Jump to content

Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - All Gas No Brakes


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this after

I find all of the angst about Murphy to be laughable. After Ewers, he's the guy I've been cheering for Texas to land for 3 weeks. Texas has a healthy QB room right now and that isn't going to change.

Posted Images

If sark and this team win 9-10 games next year, it’s going to change the recruiting landscape.  It’s nice to see a staff of actual ducking recruiters.  Most of these kids had completely written Texas off.  I’m actually quite surprised to see us be a big player for Banks, Anderson, Dewberry, Stewart, Thompson.  Add that to the OOS players that want to play in his offense, it’s going to be fun.
I feel like an aggy saying this but the best thing to happen to this program in the last few years is Sark putting on a coaching clinic on Ryan Day in the national championship game.  All these other bitch ass programs want to keep Texas down because he fucking cherry pick the players in state when we win.  I feel optimistic that Sark is going to be the guy. 
 
 
Yes, Bama's pants down spanking of tOSU is very fortunate for us in future recruiting. Now if Bama struggles a bit on offense next season (or simply doesnt approach the production when Sark was there) neg recruiting Texas will be much tougher for everyone. (Fatterson will still find something, anything, but whatev
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, victory88 said:

If sark and this team win 9-10 games next year, it’s going to change the recruiting landscape.  It’s nice to see a staff of actual ducking recruiters.  Most of these kids had completely written Texas off.  I’m actually quite surprised to see us be a big player for Banks, Anderson, Dewberry, Stewart, Thompson.  Add that to the OOS players that want to play in his offense, it’s going to be fun.

I feel like an aggy saying this but the best thing to happen to this program in the last few years is Sark putting on a coaching clinic on Ryan Day in the national championship game.  All these other bitch ass programs want to keep Texas down because he fucking cherry pick the players in state when we win.  I feel optimistic that Sark is going to be the guy. 
 

 

Winning 9 games and likely finishing 3rd in the Big 12 wouldn't change much of anything for us.  We'd probably need to win 10 and the conference to really boost the outlook from where it is right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I hear she got the job after defeating the pole assassin in a dance off. 

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve gone ahead and scheduled your sensitivity training with HR for next week. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

This guy really gets around...

 

 

What the hell, how many jobs is he going to take this offseason? Also, Saban stacks that building with former NFL/P5 head coaches from coordinators down to analysts, but he's feels the need to hire fucking Valai as a position coach?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

What the hell, how many jobs is he going to take this offseason? Also, Saban stacks that building with former NFL/P5 head coaches from coordinators down to analysts, but he's feels the need to hire fucking Valai as a position coach?

Saban has no "in" wrt recruiting the state of Texas after losing Banks and Scott. This is almost certainly a move to build that back up again.

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Saban has no "in" wrt recruiting the state of Texas after losing Banks and Scott. This is almost certainly a move to build that back up again.

Yeah I get that, just seems like when they are hiring they are more commonly shooting the moon. Jay is a pretty good recruiter with above average TX contacts and a somewhere between unproven and shitty as a db coach.

When he got the Houston job the consensus seemed to be that was a pretty logical fit all around. If he's hired at Bama a month later that just seems weird. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah I get that, just seems like when they are hiring they are more commonly shooting the moon. Jay is a pretty good recruiter with above average TX contacts and a somewhere between unproven and shitty as a db coach.

When he got the Houston job the consensus seemed to be that was a pretty logical fit all around. If he's hired at Bama a month later that just seems weird. 

Nick Saban coaches DB's at Alabama.  Learning under Saban as DB coach at Alabama for a few years is the best career move Valai could make.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

What the hell, how many jobs is he going to take this offseason? Also, Saban stacks that building with former NFL/P5 head coaches from coordinators down to analysts, but he's feels the need to hire fucking Valai as a position coach?

Every coaching hire Saban makes seems like a WTF but then it almost always works out. Remember laughing about Joey Freshwater and hell we laughed at Sark both times

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Trust me, it’s just one personality and it’s fucking terrible. 

Are you saying that if he dies in unusual circumstances and they decide to film a Dateline on his case, you will NOT say that he lit up a room when he walked in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I hear she got the job after defeating the pole assassin in a dance off. 

You say that as someone who hasn’t see PoleAssassin’s Instagram story. She’s a gotdamn gymnast. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Can’t say what it is but sounds like there is a really good chance you all could be receiving some excellent news this weekend.

This is not in reference to the Trevell Johnson news. This is a separate piece of good news likely headed your way.

If anything changes, I’ll let you know. Stay tuned.

A weekend of Maalik, Coleman and Johnson.  
image.gif.9a5e38b0660c93bd84ed0bec777984cf.gif

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Can’t say what it is but sounds like there is a really good chance you all could be receiving some excellent news this weekend.

This is not in reference to the Trevell Johnson news. This is a separate piece of good news likely headed your way.

If anything changes, I’ll let you know. Stay tuned.

This is the way to do a $9.95 headline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, victory88 said:

If sark and this team win 9-10 games next year, it’s going to change the recruiting landscape.  It’s nice to see a staff of actual ducking recruiters.  Most of these kids had completely written Texas off.  I’m actually quite surprised to see us be a big player for Banks, Anderson, Dewberry, Stewart, Thompson.  Add that to the OOS players that want to play in his offense, it’s going to be fun.

I feel like an aggy saying this but the best thing to happen to this program in the last few years is Sark putting on a coaching clinic on Ryan Day in the national championship game.  All these other bitch ass programs want to keep Texas down because he fucking cherry pick the players in state when we win.  I feel optimistic that Sark is going to be the guy. 
 

 

Listen, man, these guys aren't ducking anything as recruiters... I'll be here all week.

I've got no info on this, but after following all of this shit religiously since I was a little kid, Dewberry's recruitment has the early feel of one that we're not really going to win in the end. I guess I could be wrong in two directions - 1) just a misread of the vibe around him and what the $9.95ers are saying/not saying or 2) both tops and bags be droppin' in H-town from the UT end for the first time ever. I'm happy to be wrong either way. 

2 hours ago, Dijon Robinson said:

So Burton is saying this guy is set to be the assistant director of player personnel...we're really hiring the assistant director before the director himself

Did you really believe this when you wrote it?

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Per Burton, this is our new director of on-campus recruiting: https://vucommodores.com/staff/taylor-searels/

Bobby Brown will be the assistant director of player personnel.

I'm interested in seeing how this one works out. Apparently she's an ambitious asskicker. 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Are you saying that if he dies in unusual circumstances and they decide to film a Dateline on his case, you will NOT say that he lit up a room when he walked in?

Better men than @SydneyCarton have been trying to take me down for years. He's more likely to hurt himself from a cutting accident or falling off of his ladder replacing a light bulb than he is to harm anyone else. 

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Can’t say what it is but sounds like there is a really good chance you all could be receiving some excellent news this weekend.

This is not in reference to the Trevell Johnson news. This is a separate piece of good news likely headed your way.

If anything changes, I’ll let you know. Stay tuned.

I'm going with Banks.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

Maybe we can have a thot discussion

I'm guessing @ChonkySalmon666 is going to have something very important to say about this.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...