Washpark

Amazon prime recommendations

Watched The Report with Adam Driver and Annette Bening. Political drama about the Senate investigation into enhanced interrogation techniques by the CIA. I liked it but it might depend on your politics on how you find the movie.

Watched about half of Dirtbag The Legend of Fred Beckey last night. Might finish it tonight depending on whether or not the baby goes down early. It's about one of the greatest unknown mountain/rock climbers in North America. He has more first ascents than anybody else on this continent,  yet nobody outside of the hard core climbing community knows who he is because he lived most of his life as a bum traveling around from place to place climbing.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:48 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

Finally saw Brittney Runs a Marathon.  Better than I thought it would be.

Same. It  wasn't a great movie, but it wasn't bad.

Just finished Mobile.  Really different British cop/crime four part miniseries.  Kind of confusing at first until you realize they are showing the same incidents through different people's perspective.

Aussie made City Homicide is also really good also.  I watch both with subtitles, as some accent variants can be difficult to follow.

Dude, You're Screwed. Survival series with a group of experts who ambush 1 member of the group and drop them in the middle of nowhere with a cameraman. It's not Naked and Afraid, but it's not terrible.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:48 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

Finally saw Brittney Runs a Marathon.  Better than I thought it would be.

Have you been hacked?

White Knuckle: The Story of The Motorcycle Cannonball. A group runs the Cannonball from Kitty Hawk to Santa Monica with pre-1916 motorcycles. 

Been watching The Thick of It, a British comedy on Britbox, but noticed that it's on Amazon Prime, also.  Produced and written (with others) by the guy HBO had develop and write VEEP.  Great satire on government incompetence and self protection.  I watch with subtitles to miss less.  Watch it after the kids go to bed - the language is strongest I've heard on any TV show.

Peter Capaldi (one of the many Dr. Whos) is great as Malcolm.  What an asshole.

Oh man, “The Thick of It” is AMAZING.

It came before Veep and is from the same creator.

Best insults and cursing on any television show ever.

There’s a movie with the same characters where they travel to the USA and interact with American politics called “In The Loop” that’s damn funny too.

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

There’s a movie with the same characters where they travel to the USA and interact with American politics called “In The Loop” that’s damn funny too.

In the Loop is great. Can't wait to check out The Thick of It.

Southern Comfort.  A 1981 sort of Deliverance cajun style sans cornholing.

Notable in that its cast is entirely supporting/character actors.  Powers Boothe, Keith Carradine, Peter Coyote, among others.

Just started In The Thick Of It.  

Their total disregard for the feelings of others is fantastic. 

Witty and quick.  All the things I loved about Veep but with funny accents.

Thanks for the rec