Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

At this point, we’re really at a but if a holding pattern as a program. Well get more commits, but really nothing matters until the season plays out. If Herman wins 11 games we’ll get who we want and be off to the races. If we have another shit season, kids will be hoping off this train and we’ll be looking for a new coach. That’s really all there is at this point, we are past nuance and other factors. Shit of get off the pot tom 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Holy shit. Those in-state rankings are awful. 

Yeah..can't even blame Ketch..his LSR 100 seems to be the closest surly would agree with.. They are pretty off in comparison as well.  So I'm taking Farrell has the most say when it comes to the Texas region in the rankings discussion?

10 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

They are pretty off in comparison as well.  So I'm taking Farrell has the most say when it comes to the Texas region in the rankings discussion?

Correct. 

Also, fuck that guy and fuck OU. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Yeah..can't even blame Ketch..his LSR 100 seems to be the closest surly would agree with.. They are pretty off in comparison as well.  So I'm taking Farrell has the most say when it comes to the Texas region in the rankings discussion?

His rankings tend to suck too 

Updated Composite

4) Tommy Brockermeyer

17) Camar Wheaton

22) Donovan Jackson

24) Ja'Tavion Sanders

33) Tunmise Adeleye

35) Savion Byrd

36) Billy Bowman

43) LJ Johnson

66) Bryce Foster

71) JoJo Earle

81) Jalen Milroe

88) Preston Stone

93) Shadrach Banks

95) Marcus Burris

102) Cody Jackson

103) Garrett Nussmeier

106) Quadarius Davis

107) Clayton Smith

110) Landon Jackson

126) Ishmael Ibraheem

130) Dematrius Davis

131) Latrell McCutchin

137) Sawyer Robertson

140) Reuben Fatheree

147) Jaeden Roberts

148) J.Michael Sturdivant

150) Ketron Jackson

153) Kendrick Blackshire

172) Derrick Harris Jr

175) JD Coffey

185) Eli Stowers

189) Theodore Knox

192) Shemar Turner

195) James Brockermeyer

220) Dametrious Crownover

227) Shedeur Sanders

233) Jordon Thomas

236) Behren Morton

240) Hunter Washington

251) Bryson Green

253) Kaidon Salter

270) Ahmonte Watkins

274) Andrew Mukuba

281) Hayden Conner

302) Deuce Harmon

309) Brandon Campbell

312) Landyn Watson

321) Jerand Bradley

329) Elijah Arroyo

333) David Abiara

341) Blaine Green

350) Latrell Neville

364) Cam'Ron Valdez

366) Morice Blackwell

368) Jordan Jenkins

379) Tavierre Dunlap

381) Matthew Wykoff

382) Byron Murphy II

398) Cullen Montgomery

Not in the top 400; Terrance Cooks (480), Juan Davis (461), Landen King (769)

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Updated Composite

4) Tommy Brockermeyer

17) Camar Wheaton

22) Donovan Jackson

24) Ja'Tavion Sanders

33) Tunmise Adeleye

35) Savion Byrd

36) Billy Bowman

43) LJ Johnson

66) Bryce Foster

71) JoJo Earle

81) Jalen Milroe

88) Preston Stone

93) Shadrach Banks

95) Marcus Burris

102) Cody Jackson

103) Garrett Nussmeier

106) Quadarius Davis

107) Clayton Smith

110) Landon Jackson

126) Ishmael Ibraheem

130) Dematrius Davis

131) Latrell McCutchin

137) Sawyer Robertson

140) Reuben Fatheree

147) Jaeden Roberts

148) J.Michael Sturdivant

150) Ketron Jackson

153) Kendrick Blackshire

172) Derrick Harris Jr

175) JD Coffey

185) Eli Stowers

189) Theodore Knox

192) Shemar Turner

195) James Brockermeyer

220) Dametrious Crownover

227) Shedeur Sanders

233) Jordon Thomas

236) Behren Morton

240) Hunter Washington

251) Bryson Green

253) Kaidon Salter

270) Ahmonte Watkins

274) Andrew Mukuba

281) Hayden Conner

302) Deuce Harmon

309) Brandon Campbell

312) Landyn Watson

321) Jerand Bradley

329) Elijah Arroyo

333) David Abiara

341) Blaine Green

350) Latrell Neville

364) Cam'Ron Valdez

366) Morice Blackwell

368) Jordan Jenkins

379) Tavierre Dunlap

381) Matthew Wykoff

382) Byron Murphy II

398) Cullen Montgomery

Not in the top 400; Terrance Cooks (480), Juan Davis (461), Landen King (769)

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

I dont think King, Cooks, and others outside the Rivals 250 composite has updated yet.  King moved up a good bit and is still the same.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Even the OU mod they just recently started recruiting Smith.  Wtf made him all of the sudden want to commit to them?

Think it sucks but a lot can happen 10-10-20 At 11am. One thing you can count on is ou sucking anytime of the day.

Edited by Coach pop a bitch

This is gonna be a crazy season with all the covid bullshit. Once (if) these guys get on campus visits I think you'll see quite a few minds change, plus I think you'll see a some surprising results on the field this season as some teams will adapt to the new realities better than others. Plus depending on attendance limitations, home field advantage may not be as strong this year. Assuming we have a season, could be a hoot! Except aggy, those dumb fucks will underwhelm no matter what the reality.

7 hours ago, Fud said:

My top ~10, since you guys care

1) Tommy Brockermeyer
2) Ja'Tavion Sanders
3) Donovan Jackson
4) Billy Bowman
5) JoJo Earle
6) Tunmise Adeleye
7) Landon Jackson
😎 Terrance Cooks
9) Ishmael Ibraheem
10) Byrd, LJ, or Wheaton

I don’t know about you guys! 
But I just found the list for the best 9 high school football players in Texas! 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Even the OU mod they just recently started recruiting Smith.  Wtf made him all of the sudden want to commit to them?

Probably depth chart and record of winning the conference and being in a position to get to the playoff. 

4 minutes ago, Luka Skywalker said:

Add in not wanting to play for Fraud Herman.

How is Herman a fraud exactly? Flawed, sure. Prick, yes. What we hoped? Doesn’t look that way. But to me a fraud is Steve Patterson. Maybe late year Jimbo. But Herman wants to win. Whether he can is TBD. 

• Like 3

Mike at night

—I had the opportunity to see Morice Blackwell work out today with noted Dallas skills trainer Christian White. Blackwell wanted to get some footwork and agility training in to enhance his overall game while staying in shape during the pandemic. The biggest thing that sticks out about Blackwell is his length. Despite being listed at 6-foot-1, he's all arms and legs. I hadn't seen him in person until before the quarantine, but I thought he moved well for his size and worked hard to master each drill. Some kids come to these sessions but aren't always mentally locked in. That wasn't the case with Blackwell who repeated drills several times if he messed something up.

—I spoke with Christian White following the session. Better known to most on social media as coach Flight, he trains some of the best players at the high school and college level, and he was in charge of preparing Brandon Jones for the combine. When I asked for his assessment of Blackwell, White gushed. "From the moment he stepped onto to the field, the kid has a long lean body with long arms. I immediately figured he was a wide receiver or outside backer. His movement is real fluid. There's a lot of power to him and he's explosive. You can tell he's been doing a lot of explosive lifts. They do a good job at Martin as far as the weight program, so I wasn't shocked at all. The kid looks like he has the frame to put on 25 pounds of muscle too."

—No prospect is perfect, White said he would need to continue working through certain fundamentals to sharpen his game. "I'd like to see him work on moving in rhythm a little more," White said. "It's about the body being in sync. I think he's an elite level guy as far as movement. He was with a lot of elite level DBs and NFL guys and he stood out in that group. He should just keep working on opposite arm and opposite leg type stuff and being in sync with his body."

—Blackwell's demeanor on the field also caught White's eye. "The main thing that stood out to me was leadership," he said. "He was in a group with a couple of younger kids and I watched him coach them up. As I'm coaching up other guys he's working with them and showing them demonstrations. That kind of stuff goes a long way and just tells you what kind of kid off the field as well. He's not too big headed to help the next guy and. pass that knowledge to the younger guys on the field."

—Blackwell plays 7v7 with Texas wide receiver target Hal Presley, and he said he's working on getting him to Texas. Blackwell also worked out today with Kennedale safety JD Coffey. As for any worries with him? Blackwell said he's fully committed and doesn't plan to visit any other schools.

—I heard some buzz around Texas being in good shape for Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. I checked into things, and it sounds like both sides have had some good visits and Alexis is connecting with Andre Coleman. I was told that Georgia, Notre Dame and Miami are three other schools Alexis is high on, but Texas will have some appeal to him. Alexis is a high academic prospect and a serious student, so the Longhorns have an angle there. Alexis is also the class president and a source in Austin told me he would be a phenomenal culture fit. I spoke with someone in south Florida who told me that Alexis is pretty calculating and he couldn't see him making a move without taking a visit. Regardless, this seems like a name to watch a little closer. I'm supposed to connect with him tomorrow for a phone call to get a better idea of where things stand.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Mike at night

—I had the opportunity to see Morice Blackwell work out today with noted Dallas skills trainer Christian White. Blackwell wanted to get some footwork and agility training in to enhance his overall game while staying in shape during the pandemic. The biggest thing that sticks out about Blackwell is his length. Despite being listed at 6-foot-1, he's all arms and legs. I hadn't seen him in person until before the quarantine, but I thought he moved well for his size and worked hard to master each drill. Some kids come to these sessions but aren't always mentally locked in. That wasn't the case with Blackwell who repeated drills several times if he messed something up.

—I spoke with Christian White following the session. Better known to most on social media as coach Flight, he trains some of the best players at the high school and college level, and he was in charge of preparing Brandon Jones for the combine. When I asked for his assessment of Blackwell, White gushed. "From the moment he stepped onto to the field, the kid has a long lean body with long arms. I immediately figured he was a wide receiver or outside backer. His movement is real fluid. There's a lot of power to him and he's explosive. You can tell he's been doing a lot of explosive lifts. They do a good job at Martin as far as the weight program, so I wasn't shocked at all. The kid looks like he has the frame to put on 25 pounds of muscle too."

—No prospect is perfect, White said he would need to continue working through certain fundamentals to sharpen his game. "I'd like to see him work on moving in rhythm a little more," White said. "It's about the body being in sync. I think he's an elite level guy as far as movement. He was with a lot of elite level DBs and NFL guys and he stood out in that group. He should just keep working on opposite arm and opposite leg type stuff and being in sync with his body."

—Blackwell's demeanor on the field also caught White's eye. "The main thing that stood out to me was leadership," he said. "He was in a group with a couple of younger kids and I watched him coach them up. As I'm coaching up other guys he's working with them and showing them demonstrations. That kind of stuff goes a long way and just tells you what kind of kid off the field as well. He's not too big headed to help the next guy and. pass that knowledge to the younger guys on the field."

—Blackwell plays 7v7 with Texas wide receiver target Hal Presley, and he said he's working on getting him to Texas. Blackwell also worked out today with Kennedale safety JD Coffey. As for any worries with him? Blackwell said he's fully committed and doesn't plan to visit any other schools.

—I heard some buzz around Texas being in good shape for Pompano Beach (Fla.) Monarch wide receiver Jaden Alexis. I checked into things, and it sounds like both sides have had some good visits and Alexis is connecting with Andre Coleman. I was told that Georgia, Notre Dame and Miami are three other schools Alexis is high on, but Texas will have some appeal to him. Alexis is a high academic prospect and a serious student, so the Longhorns have an angle there. Alexis is also the class president and a source in Austin told me he would be a phenomenal culture fit. I spoke with someone in south Florida who told me that Alexis is pretty calculating and he couldn't see him making a move without taking a visit. Regardless, this seems like a name to watch a little closer. I'm supposed to connect with him tomorrow for a phone call to get a better idea of where things stand.

Hadn't heard Alexis' name in a while. The purely alphabetical top offers list is pretty funny on his 247 page: https://247sports.com/player/jaden-alexis-46085256/

His dad played for UDub and bounced around the NFL for a couple years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Alexis

Edited by texifornia

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hadn't heard Alexis' name in a while. The purely alphabetical top offers list is pretty funny on his 247 page: https://247sports.com/player/jaden-alexis-46085256/

His dad played for UDub and bounced around the NFL for a couple years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Alexis

Looks like a guy with good speed.  With those numbers listed you'd think he'd be a little higher than .8776 composite.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

holy shit, his dad played against Texas in the 2001 Holiday bowl. Thought the name sounded familiar. Had 5 touches for 12 total yards.

19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

No Bama or blOU in Top 25 is crazy... 😋

Bama sitting at 48 in composite with 4 recruits.  3-4* and 1-3*.  One commit in the comp top 50 and only showing to be in it on one other (Brock). They appear to be falling right off the cliff.

Meanwhile, fuck fOSU.  I can't think of a fanbase that less deserves the seamless transfers of power that they have.   2 coaches in a row won national titles but had to go for being shitheels and they still don't miss a beat and are recruiting like last decade Bama.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Bama sitting at 48 in composite with 4 recruits.  3-4* and 1-3*.  One commit in the comp top 50 and only showing to be in it on one other (Brock). They appear to be falling right off the cliff.

Meanwhile, fuck fOSU.  I can't think of a fanbase that less deserves the seamless transfers of power that they have.   2 coaches in a row won national titles but had to go for being shitheels and they still don't miss a beat and are recruiting like last decade Bama.  

This happened a couple of  years ago.  Believe it was the 2018 cycle.  They began very slowly, then came back strongly, to finish #5 (although by their standards, that was considered pretty bad).  They finished #1 and #2 in the next two cycles.

19 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Luke Fickell never won shit 😉