Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

Anyone with an IQ higher then a cheeseburger knows OSU is on the ropes with this story. There is dissent in the ranks, as apparently there are a couple of people associated with that shit stain program that are capable of thinking about more then just themselves. And they (OSU) will gladly throw anyone under the bus at this point to get this thing behind them.

Fucking with Herman is the outlier. Why? Why bring someone who has been gone for a couple of years into the conversation? Logic suggests that both parties have information that could at the very least could embarrass the other. Yet OSU thinks this is a solid strategy? I believe they made a mistake mentioning Herman. Ok, he had to answer to the strip club story, but that is over. Now what you got?

Not to mention that I also believe that other coaches in what most consider a fraternity of sorts. Will (if they have not already) side with Herman on this. Meyer is going to find himself on an island by trying to shit on other members of the same coaching community.

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And there it is...that headline might as well be a line in the sand Herman drew with his middle finger towards meyer and tOSU.

Oh how beautiful it would be if Herman had a story about how Meyer sent him to Florida to take coaches to a strip club in violation of NCAA rules. 

This is like in Hunt for Red October where that guy say “you are an ass, you have killed us!”

Edited by Newy25

37 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Anyone with an IQ higher then a cheeseburger knows OSU is on the ropes with this story. There is dissent in the ranks, as apparently there are a couple of people associated with that shit stain program that are capable of thinking about more then just themselves. And they (OSU) will gladly throw anyone under the bus at this point to get this thing behind them.

Fucking with Herman is the outlier. Why? Why bring someone who has been gone for a couple of years into the conversation? Logic suggests that both parties have information that could at the very least could embarrass the other. Yet OSU thinks this is a solid strategy? I believe they made a mistake mentioning Herman. Ok, he had to answer to the strip club story, but that is over. Now what you got?

Not to mention that I also believe that other coaches in what most consider a fraternity of sorts. Will (if they have not already) side with Herman on this. Meyer is going to find himself on an island by trying to shit on other members of the same coaching community.

I like cheeseburgers.

The only thing OSU is trying to do here is take the heat off themselves.  It is backfiring.  Sally Jenkins had a great article in the Washington Post about this whole mess.  She mentioned how in Meyer's last six year at Florida he had 30 players arrested.  What a great guy.

Edited by Big Frog II
  • Like 1

Urban Liar and OSU made a bad mistake in trying to shift some blame etc to Herman.

Shows again how they are missing the point around the coverup of Smith's activities.

A OSU trustee that was part of committee just quit as well and is going public with the farce of an investigation OSU conducted.

This is only going to get worse. I firmly believe and will ping CDC (not that I am a huge donor but I give a decent amount) that IMO we should cancel our series with OSU as they are complete fuckstains.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

The only thing OSU is trying to do here is take the heat off themselves.  It is backfiring.

I think the deluded degenerates in Ohio really believe Herman snitched for recruiting purposes. Their response to “Urban protects wife beaters” was “Herman objectifies women.” I presume that’s an effort to get moms to think Tom hates women more than Urban in this imaginary recruiting war. Their paranoia and obsession with this fictional narrative may have led them right to the (otherwise impotent) NCAA’s doorstep. All they had to do was shut the fuck up and let it blow over. I really detest that whole institution. I hope their whole athletic department implodes over this. 

• Like 1

OSU was playing checkers, "We bring up Herman and Smith and the strip club night...they take to social media and stay stupid shit implicating themselves in all other kinda shady stuff.  We completely misdirect everybody.  They might talk to some reporters or TV or their own fan bases and obviously won't corroborate each other's stories, which then strengthens our story as the only one that's had a higher education evaluation and investigation.  Totally makes us look in the right since no reliable source has said otherwise.  So they talk to McMurphy or ESPN, so what---those are discredited journalists at this point.  Case Closed, Buckeye victory."

Herman was playing chess:  "Let's go over everybody's head, straight to the NCAA and talk about everything they want to talk about regarding Ohio State." 

OSU: "Shit, we did not see that coming."

ZS playing tic-tac-toe: "Where's the fucking clown emoji on this Cricket phone?!?!?!" 

Just now, The Dude said:

Does he not want this story to go away? Because that’s what it seems like

From a pr perspective, doing this makes no sense. 

That's what makes me wonder if he's feeling like the backlash has been too much and he's gently reminding anyone at osu reconsidering firing him that their own investigation has wording that seems to clear him from the worst stuff (but it doesn't, really).

Hey Urban, no one outside the Ohio State echo chamber, except the one regent that quit, believes a word from the internal investigation. So you quoting it to show that you have been absolved from this situation isn't going to end well for you.

Edited by HtownHorn

Some of you guys are misreading the situation. The OSU story isn’t gaining momentum. A groundswell isn’t happening. All that’s happening are a few lingering comments and questions. This is over and done with. OSU and Meyer are totally in the clear. The only thing that re-ignites the issue is some additional, new, major fact that comes out that demonstrates another major error. We live in an ADHD news world. This story will burn out shortly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Some of you guys are misreading the situation. The OSU story isn’t gaining momentum. A groundswell isn’t happening. All that’s happening are a few lingering comments and questions. This is over and done with. OSU and Meyer are totally in the clear. The only thing that re-ignites the issue is some additional, new, major fact that comes out that demonstrates another major error. We live in an ADHD news world. This story will burn out shortly.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic here?

1 hour ago, Big Frog II said:

The only thing OSU is trying to do here is take the heat off themselves.  It is backfiring.  Sally Jenkins had a great article in the Washington Post about this whole mess.  She mentioned how in Meyer's last six year at Florida he had 30 players arrested.  What a great guy.

Wow, great article...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/urban-meyer-still-has-his-job-but-ohio-state-documents-show-what-he-deserves/2018/08/30/9bc0c0aa-abd4-11e8-b1da-ff7faa680710_story.html?utm_term=.0f91facb654b

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Actually, he basically said "the board didn't think I lied. The board didn't think I did anything on purpose, etc."

Yes. He clearly intends his unstated conclusion, however, to be adopted by the mindless readers of his tweet. "I did not lie. I am an honest and good coach. You want me winning games at tpOSU. Trust in me."

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I still cannot understand why in the fuck any PR person would let him release that statement. 

I am with you. I cannot fucking believe that he released that statement. It's mindblowing. Did he do this on his own or through a university channel? This is fucking awesome either way. 

39 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Someone on here is certainly misreading the situation. You got that part correct.