RPM

Shit's Borked

@Llogg - the stream lists are not updating the thread listings to show threads with new posts.  If you look at Browse | Forums (fluid view), you see the up to date list of threads with replies.  Click over to participated or any stream, and you see a list of threads several hours old that doesn't list the threads with new replies at the top.

Just now, bernorange said:

@Llogg - the stream lists are not updating the thread listings to show threads with new posts.  If you look at Browse | Forums (fluid view), you see the up to date list of threads with replies.  Click over to participated or any stream, and you see a list of threads several hours old that doesn't list the threads with new replies at the top.

But not for unread streams. It does update according to unread status of threads but not individual posts within threads. So if a thread has a new post, it shows up in your unread stream but it shows the new post as one that is old. If you read that thread it disappears from your unread stream.

18 minutes ago, ss13 said:

That doesn’t help any. Everyone wants to see recent unread posts, not what was unread at 1 this morning. 

It does help identify and fix the problem to accurately describe the problem. It also helps to know that if a thread shows up in your unread stream there actually are unread posts even if the stream is showing you an old post as the most recent.

When a thread has a new reply, it is supposed to move to the top of the thread list.  That isn't happening in the streams.

Just now, bernorange said:

When a thread has a new reply, it is supposed to move to the top of the thread list.  That isn't happening in the streams.

It is for my custom streams and my unread content stream.

I don’t understand why Llogg is trying to play martyr. Here is EVERY SINGLE post on this website as of a couple minutes ago. 

8-A10500-F-C953-458-C-BA59-EAEB5-FC8552-

@Llogg - not sure why it would be different on your end, but I can assure you that it's not updating the thread lists as new replies are posted on my end. 

I don't understand why ss13 is such an imbecile. Top is unread content. I click the Super Tuesday thread. Read it. Navigate back and see the updated bottom list.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

First of all, your pics aren’t showing, stupid fuck. Second of all, look at post #1456, those are all of the BRAND NEW posts at 9:37 this morning. Not a single one of those unread posts shows up in the unread stream, which is kinda the point. 

You may want to brush up on this two-year old thread before running your mouth. 

Edited by ss13

@Llogg - the point is that the Super Tuesday thread should not have been the top thread in the Unread Content list (before you clicked it).  It wasn't even in the first page of threads with latest replies/activity. 

Posted (edited)

This is how your pics appear. 

D0-B5-F7-BB-BED1-4-B9-F-B7-C3-F7400-D8-D

Edited by ss13

I'm not suggesting the streams update correctly, but they are not static. I'm just trying to describe the problem accurately.

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

I'm not suggesting the streams update correctly

That’s kinda what this thread has been getting at since Friday night. Now let’s move on & hope imma finally fixes it. 

@Llogg i don't know what's going on over there but the problem you're describing isn't what i'm encountering.  i'm experiencing what @ss13 and @bernorange are with the unreads not updating at all even with new posts.

Sorry guys I had to do an emergency patch as some Russians were exploiting a security vulnerability in the software and spamming emails to random people. Let me know what is specifically borked so I can fix it as needed. 

I changed it from emails to notifications to cut down on the ridiculous amount of emails everyone ignores anyway

None of the embedded Youtube videos are playing for me. I can see the "cover image" of the YT video but it never plays.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bogeywon said:

Is anyone getting random notifications?

I started getting notifications for posts in certain threads (COVID DT thread for instance) even when the post wasn't in any way directed at me. I also get notifications when someone posts a new thread on a board I frequent (Movies & TV). I realized under my settings a lot of threads I've posted in were changed to Followed Content for me. No idea how that happened as I never follow anything. So I unfollowed everything that was showing up there and my notifications went away, but the board randomly chooses things that I start following again. I keep having to turn it back off or else the notifications feature will just be pointless.