Suspicious packages all over the place

SmokeyTheBear

1 hour ago, Rip76 said:

Correct.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Which is why they retracted the White House package, as it doesn't fit the narrative.

Serious question:  why would you immediately think multiple explosive devices sent exclusively to Democrat leaders, a left-wing billionaire and various media outlets would be "fishy"?  Is the first and most obvious conclusion NOT "it sounds like an unhinged right-winger is responsible"?

If not, WHY THE FUCK NOT?  Come on, man.  You're smarter than that.

At least you didn't neg me.

If they arrest the guy with a "Trump" shirt on, that'll top it all off.

I mean, have you seen some of the things said in the politics board?  This is pretty tame thinking compared to some of that craziness.

Edited by Rip76
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Serious question:  why would you immediately think multiple explosive devices sent exclusively to Democrat leaders, a left-wing billionaire and various media outlets would be "fishy"?  Is the first and most obvious conclusion NOT "it sounds like an unhinged right-winger is responsible"?

If not, WHY THE FUCK NOT?  Come on, man.  You're smarter than that.

Wake up, sheeple!  This is just like that time France was “invaded” by Nazi Germany.  What did the Germans have to gain from that supposed “invasion?”  When you take the blinder off and look at the facts, it’s clear the purported military “conquest” of France was, in fact, just a stunt coordinated by the French to make the Nazis look bad.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 3

I'm not gonna neg you, Rip76.  I just don't know why "conspiracy" is the default explanation for a thoughtful person.

When the guy started shooting at the Republicans practicing for a baseball game, one thing that never entered my mind was "I bet it's a REPUBLICAN!".

Occam's Razor.  First thought:  it's a nutjob.  Second thought:  it's a far right nutjob.

Edited by jimmyjazz

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Wake up, sheeple!  This is just like that time France was “invaded” by Nazi Germany.  What did the Germans have to gain from that supposed “invasion?”  When you take the blinder off and look at the facts, it’s clear the purported military “conquest” of France was, in fact, just a stunt coordinated by the French to make the Nazis look bad.

Completely the same.

3 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

extreme right nutjob: "i'm so mad at the world right now!  things have to change!  i know, i'll blow up all the people that are out of power  Dotard cant stop blaming for all our problems, despite the fact they are out of power!!"

Edited by Blotto

2 minutes ago, Stella Link said:

Damn!  This is just like Michael killing off the heads of the five families.....

No, not really.  Michael wasn't this incompetent.

It would be more like Fredo trying to kill off the heads of the five families.

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

So, without bringing the Knights Templar into it, that seems like a whole lot of bombs that have not blown up.

Incompetence? Intention?

If incompetence, I'd expect one or two to go off early, preferably right next to the bomb-maker.

Possible they were to trigger only when opened and none of them have been opened yet. I believe I heard some were found by xraying them during normal processing. 

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Possible they were to trigger only when opened and none of them have been opened yet. I believe I heard some were found by xraying them during normal processing. 

Probably right. I'm just comparing them to the bombs that idiot in Austin sent around, but those were to trusting people who went right ahead and opened them.

4 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Package in Florida reportedly addressed to Eric Holder

CNN is saying it was sent to an incorrect address for Holder, then sent to the return address for Wasserman Schultz.  Apparently all of the packages had that return address to make them look legit.

So current options for this are:

1) Right wing lunatic sending bombs to all the boogeymen and women that Fox News and Trump talk about.  Logic?  None, but nuts don't work on logic.  

2) Left Wing conspiracy (given the bombs didn't explode) meant to endear sympathy for Democratic leaders and to encourage people to vote because Republicans are dangerous.  Logic? Not a lot and take a pretty big tin foil hat and cynical view to think this is possible.

3) Russians/Chinese behind these specifically to promote more discord since the above 2 possibilities are what partisans are going to believe.

Ima gonna go with #3.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

CNN is saying it was sent to an incorrect address for Holder, then sent to the return address for Wasserman Schultz.  Apparently all of the packages had that return address to make them look legit.

Debbie used her own return address on the packages?   What an idiot!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

1) Right wing lunatic sending bombs to all the boogeymen and women that Fox News and Trump talk about.  Logic?  None, but nuts don't work on logic.  

2) Left Wing conspiracy (given the bombs didn't explode) meant to endear sympathy for Democratic leaders and to encourage people to vote because Republicans are dangerous.  Logic? Not a lot and take a pretty big tin foil hat and cynical view to think this is possible.

3) Russians/Chinese behind these specifically to promote more discord since the above 2 possibilities are what partisans are going to believe.

Ima gonna go with #3.

1 = 97%

2 = 1%

3 = 2%

• Like 5

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

Ima gonna go with #3.

Political conspiracies don't usually involve code red level felonies of the type that are routinely solved that would get all the actors tossed in jail for 40 years.

Ima gonna go with #3.

Yes, state actors committing acts of war is the most likely possibility here.