellfish.

Point being, whoever wrote the vedas were more advanced in this one way, at least, than we are.

Aliens? Fuck if I know. Other than there are plenty of creation myths which involve beings that come from the sky. (Before Ancient Aliens, there was Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell).

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

If Neanderthals vanished 40,000 years ago, your statements in no way refute the hypothesis that an advanced civilization of Homo sapiens flourished and then vanished. The time frame suggests there could possibly have been multiple such civilizations.

You're either trolling, rolling on something good and should share with the rest of us, or have been seriously misinformed by someone you trust, but either way, I'll respond as if you're serious one time.

A hypothesis is something that makes a predictive statement AND that can be falsified.  That means it makes predictions that can be tested.

Let's test your hypothesis against the null hypothesis.

Null Hypothesis H:0 Modern humans evolved from stone age cultures and did not possess advanced technology. 

Alternative Hypothesis H:1 Ancient humans and/or ancestor species possessed advanced technology.

Now we look at the fossil and archaeological record to see if there is any evidence of these two hypotheses. It turns out, there is a rich fossil and archaeological record that supports the null hypothesis that modern humans evolved from stone age cultures and did not possess advanced technology. There is no evidence supporting your hypothesis, it is all conjecture and some stuff taken out of context by people that are intentionally misleading in many cases. While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, it is strongly suggesting when large quantities of data have been collected and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.     

I don't expect that this has convinced you, because I suspect you are pretty attached to the idea and people don't like to give up their worldview when they are attached to something like this, but I would encourage you to actually look at the facts as detached and clinically as you can. The evidence is overwhelming. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Now we look at the fossil and archaeological record to see if there is any evidence of these two hypotheses. It turns out, there is a rich fossil and archaeological record that supports the null hypothesis that modern humans evolved from stone age cultures and did not possess advanced technology. There is no evidence supporting your hypothesis, it is all conjecture and some stuff taken out of context by people that are intentionally misleading in many cases. While absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, it is strongly suggesting when large quantities of data have been collected and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.     

I don't expect that this has convinced you, because I suspect you are pretty attached to the idea and people don't like to give up their worldview when they are attached to something like this, but I would encourage you to actually look at the facts as detached and clinically as you can. The evidence is overwhelming. 

The evidence is overwhelming about what?  

1 hour ago, Pods said:

You're either trolling, rolling on something good and should share with the rest of us, or have been seriously misinformed by someone you trust, but either way, I'll respond as if you're serious one time.

A hypothesis is something that makes a predictive statement AND that can be falsified.  That means it makes predictions that can be tested.

Null Hypothesis H:0 Modern humans evolved from stone age cultures and did not possess advanced technology. 

Alternative Hypothesis H:1 Ancient humans and/or ancestor species possessed advanced technology.

Great post, it makes logical sense.  What's the fossil record expressed as a % as you go back into prehistory ?

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Great post, it makes logical sense.  What's the fossil record expressed as a % as you go back into prehistory ?

I don't know a percentage, but for organic material, preservation is a fairly rare event. Organic stuff usually decays when it dies and is broken down pretty quickly. It takes a lot of things for organic fossils to be preserved and found. The animal has to die in an area where sediments will bury it quickly, near a river is great. It then has to not be eroded back out in the past. Someone that knows what it is has to come along and find it while the fossil is eroding out. They have to have the money and crew to dig it up, take it back to a museum or university and spend a lot of money preparing and preserving the fossil. That said, there are still lots of skeletons in museum collections that did preserve and were recorded. 

Non-organic material typically preserves much better. It's not unusual to find artifacts in association with human skeletons. Anthropologists/Archaelogists have recovered shit tons of stone tools, bone tools, shell tools, even some organic tools. Not a trace of these supposedly advanced civilizations, which would have left tons of artifacts if they were real. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, staboner said:

obligatory 

340?cb=20180729170520

Classic example of the problem with trolls. This asshole knows he full of shit and is lying to people who just want to believe in something bigger than themselves, but he makes a fuckload of money and gets a fuckload of attention doing it. We do such a poor job teaching science and critical thinking skills in this country that people fall for this charlatan. 

Motherfucker needs a gibbet. 

2 hours ago, Pods said:

I was high on Texas’ win, but always happily share. Yes, bourbon was in play, too.

Of course I’m not arguing against evolution, but I do believe my hypotheses were both supported with evidence that can be tested.There was time since Neanderthal’s departure for advanced civilizations to grow and to vanish, and  that Vedic medicine remains, in one specific facet, superior to Western medicine. If you suffer from gout and follow my instructions, your uric acid levels will decline without dietary restriction. (This advice has helped several of my acquaintances, as well as myself). Should be an easy thing to prove or disprove, at least, though I expect no one will.  

1 hour ago, PRONG HORN said:

The evidence is overwhelming about what?  

That people making preposterous assertions that aliens have visited our planet can’t produce any evidence that it’s actually happened? Or even offer a logical explanation for how or why it would have? The burden of proof is on them. Unidentified means unidentified. Not alien. Alien would mean identification.

We’re not as significant as we think we are and some people watch too many movies. And that’s coming from someone who’s watched a lot of movies and loves sci-fi but who knows the “fi” stands for “fiction.”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

If it was the Russians or Chinese, we would’ve been fucked a long time ago.

Yup. The technology is so advanced it appears to us as magic. It’s either aliens or humans from the future. Aliens seems more plausible since time travel theory is a bit fucked. 

Yup. The technology is so advanced it appears to us as magic. It’s either aliens or humans from the future. Aliens seems more plausible since time travel theory is a bit fucked. 

I don’t know about that. I recently watched a documentary about time travel and it seemed pretty legit.

539e15ff03c0ba9e541cddeefdd8ca61.jpg
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I was high on Texas’ win, but always happily share. Yes, bourbon was in play, too.

Of course I’m not arguing against evolution, but I do believe my hypotheses were both supported with evidence that can be tested.There was time since Neanderthal’s departure for advanced civilizations to grow and to vanish, and  that Vedic medicine remains, in one specific facet, superior to Western medicine. If you suffer from gout and follow my instructions, your uric acid levels will decline without dietary restriction. (This advice has helped several of my acquaintances, as well as myself). Should be an easy thing to prove or disprove, at least, though I expect no one will.  

You are arguing different things here.

1) Time is irrelevant here, because there is no support for the idea in the fossil and archaeological record. All sorts of things could have happened in the last 40,000 years, but without direct evidence, it's just speculation. 

2) Vedic medicine may well be superior to Western medicine at more than a few things. You may well be right that Vedic medicine is superior to Western medicine at treating gout, but that is evidence of highly effective homeopathic traditions, something that fits in well with the traditional models of human evolution and technological development. It is not evidence for an ancient advanced civilization.

I'm open to the idea, it would be cool as shit. Buildings and artifacts are the evidence that would be required to test your idea. You show me conclusive evidence of that and I'll write the paper and make sure it's in an open access journal so everyone can read it. 

• Like 1

Hypotheses is still the plural of hypothesis, que no? I offered the first in response to the idea that the Neanderthal era somehow precludes such a civilization. I offered the second as an artifact of a possible candidate.

But, if you want an edifice (God is a squid:)

image.png

(Snark. Though a cool picture, amirite)?

Edited by Willfully Horn
Disclaim

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Hypotheses is still the plural of hypothesis, que no? I offered the first in response to the idea that the Neanderthal era somehow precludes such a civilization. I offered the second as an artifact of a possible candidate.

image.png

Again we're crossing wires. Neanderthals do not in any way preclude such a civilization. Neither does any other fossil hominid, hominoid, or any other human ancestor. 

What likely precludes such a civilization is there isn't a single trace of the voluminous artifacts and buildings such a civilization would have created. 

Edited by Pods
It is a cool picture.
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Pods said:

Again we're crossing wires. Neanderthals do not in any way preclude such a civilization. Neither does any other fossil hominid, hominoid, or any other human ancestor. 

What likely precludes such a civilization is there isn't a single trace of the voluminous artifacts and buildings such a civilization would have created. 

I remember reading about the discovery of ceramic artifacts in a Chinese cave, and that carbon dating suggested the artifacts were 20,000 years old, doubling the history, if you will, of ceramic technology. Do you, too, find it odd that 10,000 years of people making clay objects would be overlooked until a unique discovery in a single cave? I’m not saying ceramic technology is incredibly advanced, nor that those folks were widespread, but ceramics is rather durable. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2012-06-pottery-years-chinese-cave.amp

El Diablo here with the hot off the presses Coast-to-Coast AM take. They've been all over this story for some time now as you might well imagine. Night before last the show was hosted by Connie Willis, a science fiction writer and not a kook, she simply panders to them. Her guest was Dan Willis (no relation) and his specialty is disclosure by the government over the past few decades, or more accurately the lack of disclosure. His task on this evening was to construct a timeline detailing governmental knowledge of aliens and the subsequent suppression of that knowledge to the public. He was the kook for this episode.

I was mildly interested when I heard the topic as it was presented in rather bland terms but not long into it he spoke of the Nazi's and their interactions with the alien lizard people in 1934 from whom Germany obtained anti-gravity/net zero power technologies. He then discussed Admiral Byrd going to Antarctica with a fleet of ships to challenge the Nazi's who had established a base there and how that fleet was completely destroyed without Byrd's forces inflicting any damage on the Germans. He lost me at Eisenhower boarding a saucer at an airbase in Ohio to sign a surrender to the aliens. C'mon, those lizard people in Ohio aren't aliens, those are the residents. Anyway, from that point on we've been under the control of various alien races. They secretly run our planet and only a select few have access to them and the true power structure (the Bilderberg clan). Presidents, Directors of the CIA, etc... have all tried to gain access to these secrets to no avail. Our only hope is to partner with the more benevolent aliens who wish to help humans depart this planet and migrate out into the universe. 

True story. 

• Hook 'Em 1

El Diablo here with the hot off the presses Coast-to-Coast AM take. They've been all over this story for some time now as you might well imagine. Night before last the show was hosted by Connie Willis, a science fiction writer and not a kook, she simply panders to them. Her guest was Dan Willis (no relation) and his specialty is disclosure by the government over the past few decades, or more accurately the lack of disclosure. His task on this evening was to construct a timeline detailing governmental knowledge of aliens and the subsequent suppression of that knowledge to the public. He was the kook for this episode.
I was mildly interested when I heard the topic as it was presented in rather bland terms but not long into it he spoke of the Nazi's and their interactions with the alien lizard people in 1934 from whom Germany obtained anti-gravity/net zero power technologies. He then discussed Admiral Byrd going to Antarctica with a fleet of ships to challenge the Nazi's who had established a base there and how that fleet was completely destroyed without Byrd's forces inflicting any damage on the Germans. He lost me at Eisenhower boarding a saucer at an airbase in Ohio to sign a surrender to the aliens. C'mon, those lizard people in Ohio aren't aliens, those are the residents. Anyway, from that point on we've been under the control of various alien races. They secretly run our planet and only a select few have access to them and the true power structure (the Bilderberg clan). Presidents, Directors of the CIA, etc... have all tried to gain access to these secrets to no avail. Our only hope is to partner with the more benevolent aliens who wish to help humans depart this planet and migrate out into the universe. 
True story. 

The one I remember is the guy who went into lengthy detail about the galactic university system, and how some planets specialized in teaching about x, and others in teaching about y, and about how the aliens were really working hard to bring earth into the fold, so we could attend the best universities in the galaxy. It sounded so nice. It would be cool if my son said “yeah, I’m looking at American, George Mason, and the Institute for Galactic Policy on Regulon 6. I may even try to walk on to their baseball team.”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Totally. Who’s to say there wasn’t an advanced culture like ours, that then reverted into Idiocracy, resulting in the Neanderthals or some such, who then began advancing again…leading to us and our own apparent attempt at Idiocracy?
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not a trace of these supposedly advanced civilizations, which would have left tons of artifacts if they were real. 

Ok smarty pants. How bout this idea I just came up with in two seconds. What’s one of our society’s biggest problems? Pollution. Not just air, but stuff like plastics. One of scientist’s big missions right now is developing some sort of material to make plastic waste disappear (return to the earth or into something nontoxic, whatever). Now, if they can solve that problem, who is to say further advances couldn’t be made? Maybe instead of explosive demolition, some microscopic substance can turn a high rise building back in to its raw materials (let’s call them building eaters). What if somebody fucks up and accidentally creates a self-replicating building eater that tears through every bit of an advanced civilization, leaving nothing but metal and mineral deposits across the globe and not a single man-made object survives? Then, over the course of history, the building eaters eventually become inert and dissolve, leaving zero trace of any advanced civilization to be discovered by us?

Did you ever think of that?!? Did you?!?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

image.png

This is mirror image of a column from Gobekli Tepe.  

16 hours ago, Pods said:

Classic example of the problem with trolls. This asshole knows he full of shit and is lying to people who just want to believe in something bigger than themselves, but he makes a fuckload of money and gets a fuckload of attention doing it. We do such a poor job teaching science and critical thinking skills in this country that people fall for this charlatan. 

Motherfucker needs a gibbet. 

woa woa woa... You shut your whore mouth. He is a freaking American treasure. 

See the source image

22 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I remember reading about the discovery of ceramic artifacts in a Chinese cave, and that carbon dating suggested the artifacts were 20,000 years old, doubling the history, if you will, of ceramic technology. Do you, too, find it odd that 10,000 years of people making clay objects would be overlooked until a unique discovery in a single cave? I’m not saying ceramic technology is incredibly advanced, nor that those folks were widespread, but ceramics is rather durable. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2012-06-pottery-years-chinese-cave.amp

It's cool as shit, but it's universes away from an entire ancient advanced civilization that left no trace. 

9 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

woa woa woa... You shut your whore mouth. He is a freaking American treasure. 

See the source image

Science denialism now has a significant body count. Anti-science asshole grifters like this dickbag contributed to that problem. 

21 hours ago, El Diablo said:

True story. 

A story like that has to be true....

Interesting episode of C2CAM tonight, author Martin Keller was on pushing his book but convo mostly revolved around his thoughts on the UAP report and a lifetime of looking into our shared odd experience with the unexplained. Did mention there is some recent video out of UAP's apparently flying into/out of a volcano near Mexico City. @Doc Reeves that sounds like something you might want to dig up and bring to the board. 

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Interesting episode of C2CAM tonight, author Martin Keller was on pushing his book but convo mostly revolved around his thoughts on the UAP report and a lifetime of looking into our shared odd experience with the unexplained. Did mention there is some recent video out of UAP's apparently flying into/out of a volcano near Mexico City. @Doc Reeves that sounds like something you might want to dig up and bring to the board. 

Objects flying in, and out of volcanoes you say ?  Meh... I've seen You Only Live Twice about a million times...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

There are a ton of ufo clips from mexico and South America of weird stuff. This was the only one I could find of the volcano

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1255540/ufo-sighting-video-scott-waring-el-popo-volcano-aliens-alien-city-youtube?jwsource=cl

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

There are a ton of ufo clips from mexico and South America of weird stuff. This was the only one I could find of the volcano

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1255540/ufo-sighting-video-scott-waring-el-popo-volcano-aliens-alien-city-youtube?jwsource=cl

Guess that was it, he mentioned Mt Popo several times. One theory is that the aliens are benevolent and are using their superior technology to prevent the volcano from erupting in a densely populated area. Or aliens just like going in exit holes.