2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Nets:

I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

I'm going to look up the prop for MIL getting swept. This is trending towards like when LeBron would work up a #6 on the Raptors. 

No reason at all for Harden to play at least until MIL gets within 20

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's a fucking crazy stat..... you know how much that dude has the ball in his hands.  Sheesh.

He's done it 3 times in the playoffs with The Hornets, Clips and now Suns...... in the 2000s the 10s and now the 20s

My DEN pick was poor. Can't win em all. Man they folded early and hard. I think whoever said that the Murray absence is catching up to them was right. 

I'm looking at tonight's games... Milwaukee is -3.5? They switching rosters before tip?

Conceited GIF by memecandy

18 minutes ago, HookEm said:

It is an absolute must win for Milwaukee. I still think they will lose, but I wouldn't bet that game.

We have seen it over and over. Series take a different vibe when they switch venues between games 2 and 3. Boston took a game from the Nets at home. I expect the Nets do the same.

I am sure Denver will play better at home, too. But the Suns and Nets are clearly the superior teams and should win those series.

25 minutes ago, HookEm said:

It is an absolute must win for Milwaukee. I still think they will lose, but I wouldn't bet that game.

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We have seen it over and over. Series take a different vibe when they switch venues between games 2 and 3. Boston took a game from the Nets at home. I expect the Nets do the same.

I am sure Denver will play better at home, too. But the Suns and Nets are clearly the superior teams and should win those series.

Milwaukee has gotten obliterated in 2 straight games now. The only reason Boston didn't get swept was because the Nets got bored and took them too lightly. And Tatum dropped 50. Brooklyn knew they were never losing that series - this is a much more important game 3 than game 3 against Boston. They will not do that against Milwaukee - just listen to what Durant had to say post-game after game 2. 

This is a pick-'em in my eyes. -3.5 is a lot against a team that just beat you by 40 and didn't have to play any starters in the 4th quarter. 

If it was BKN or MIL +/-1 I wouldn't touch it. But for me, -3.5 is way too much for a team that hasn't proven they even belong on the same floor - whose superstar DPOY just got embarrassed multiple times in game 2. Holiday is getting cooked by KD too. 

Like I said - they gonna switch rosters? 

I'd take MIL tonight.    Their entire existence is on the line tonight.   Back at home after being embarrassed two straight games.     If they lose tonight Bud should be gone.   Also the rest of the Nets cannot continue to shoot as well as they have.   

Edited by d2o

Just now, d2o said:

Their entire existence is on the line tonight.

They got waxed in game 1 then showed up to game 2 and got waxed even more. Their existence was on the line as soon as game 1 tipped off. 

Weren't you the one telling me about HCA when I doubted the Lakers being favored in game 3 or 4? And they proceeded to get smacked. 

I just don't think HCA is that big of a deal anymore for whatever reason.

I'm not saying Milwaukee can't or won't win tonight - but from everything I've seen so far - -3.5 is a little too generous. 

9 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I can see your point regarding -3.5.  I think if I was going to bet anything it would be the Nets ML if you can get decent odds.

A gambler after my own heart. But I think there is a decent chance MIL wins by 1, 2 or 3. Nets ML wasn't that high anyway - around +150-+160 I think.

I also have a prop on Nets sweeping so it's somewhat of a hedge going line and not ML tonight.

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Feel like 80% of people that look at that line would say Nets +3.5 easy.

Doing the opposite of whatever the casual gambler would do is usually the move, no? I don't think the Bucks will get swept. 

No - I think the casual gamblers are pumping Milwaukee. Vegas is not dumb enough to sucker people into taking this Nets team at +odds. 

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

Was there any doubt the bucks wouldn’t fold after that start. Had 3 second q points 7 min into.

It took them being up 30-9 before I got nervous. And Milwaukee is getting ref help on top of it. 

This doesn't even feel like an "I told you so" game because Brooklyn has been bad for large stretches. It's more of a... "how is Milwaukee this soft?" type of game. 

Milwaukee could still cover but this looks horrible for them going forward. Especially if Harden returns. 

After being humiliated on the court in Game 2, then in the media, now playing at home, the Bucks simply had to come out and play as well as they possibly could, and this is the result. Brooklyn isn’t even playing well. Ain’t seeing a lot of that intestinal fortitude from Milwaukee.

Assassin work from KD!

Edited by Vito Andolini

I missed a lot of the 2nd half but that was absolutely inexcusable by Nash to close. Two horribly drawn up plays that could have both easily resulted in turnovers and somehow Bruce Brown has a greenlight to take the final 2 shots not including the prayer throw up by KD. 

And they played sloppy all game. And still should have won. 

What a weird game.