FIRE SOMEBODY

Kel Varnsen

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this is what we always say and then 4 years later we are going WTF?  

it's the coaching.  Sark is an OC.  not a head coach.  he's proven it multiple times.

OK.  Tell us the players that are good on the offense and defense other than Bijan?   Show me the guys that would start for OU or OSU on our team?  I will hang up and wait for the answer.

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

OK.  Tell us the players that are good on the offense and defense other than Bijan?   Show me the guys that would start for OU or OSU on our team?  I will hang up and wait for the answer.

hey smart guy. apparently they are good enough to get up big in 3 first halfs and then magically at hafltime the other coach makes adjustments and our team looks like shit. 

it happened against Tech too but their team is so shitty it didn't matter.

if he loses because he can't coach his way out of a paper bag, gets outcoached after hafltime every game and wins 7 games a year he will never get the players.  Tell me what coaches are good on our staff.  I will hang up and listen.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

hey smart guy. apparently they are good enough to get up big in 3 first halfs and then magically at hafltime the other coach makes adjustments and our team looks like shit. 

it happened against Tech too but their team is so shitty it didn't matter.

if he loses because he can't coach his way out of a paper bag, gets outcoached after hafltime every game and wins 7 games a year he will never get the players.  Tell me what coaches are good on our staff.  I will hang up and listen.

Did you answer my question?  No you didn’t.  Name the players that are better than the ones on OSU or OU?

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Did you answer my question?  No you didn’t.  Name the players that are better than the ones on OSU or OU?

did you answer my question?  no you didn't.  name the coaches that are good and better than OU or OSU on our team.  

Just now, dcar00 said:

did you answer my question?  no you didn't.  name the coaches that are good and better than OU or OSU on our team.  

Unable to answer huh?   It’s easy to blame the coaches who have been good at other stops but magically suck when given the talent we have isn’t it?  Sark can call a game but for some reason when he called runs or passes in the second half nobody on the offense seemed to execute.  That is not on the coach at this point.  Sark had some questionable call but so does every coach in college or pro that calls plays.  There are always head scratchers mixed in.  There is not one coach in the country that can overcome the lack of talent on this team right now.  NONE.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Unable to answer huh?   It’s easy to blame the coaches who have been good at other stops but magically suck when given the talent we have isn’t it?  Sark can call a game but for some reason when he called runs or passes in the second half nobody on the offense seemed to execute.  That is not on the coach at this point.  Sark had some questionable call but so does every coach in college or pro that calls plays.  There are always head scratchers mixed in.  There is not one coach in the country that can overcome the lack of talent on this team right now.  NONE.

So Sark gets all this credit for getting up in the 1st half and it isn't the players but then in the 2nd half when adjustments are made, now it's all the players and not the coach? Riiiiight. Sark is a front running loser. When the other team punches back, he folds. There is a reason he is not a HC before we hired him. He sucks. 

10 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Sark has never been a good head coach at other stops and had crazy talent at USC.  its easy to blame the players who were very good in high school and would have likely won 10 games last year.  see how this works?  you can't fire all the players so you fire the coach.

sure blame the complete decimation in 3 second halfs this year on the players, not the shitty halftime adjustments. 

Sark is no better than Herman.

see you in 4 years when we are firing him for winning 6 games in the SEC and Arkansas is beating our ass on the reg.

Edited by dcar00

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

So Sark gets all this credit for getting up in the 1st half and it isn't the players but then in the 2nd half when adjustments are made, now it's all the players and not the coach? Riiiiight. Sark is a front running loser. When the other team punches back, he folds. There is a reason he is not a HC before we hired him. He sucks. 

How bout you answer the same question.  Name the good players on O and D for UT?  UT was lucky to be up in the first half by the way.  OSU’s receivers dropped a ton of passes that would have been first downs.  Also, Gundy could have just run it every time and scored every time against our shit D.  Worst part of this is OSU is a mediocre team and will still choke against OU later this year like the do every year.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

How bout you answer the same question.  Name the good players on O and D for UT?  UT was lucky to be up in the first half by the way.  OSU’s receivers dropped a ton of passes that would have been first downs.  Also, Gundy could have just run it every time and scored every time against our shit D.  Worst part of this is OSU is a mediocre team and will still choke against OU later this year like the do every year.

how about you answer the question about which of our coaches are good.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Sark has never been a good head coach at other stops and had crazy talent at USC.  its easy to blame the players who were very good in high school and would have likely won 10 games last year.  see how this works?  you can't fire all the players so you fire the coach.

sure blame the complete decimation in 3 second halfs this year on the player's not the shitty halftime adjustments. 

see you in 4 years when we are firing him for winning 6 games in the SEC and Arkansas is beating our ass on the reg.

I actually agree with you that he may be fired in 4 years and he may not be a great coach.  Where I disagree is in the second half he tried to run (O line got blown up every time).  He tried to pass (O line got blown up every time). I can’t blame him for that.

Just now, dcar00 said:

how about you answer the question about which of our coaches are good.

Sark is as good of a play caller as almost anybody in the country.  Lincoln may be better but Sark knows what he is doing.  PK has been a more than solid coach at UW.  Flood is a more than solid coach for the O line.  Bo Davis seems to be a good D Line coach at UT in the past and at other stops including the NFL.  The others I really can’t speak of as being good or bad. Don’t know enough about them.  Now let’s talk about the players.  There is zero talent on the offensive line right now.  The WR’s other than X are not very good.  The QB’s are mediocre but would look much better with a good O line and good WR’s catching the ball.  Do you disagree with that?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I actually agree with you that he may be fired in 4 years and he may not be a great coach.  Where I disagree is in the second half he tried to run (O line got blown up every time).  He tried to pass (O line got blown up every time). I can’t blame him for that.

fair enough.  I'm saying he is getting his overrated ass outcoached at halftime so I am blaming him for that.

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Sark is as good of a play caller as almost anybody in the country.  Lincoln may be better but Sark knows what he is doing.  PK has been a more than solid coach at UW.  Flood is a more than solid coach for the O line.  Bo Davis seems to be a good D Line coach at UT in the past and at other stops including the NFL.  The others I really can’t speak of as being good or bad. Don’t know enough about them.  Now let’s talk about the players.  There is zero talent on the offensive line right now.  The WR’s other than X are not very good.  The QB’s are mediocre but would look much better with a good O line and good WR’s catching the ball.  Do you disagree with that?

yet they are getting their asses kicked after halftime almost every game.

I'm usually fickle and a frontrunner and love to be popular so I'm quick to jump into "fire the fkin coach" threads.  But on this one I'll stand in front of, albeit weakly, Sark as the pitchforks come.

It's patently obvious that he has very terrible players (or at least talented ones that fuck up a lot) and has nothing to adjust to.  The 4th and 1 was rushed (his fault) but his feeling like he had to go was that he had nothing to turn to (i.e. swiss cheese D).  And frankly, "give it to B" can work up until the O Line does it's fatigue-a-thon starting about 10 minutes into the 2nd quarter and going to the bitter end.  Then he looks ordinary (though he isn't).  Meanwhile, OSU's Lil' J gets 144 in the 4th quarter.  That's not on the coach during the game (possibly during the week for conditioning).  But the D Line is the most overrated thing since Al Capone's Vault and the rest of the D is borderline abominable.  The only reason they got the INT is that Sanders threw those balls like Colonel Sanders - fried and greasy, and nowhere near the receiver.

I can see where this guy has a lot of smarts, but he has shit to back him up.  It's unfortunate, I think he's still a good coach.
Now, I'll gladly move out of the way for the pitchforks if so, but hey, I tried to defend the guy here.

• Hook 'Em 3

46 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

sure blame the complete decimation in 3 second halfs this year on the players, not the shitty halftime adjustments. 

i am looking at the 2014 and 2015 usc rosters and failing to see "crazy talent."  definitely a few really good guys, but 2004-05 usc they were not.