On 2/16/2021 at 9:35 AM, Landomatic said:

Nah...the Sopranos is like sex and pizza, even the worst are still pretty good.  Even the shittiest episodes still have a little bit of gold in them.

What about “A hits a hit?” That is a dog shit episode except for Christopher telling Visiting Day singer to “spike up” and then beating him.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

What about “A hits a hit?” That is a dog shit episode except for Christopher telling Visiting Day singer to “spike up” and then beating him.

Perfect example.  That episode is mostly shit.  However...

Tony at the golf course with his neighbor, calling him "Cooz" the whole time and telling the bullshit story about knowing John Gotti.  Then taking him a box of sand to hold onto, just to fuck with him.

Several good to great lines in that episode.

Some gold.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just watched this episode, one of my favorite scenes. Tony orchestrates the entire thing and is barely able to contain his laughter as Silvio just goes off on this idiot kid. So fucking good. Then at the end when he tells the doctor "why don't you go fix a fucking dick or whatever he fuck it is you do". 

• Hook 'Em 1
10 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Just watched this episode, one of my favorite scenes. Tony orchestrates the entire thing and is barely able to contain his laughter as Silvio just goes off on this idiot kid. So fucking good. Then at the end when he tells the doctor "why don't you go fix a fucking dick or whatever he fuck it is you do". 

I stick provolone in my shoes at night so they smell like your sister crotch! Classic!

I notice people often think that characters they hate are "bad casting."

At the time Sopranos was cast, Robert Iler was a fat kid who definitely looked like he could be Tony's son.

He thinned out and stayed pretty short, but if you don't think he did a fine job playing a kid with serious issues resulting from that fucked up environment, you've never been around teenagers from dysfunctional families who are spoiled rotten, full of self pity and dealing with depression.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Augustus said:

I notice people often think that characters they hate are "bad casting."

At the time Sopranos was cast, Robert Iler was a fat kid who definitely looked like he could be Tony's son.

He thinned out and stayed pretty short, but if you don't think he did a fine job playing a kid with serious issues resulting from that fucked up environment, you've never been around teenagers from dysfunctional families who are spoiled rotten, full of self pity and dealing with depression.

This. Not sure they could’ve cast someone more perfect for AJ. He’s the anti-Meadow. A total fuckup that gives his dad depression/anxiety. I’m sure it wasn’t all purposeful, but he was what that character needed to be. 

On 2/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, Cousin Strawberry said:

Is this the one where Adrianna does the mock "meow."  I'm good with it.

In the same boat here, Vic.

I watched it during its original run on HBO, but have never done a re-watch on any episodes until I started up again last week. I don't know if its because my memory has grown fuzzy on a lot of the show's subtle details, or if I've just become jaded over the subpar offerings during the pandemic, but damn this show is fucking amazing. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Player said:

In the same boat here, Vic.

I watched it during its original run on HBO, but have never done a re-watch on any episodes until I started up again last week. I don't know if its because my memory has grown fuzzy on a lot of the show's subtle details, or if I've just become jaded over the subpar offerings during the pandemic, but damn this show is fucking amazing. 

It's just that good. 

• Like 1

also doing a rewatch. i just saw the 2nd season episode when chris is in the hospital and carmela comes to see him. she starts speaking about religion, and there's a quick cut to chris just hammering the morphine drip so he can tolerate her spiel. absolutely brilliant.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, strangulation! said:

also doing a rewatch. i just saw the 2nd season episode when chris is in the hospital and carmela comes to see him. she starts speaking about religion, and there's a quick cut to chris just hammering the morphine drip so he can tolerate her spiel. absolutely brilliant.

Hell is an Irish bar, and every day is St Patrick's Day.

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We are about to be done with season 1. So glad i decided to do the rewatch.

I’m midway thru S5 of the rewatch and enjoying it so much more than the first time.  Attribute that to binging which keeps the storylines fresh.

Did The Wire a couple of weeks ago ... hated to see that one end.

16 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

I’m midway thru S5 of the rewatch and enjoying it so much more than the first time.  Attribute that to binging which keeps the storylines fresh.

Did The Wire a couple of weeks ago ... hated to see that one end.

I have seen The Wire twice through. My gf has not seen it. I am not sure how much I would enjoy it for a third time but I might give it a try some time this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I have seen The Wire twice through. My gf has not seen it. I am not sure how much I would enjoy it for a third time but I might give it a try some time this year.

My second time thru The Wire ... hadn’t watched since the original airing.  Forgot how much I enjoyed most of the characters.