Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

12 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Well watched more of Troy. Gets more and more ridiculous.

Achilles is black along with all his men oh and also gay. I’m surprised they didn’t make Hector non gender specific

Totally agree. It started off pretty well but I lost interest when they changed everything you knew about Achilles. I had some clever comments ready for the board about this but you beat me to it. Well done.

8 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

Top 10 stand up routines ever. Just stared now.

Possibly #1. If you haven't watched this, drop what you are doing and go.

It was the most quotable thing thru most of the 80's and I still use many of it today, for example:

• I will yell ICECREAAAAM! at any icecream truck.
  • "Tito, give me some tissue." when someone is crying.
  • "You can't afford it, and his father is an alcoholic!"
  • "NOW THAT"S A FIRE!"
  • "Your wife is a Bigfoot, isn't she, Gus ?"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Money Heist -  Someone please explain to me why this is a good show?  I watched the first two episodes, and it had so many plot holes.  It has been a couple of weeks, but when I quit was when they ran out and started shooting, yet their plan included the police not shooting back?

It has an 8.8 on IMDB, so I want to watch more, and I love heist shows/movies , but that threw me for a loop.  There was something else minor to that, but I can't think of it now...

On 4/21/2018 at 11:57 AM, drifter379 said:

Watching Lost in Space.
Did I miss the part where they explained why one of the kids is different than the others?

I was wondering about that. Figured they'd explain it eventually, and that it'd have something to do with the parents' relationship in some way.

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I was wondering about that. Figured they'd explain it eventually, and that it'd have something to do with the parents' relationship in some way.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:39 PM, atomheartbevo said:

The mom was previously married. Current hubby adopted the mom’s daughter from her first marriage. 

They explained it.   Also, there is some irony in that his non-biological daughter is actually the kid most like him. 

On 4/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, po elvis said:

I am pretty much years behind on my TV watching, but I had never heard of Episodes, which is apparently a Showtime original that's 5 seasons are on Netflix now. I think it's hilarious. Matt Leblanc does a great job playing himself.

Yeah that show is fucking awesome.  For whatever reason it's always been under the radar. 

Re: Lost in Space, I stopped after three or four episodes. There's a lot of production value, but it's just so formulaic, and the plot lines are all obviously ripped off from other movies and shows, especially Battlestar Galactica.   You can really see the fingerprints of the writers all over it. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

Read a lot of the Netflix posts on Shaggy, but not all so it was probably mentioned, but damn Spotless is a good series on netflix. Just came across it scrolling through recently and thought I'd give it a shot. It's great. 

Also agree with the above mentioned show Episodes. Under the radar and funny as hell. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 11:42 AM, Ldogg53 said:

Anyone ever watch The 100?   It's a show about a post-nuclear earth/space.  Pretty damn good for a CW show and has plenty of hot chicks in it. I'd suggest it if you're into sci-fi/action stuff.

I did. Just saw the new season is coming out. Haven't caught it yet. I'm pretty sure we used to have a thread on it on the old site. It's an entertaining show. The moral quandary of the main characters gets a little old and cliche as the show progress, but definitely a fun idea with some hot chicks, so worth a watch.

It's been so long, and I don't care that much, but I will watch the first few episodes and see if it is still ok.  I sort of lost interest.

Anyone want to spoiler what went on at the end of the last episode?

[spoiler/]Didn't work[/spoiler]

Edited by BNB

2 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Anyone dived into the RFK docuseries yet?At 4 eps, I’ll get to it, but was wondering if it was network quality or some tinfoil hat wearing production company. 

Very well made with a lot of solid interviews of people who were around him. It didn’t pull any punches either. 

18 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Anyone dived into the RFK docuseries yet?At 4 eps, I’ll get to it, but was wondering if it was network quality or some tinfoil hat wearing production company. 

Watched the first 2 yesterday and it's very well done 

15 hours ago, NIUHuskies said:

Watched Gringo. Holy hell, MacAfee was great choice for a character study.

It’s very true when you hear about the fine line between genius and insanity.  

One thing I would like to know from some computer experts on here, was MacAfee a great coder or did he just have a ground breaking idea in developing antivirus and hire great coders to make it happen.

im wondering if his genius was in code or as an idea man. Hence his obsession with finding a cancer cure.